Call in sick has to do with the means of contacting important personnel in one’s place of work about the onset of an Illness or its severity to the extent that it affects one’s ability to go to work. Let us know about ‘Call in Sick Migraine’.
A migraine is a form of headache which is described as throbbing. It may occur many times in a week and may have precipitating factors, and relieving factors. The earlier we know how disturbing this pain is, the better we reason with people presenting with the symptoms and accept their reasons for absence from work.
Call in Sick Migraine
Call in sick migraine has to do. with the methodology involved in calling one’s employer or important personnel at work when there is the onset of a migraine and the need to be absent from work. Before discussing methods of calling in sick, there is a need to have an idea about what a migraine is.
A migraine is a form of headache that is very disturbing, this headache is throbbing, distressing and so severe that it could affect day-to-day activities.
Different signs and symptoms are associated with migraine
Some Signs are Seen Before the Headache: Such Signs Include:
- Some sensations known as an aura can occur when the patient-perceived bright light
- Some may hear some sounds before the headache starts
- There may be yawning, dizziness, and general weakness before the onset of symptoms
During the Headache:
- There may be dizziness
- There may be nausea and vomiting
- There can be pain which might be mild, moderate, or severe depending on the degree of the headache.
- Nasal congestion may occur
After the Headache, This is the Resolution Stage
- There may be irritability
- Tiredness and exhaustion from the headache may occur
Causes of Migraine are not Specific. Some of these include:
- Genetic predisposition: Parents with migraine are more likely to have children with such
- Environmental stress: Such as loud noises and changes in temperature
- Diets such as excess consumption of chocolates, and nuts. Additives present in food such as tyramine and sodium monoglutamates are at risk of migraine
- Poor sleep
- Reduce drinking of water leading to dehydration.
- Emotional changes such as excess anxiety or depression.
- Changes in hormonal profile may or may not be related to menstruation.
- Usually, drugs named ‘triptans’ such as sumatriptan are used
- Analgesics such as ibuprofen and acetaminophen can be used
- Treatment can also be based on the symptoms, anti emetics can be given for someone vomiting and nasal decongestants may be used to decongest the nose
Prevention is the Key. This includes:
- Avoiding triggers as much as possible
- Dietary modifications, nuts cheese, chocolates, and other food containing tyramine should be avoided.
- Enough sleep is required
- As much as possible, emotional stability is essential
Call in Sick Migraine can be Done Using Different Means
- The polite call can be placed to the employer
- Sending text messages to the employer in a polite manner
- A colleague can be sent to the employer or the important personnel and there may be a need to follow up with a call or text message
- Absence from work without notification may be dangerous, it may trigger unnecessary fear or portray an act of unseriousness to the coworkers and the employer
Advantages of Call in Sick Migraine
- It allows the colleague and employer as the case may be to understand the nature of the illness
- It serves as evidence of the reason for your absence
- It shows how responsible one is.
- It shows one’s attitude to work
- Too frequent calls may trigger some negative reactions
- There may be a need to ask the patient to leave the work
- Despite Call in Sick Migraine, absence from work may reduce productivity
- There may be stigma where people might call the person in concern all sorts of names either directly or indirectly.
Call in Sick Migraine is good and advisable. Anyone can be a patient at any time, no one is immune to illness. It is good to understand the severity of this disease as proper understanding will help the patient in seeking medical attention and will help the employer or authority concerned to see ways they can modify their working conditions in favor of the patient.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a migraine the same as a normal headache?
Answer: No headache is normal, however, a migraine is a form of headache.
Can I still do my day-to-day activities when I have a migraine?
Answer: It depends on the kind of migraine, severe migraine may limit the day-to-day activities, however, one may still manage to cope with a migraine.
Is it good to always take permission when my migraine starts?
Answer: This is best known to you, when a migraine is very serious, it is advisable to seek permission for you. If it is mild and you can cope with your daily activities, it is better to go to work after taking medications and there is an improvement. However, if there is no improvement after medications irrespective of the severity, there is a need to see a physician.
Should I use the drug my friend is using for migraine too?
Answer: Do not use the drugs that are not prescribed to you. The medical condition of your friend might be different from yours. As much as possible, see a physician for appropriate treatment.