Maths language being a typical language has lots of symbols that can not be typed using a keyboard, and there is a specific method to type such symbols on every platform. While talking about typing maths, we have different software present on the web, such as MathType, LaTex, etc. For working on this software, one needs perfect knowledge about them. But the actual matter is if we do not know any of this software and we need to type any such symbol, how can we perform this task. Here, we’ll know some things like How to Type Therefore Symbol(∴) in Word/Excel.
For example, for typing, Therefore(∴) Symbol in Word/Excel, there are many ways such as inserting symbol using symbol icon on the Insert tab, by copying and pasting the symbol from some other means, by using the character map to copy and paste the symbol, by simply pressing 2234 and then Alt+x.
Typing Therefore on MS Word Using a Keyboard
If you want to type, therefore, on MS word using a keyboard, then you need to follow the following steps:
- Open your MS word, you will find a File Icon on the top left corner of the page.
- Choose that option, Now on the bottom right corner, there is an option named Word options and Exit word. Select Word Options.
- Now on the left corner, you will find so many options select Proofing.
- Now on the new page opens on the top there is a tab named AutoCorrect Option….
- Tap on that tab Choose Math AutoCorrect.
- Enable the topmost option that is Use Math AutoCorrect rules outside of math regions.
After all the above steps, you can easily type therefore symbol using \therefore. Not only, therefore, symbol, but you can also type numerous symbols using this format.
Copy and Paste, Therefore(∴) Symbol From Some Other Source
One of the simplest ways to type, therefore, a symbol is to copy and paste the symbols from some other source. One of such sources is Google itself. For this, you have to type the Therefore symbol on the search bar of your web browser and click on the search button. And the symbols will appear, copy the symbol from there and paste it on MS Word or MS Excel. For copying any text, you need to press Ctrl+C, and for pasting the copied text, you need to press Ctrl + V.
If you are using Windows, you can follow the following steps:
- Click on the Start icon on the taskbar of your computer’s window.
- Now on the search tab type character map and then a character map dialog box will appear to you.
- You can select the Malgun Gothic as the font from the font dropdown menu available on the top.
- Now click on the Advanced view check-box.
- You could have found the therefore(∴) Symbol, if you won’t then simply type therefore on the search option.
- Now click on the therefore symbol and click on copy.
- Now go to MS Word and paste the symbol.
Another Way to Type, Therefore(∴) Symbol on MS Word/Excel
Some other ways shortcut ways to type therefore symbol:
- This is another method to type therefore symbol on MS word using the MS Word specific symbol keyboard. For this, you need to select insert from the title bar. There at the end, you will find Symbol and Equation, choose Symbol. Then click on More Symbols. Now a keyboard containing numerous symbols will appear, you need to select Symbol font from the font drop-down menu. Now you can find the therefore symbol from all the symbols.
- You can type 2234, and then click Alt+x on the keyboard.
Here in this article, we have discussed how to type, therefore(∴) symbol using the keyboard in MS Word and MS Excel, Copying and pasting, therefore(∴) Symbol from search engine and also from the character map available for windows to copy different symbols that are not available on the keyboard. Also, we talked about some other methods. I hope you find this content useful.
- Is it possible to type alpha on MS Word?
Yes, you can follow the steps mentioned above to type alpha on MS word.
- Can we type a Mathematics question paper using MS Word?
Since there are lots of mathematical symbols that are very difficult for one to type, so it is difficult for one to make a mathematics question paper on ms word, you can use LaTex or MathType for this purpose.
- How to open a character map on window 7?
On the Taskbar of your Window 7, click on the start icon which is circular in shape. Then type character map on the search tab available there.
- How to type less than or more than symbol on MS Word/Excel?
You can use the insert tab to type the symbol. Also, you can use the character map as we discussed above in this article.