The most essential Asp Net Web API Interview Questions and Answers may be found here. These Asp Net Interview Questions and Answers can assist you in preparing for a networking job interview. It may be tough to prepare for an Asp interview; nevertheless, by skimming through typical questions, you can have a good sense of what the interviewer could ask. The way the Asp Net Web API operates is the subject of several Asp Net Web API Interview Questions. Only the most basic questions about what it is and what services it performs will be asked. Knowing how to respond to them correctly, on the other hand, is the key to acing the interview you’re preparing for.
Asp Net API Interview Questions With Sample Answers
What is the significance of the Web API?
A web API is a service that essentially supplies us with data and information from the server. Due to the following reasons, it is critical:
- It is used to offer a data access interface for websites and client applications.
- It may also be used to retrieve data from a database and save it back to it.
- It accepts a variety of text formats, including XML, and others.
- It works with every type of browser and any sort of device, including mobile, desktop, and online.
- It makes use of low-bandwidth data, such as XML, and is thus suitable for devices with limited bandwidth, such as mobile.
- Web API is more appropriate for UI/UX, raises interest in the company’s goods and services, and boosts website traffic from a commercial standpoint.
What are the most frequent answer formats for Web APIs?
There is no particular data type for it. Many HTTP methods, such as GET, PUT, and POST can return data in a variety of forms, based on what needs to be used.
What is a Web API, and what are the benefits of using one?
A Web API (Application Programming Interface) is an API that can be accessed via the HTTP protocol over the Internet. It is often regarded as the most effective platform for disclosing or discovering data and services to a variety of services. It’s a mechanism for pushing data to a server that may also be accessible by server code. It can be developed using ASP.Net or even Java if needed.
Why do we use API?
- It has other layers that merely standardize communications and give various input and output formatting choices.
- It works with MVC, Java, and a variety of web applications, including ASP.NET WebForms.
- Web API services are the finest when it comes to creating resource-oriented services.
Why should you use Web API rather than WCF?
Some of the reasons why Web API is favored over WCF are as follows:
- Web APIs make advantage of all HTTP capabilities, including URIs, request/response headers, caching, versioning, and a variety of content types.
- In Web API, there is no need to create or explain any additional config settings for distinct devices.
- Because Web API supports a variety of text forms, including XML, it is quicker and more suitable for lightweight applications.
- MVC features are also supported by Web API, but MVC features are not supported by WCF.
- When compared to WCF, the Web API provides more freedom and flexibility.
- To offer safe service, Web API employs standard security such as token authentication, basic authentication, and so on, whereas WCF uses the WS-I standard.
What are some of the advantages of a Web API that uses Rest?
Due to the following reasons, REST is highly significant and useful in Web API:
- It reduces the amount of data sent between the client and the server.
- It’s simple to use and light.
- It gives you additional options.
- It also handles and manages a variety of calls and returns data in a variety of forms.
- It’s recommended for usage in mobile apps since it reduces data transmission between the client and the server.
What are media type formatters?
Media type formatters are classes in the web API that are in charge of serializing data. Web API may better comprehend request data format and provide data in the format that the client expects by serializing request/response data. The data that is transferred between the client and the server is simply defined in an HTTP response or request.
How do you utilize Web API filters and what are they?
Filters are used to add more logic to the Web API framework’s request processing at various levels. There are several sorts of Web API filters accessible, as shown below:
Authentication Filter: It authenticates HTTP requests and manages authentication. It also aids in the verification of user information; it verifies the user’s identification.
Authorization Filter: This filter deals with authorization. It takes place before the controller action. This filter determines whether or not a user has been authenticated.
AuthorizeAttribute: Web API’s authorization filter.
Action Filter: A type of attribute that may be applied to individual controller actions or the whole controller. It’s used to provide additional logic before or after a controller action is performed. It’s just a technique to extend the capabilities of Web API services.
Exception Filter: In the Web API, this filter is used to handle unhandled exceptions. When a controller action throws an unhandled exception that isn’t HttpResponseException, this method is called. An “IExceptionFilter” interface will be implemented.
Override Filter: This filter is intended to keep certain action methods or controllers out of the global or controller level filters. Its sole purpose is to change the behavior of other filters for specific action methods.
In a Web API, how do you handle failures?
In general, web APIs offer more flexibility when it comes to managing failures. Exception handling is a programming method for dealing with run-time problems in application code. To deal with errors, you may utilize HttpResponseException, HttpError, Exception filters, register exception filters, and Exception handlers.
What exactly is the ASP.NET Web API?
Active server pages (ASP) is an acronym for Active Server Pages. ASP.NET is a modernized version of the original ASP. It’s a programming framework for creating HTTP services that respond to client requests. It may be accessible through a variety of programs on a variety of platforms. It is a Microsoft open-source technology that allows you to create and consume HTTP-based services on top of the.NET Framework.
ASP.NET Web API makes creating HTTP services a breeze. These services are available to a variety of clientele, as listed below:
- Applications for the Desktop
- Apps for mobile devices
- IOTs \Browsers
What is caching and what are the different forms of caching?
Caching is a technique or procedure for saving data for future requests someplace, such as in the cache. The cache serves as a temporary storing location. Caching stores all frequently or recently visited files or data in cache memory and accesses them from the cache rather than the data or file’s actual location.
Caching Forms: There are three fundamental types of caching, as listed below –
- Data Caching
- Fragment Caching
- Page Caching
What are some advantages of Vavhing?
- It is seen to be the best option for ensuring that data is sent where it is required, and at a high degree of efficiency, that benefits both the client and the server.
- It provides end-users with web objects more quickly.
- It decreases the time it takes for the website server to load.
- It allows any procedure to be completed more quickly.
- It lowers the cost of the network.
What is ASP.NET Web API routing and what does it do?
Routing is the most important part of the ASP.NET Web API. The process of matching a URI to a Web API operation is known as routing. It’s essentially a decision-making process that determines which action and controller should be invoked. The controller is a class that takes care of all HTTP requests. Action methods, or simple actions, refer to all public methods of controllers. When a Web API framework gets a request of any kind, it routes it to action.
Web API is a framework for ASP.NET programming that allows us to get data from the server. It is entirely built on the HTTP protocol and is simple to create, expose, and consume in a RESTful manner. On the.NET framework, it is regarded as a suitable foundation for creating RESTful apps. You may learn more about Web API, its relevance, and benefits from the following Web API interview questions and answers.
What is an example of a Web API?
YouTube API, for example, allows you to embed videos on your website. Allows you to show Tweets on your website using the Twitter API. Facebook API – This allows you to show information from Facebook on your website.
What is the distinction between a Web API and a REST API?
While Web API was formerly synonymous with SOAP-based online services, the word SOAP is now leaning towards REST-style web resources in Web 2.0.
Is an API the same as a Web service?
An API is an interface that allows you to build on the data and functionality of another application, whereas a web service is a network-based resource that performs a certain task. Yes, web services and APIs are comparable, but not all APIs are web services.