Is Dove Chocolate and Dove Soap the same company? Dove chocolate is owned by Mars, while Dove soap is owned by Unilever.
The same company does not make Dove soap and Dove chocolate. The two products share the same name but are owned by two different companies. Dove chocolate is owned by Mars, while Dove soap is owned by Unilever.
Is Dove Chocolate and Dove Soap the same company
Many people fall into a difficult-to-get-out confusion about “If Dove chocolate and Dove soap are made by the same company.” Please do get confused. Dove chocolate and Dove soap are not from the same brand or company and are not related (except by having the same product name, ‘Dove’). The reason why people get confused involves both products having the same product name, ‘Dove.’
The Dove soap is owned by Unilever. Dove chocolate is owned by Mars. Dove soap doesn’t make Dove chocolate and Dove chocolate doesn’t own Dove soap.
Dove soap and Dove chocolate possess the same registered product name or trademark, and it has steered a lot of people into the possibility of mixing both products from the same company. Dove soap by Unilever produces soap and beauty products, and Dove chocolate by Mars makes chocolates and cream. Unilever and Mars are two different companies that own two different products, So, don’t get it twisted.
It is not improper or illegal for both products (Dove soap and Dove chocolate) to hold the same product name. By law, two companies can register their product with the same name or trademark inasmuch they are not the same class of product. Again, two products – e.g., Dove soap and Dove chocolate – can coexist with the same trademark or name. So far each is a different type of product or services.
Which came first, Dove Soap or Dove Chocolate?
Dove toiletries (or soap) is owned by Unilever. It was established in 1957 in the United States when its first Dove soap was launched. Unilever has established more than 400 brands, many of, are personal care items. Dove toiletries manufacture soaps, deodorants, and shampoos. Dove Chocolate was initially created as Dove Candies & Ice Cream in 1939 in Chicago. In 1986, It was acquired by Mars.
Dove Chocolate was established in 1939, while Dove soap came into existence 51 years after. So, Dove chocolate was first established before Dove soap (You should get the picture clearer now).
Why People confuse Dove soap and Dove chocolate from the same company?
- There are plenty of reasons why people confuzzle Dove chocolate and Dove soap as two products from one company. Frankly, the two products can be quite confusing judging by both sharing the same product name. It takes good research to get past what causes others to get confused about the two products.
- The two products share the same product name. These names appear in quite similar fonts and colors on both products. It’s like when you view a reflection of yourself in a mirror. You see the same thing; you. Also, the ‘Dove’ name as trademarks for the two products is spelled and pronounced the same way. This has led everyone into a general conclusion that; Dove Chocolate and Dove soap are from the same company and it has made it harder to believe both products aren’t from the same company.
- The reasons why both companies used the same name for their products has been unclear. No one can tell precisely the reason for that. However, it has been presumed that Dove soap selected the word ‘Dove’ as it can attribute its soap product well with it. As the name implies, ‘Dove’ signifies gentleness and peace and this symbolism relates well to its product as a soap. For Dove chocolate, the choice of the word ‘Dove’ to its chocolate product can be connected to Doves been frequently used as fancy playthings or living decorations for kids especially.
Dove soap vs. Dove chocolate
- Dove (soap)
- Dove soap was established by Unilever in the United States when it launched its first Dove beauty bar in 1957. Currently, It is based in the United Kingdom. The American chemist Vincent Lamberti was granted the right as the soap inventor because he received 118 granted patents – the right given to someone for inventing a product – while working for the lever brothers in the 1950s. Today, the revolutionary beauty bar soap has grown as a personal care brand with a global presence. Dove’s products are manufactured in more than 25 countries and sold in over 150 countries. Dove products are offered to both men and women.
- Dove products are produced from synthetic surfactants, vegetable oils, and salts of animal fats. Some of the products are body washes, beauty bars, lotions or moisturizers, hair care, facial care, antiperspirants, or deodorants.
- Dove chocolate
- Dove Candies & Ice Cream was created by Leo Stefanos, an American-Greek, in Chicago in 1939. Stefanos established the Candies and Cream company as a brand that made ice cream bars and sold them in Chicago only. In 1985, its ice cream distribution was expanded to several places in the United States. In 1960, the company was launched in the UK with the name Galaxy. Later in 1986, Mars acquired it, and both companies were incorporated, and Mars was pronounced as the owner. Dove chocolate has remained atop as a loved chocolate producer for almost a millennium in the United States. Dove chocolate manufactures a range of chocolates, candies, milk, cakes, and ice creams.
- If you are looking for tasteful milky chocolate, go for Dove Chocolate. No kid can reject that creamy flavor. It would help if you got a piece too. Its sweet messages written on the inside of the foil wrapper can brighten your day and candy jar.
Dove soap and Dove chocolate are two separate companies with the same trademark name, ‘Dove.’ Unilever owns Dove soap, and it is based in the United Kingdom. Dove chocolate formerly known as Dove Candies and Ice Cream company, is owned by Mars and is based in the United States. The two companies have the same trademark name for their products because they are different types or classes. One product is associated with soap making, while the other is all about chocolate and cream. Get it straight.