A cruise director is a person who makes sure that the entertainment and fun are on point and that the passengers are having their best time onboard. A cruise director works for almost 16 hours a day. The cruise goes to many places throughout the journey, and the cruise director has to be away from his home for more than six months sometimes. Being a cruise director has its perks with the long shift duty. One can enjoy the luxuries with his passengers. One can socialize with them, enjoy the food and entertainment, and have their own stateroom. A cruise director is responsible for hosting the events happening onboard. He leads a huge team and is busy much of the time planning the events and looking over to see if everything is fine. Let us know ‘Salaries For The Cruise Director’.
The salary range for a cruise director
The average salaries for a cruise director in the US sums up to $39,699 per annum. Cruise directors earn the most money in San Francisco with a total of $59,315 per annum, which is 49% greater than the total US average. For an individual filer making the tax payment, the estimated average federal tax rate is 22%. With the tax taken out, cruise directors could expect to take home $35,026 per annum. It equals a payment of $1,459 per month. The salary of a cruise director varies from cruise to cruise, with more experience, and the average salary is different for different people and different ships. The range of salaries in the US goes between $68,252 and $88,267, with an average salary of $68,252 per annum.
Factors affecting the salary amount for the job
The salary amount presented to one is affected by the level of experience one has in the field. The more years one spends working as a cruise director, the more one can expect to earn.
- The entry-level position with experience of less than a year earns around $48,082 per annum for the job, while one with experience of more than 4 years is presented with an annual salary amount of $55,390.
- One with experience of more than 7 years as a cruise director earns an annual salary amount of $65,857, whereas having experience of more than 15 years earns a salary amount of $79,974 per annum for the job.
- A cruise director with more than 20 years of experience is presented with an annual salaries of $101,021 in the United States.
- Salaries range in different cities
Location can have a great impact on how much one makes, as it is indirectly related to the opportunities offered to oneself. With one being a resident of a big metropolitan city, he has a better chance of earning a higher salary than in a small city.
- In a city like Seattle, one is offered an annual salary of $105,218 for the job of a cruise director, while Sunnyvale offers a salary of $79,835 per annum for the same job.
- San Francisco presents one with an annual salary amount of $94,790, whereas in Denver, one can expect to earn around $86,608 per annum for the same job.
- New York City and Los Angeles suggest an annual salary amount of $83,789 and $80,207, respectively, for the job of a cruise director in the United States.
- In Atkinson, they present one with an average annual salary amount of $77,460 for the job, while in Bridgehampton, one can expect to earn an annual salary amount of $66,204 for the job of a cruise director.
- New Orleans suggests an annual amount of $53,160 as a salary for the job. Oklahoma City presents one with an annual salary of $51,422 for the job of a cruise director in the United States.
- Different cruise lines
As an experience, different cruise lines offer different pay scales to their employees. The salary range of a cruise director varies with the cruise line they are working with.
- On the cruise, Royal Caribbean offers an amount between $93,797 and $183, whereas Princess Cruises provides a salary of $166,408.
- Carnival cruises present a salary amount of $135,275, whereas MSC cruises put forward an amount of $56,882 as a salary to a cruise director per annum.
Requirements for the job
A cruise director has a job that includes travel throughout the ship. They have to work inside and outside regardless of the weather. They are the people who attend to the needs of the guests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are always present for the passengers. The job demands long shifts of time and being away for months. They are the ones that make sure that the entertainment is running smoothly. They are the ones that overlook the process of recruiting the talent and getting them on board. To simplify it, cruise directors are the people that make sure that everything is running smoothly without delay and hassle.
Qualifications required to work as a cruise director
To be a cruise director, one may need a bachelor’s degree in hospitality or fields related to it. One may also need a specific amount of experience in conducting and managing big events and groups of people for a better resume and a good chance to get the job. Prior experience with hospitality management in the shipping industry is most desirable. Most cruise directors work their way up through the ranks on the ship. Cruise directors are frequently hired from within the ranks of the ship.
The salaries of a cruise director is determined by a couple of factors, which include education, experience, and the location of their job. The salary of a cruise director can vary depending on the cruise line and how much experience one has on board with them. Along with having fun and a great deal of responsibility to be fulfilled by them, cruise directors also earn a sum of thousands of dollars per month. The average salary for a cruise director can be regarded as between $3000 and $7000 per month. An effective way to increase your salary is to be in the good books of your boss so you get a positive performance review.