Salaries For Surgical Coordinator -Know More About It

The role of a surgical coordinator is to be there for a patient from start to finish. Basically, from the first phone call through surgery and then past surgery. They schedule surgical appointments, and they also do a lot more administrative tasks. It depends on where they work, but they often assist patients with the documentation process and help with their sign-in sheets, and they also file paperwork and submit billing and insurance claims. And they also perform those basic bookkeeping tasks in addition to scheduling surgeries and other clinical duties. Let us know about “Salaries For Surgical Coordinator”

Salaries For Surgical Coordinator

The job data of surgical coordinators as of 2022, the average hourly salary they receive is 19.40 USD. The average total pay they receive is 60,870 USD a year, and the average they get paid is 41,826 USD a year. The surgical coordinator makes the most in San Francisco, with average compensation ranging to 38,494 USD a year, which is 2% greater than the average compensation the coordinators get in the US.

The Average Salary For A Surgical Coordinator In The US

New York, NY

The Average Base Salary of a Surgical Coordinator in New York is 36,124 USD per year, which is: 2% below the national average pay of 36,864 USD. The payment is the same as the combined average salary of Boston, Denver, and Salt Lake City. 60% of Surgical Coordinators receive around 35,350 USD, with the top 86% making 50,790 USD.

Denver, CO

Jeff Bezos Career Advice
Jeff Bezos Career Advice

The Average Base Salary of a Surgical Coordinator in Denver is 36,124 USD per year, which is: 2% below the national average pay of 36,864 USD. The payment is the same as the combined average salary of Atlanta, Dallas, and Seattle. 60% of Surgical Coordinators receive around 35,350 USD, with the top 86% making 50,790 USD.

San Francisco, CA

The Average Base Salary of a Surgical Coordinator in San Francisco is 36,124 USD per year, which is: 2% below the national average pay of 36,864 USD. The payment is the same as the combined average salary of Boston, Denver, and Salt Lake City. 60% of Surgical Coordinators receive around 35,350 USD, with the top 86% making 50,790 USD.

Boston, MA

The Salary of a Surgical Coordinator in Boston ranges from 38,000 USD to 73,000 USD, and the median salary they receive is around 53,488 USD with experience of 8+ years. 10% of the Surgical Coordinator receive 36,000 USD, while 90% receive 78,000 USD with an hourly pay up to 21.85 USD.

Las Angeles, CA

The Salary of a Surgical Coordinator in LA ranges from 40,939 USD to 58,324 USD. The median salary they receive is around 48,390 USD which is the salary received by 50% of the surgical coordinators. 10% of them receive 40,939 USD, and the rest 90% of them receive around 58,324 USD. With an hourly pay of up to 20-28 USD.

Chicago, IL

The Salary of a Surgical Coordinator in Chicago ranges from 38,321 USD to 54,751 USD, and the median salary they receive is around 45,390 USD which is the salary received by 50% of the coordinators. 10% of them receive 38,321 USD, and the rest 90% of them receive around 54,751 USD a year. With an hourly pay of up to 10-26 USD.

New Orleans, LA

The Salary of a Surgical Coordinator in New Orleans ranges from 35,794 USD to 51,078 USD, and the median salary they receive is around 42,890 USD which is the salary received by 50% of the coordinators, while only 10% of them receive 35,890 USD, and the rest 90% them receive around 51,078 USD a year. With an hourly pay of up to 10-26 USD.

Education Required

Well, now, what is the education Required if you want to become a surgical coordinator? Well, in most cases, all you need is a high school diploma or GED equivalent, which seems to be the basic requirement at most HealthCare facilities. Though a lot of times the organisation requires maybe- one or two years of clerical, receptionist, or administrative experience, that’s not always necessary but can be helpful. In addition, you can’t always get certified because in this profession, you don’t have to have a licence or a certification. But there is a certification called Certified Administrative Professional called CAMP, offered by the International Association of Administration Professionals for any job profession. So having two or three years of experience can boost your job prospects.

Skills To Be Needed As A Surgical Coordinator

Well, it’s not much of a sapping job. The first thing to know is being able to type- obviously because you will be assigned to do a lot of typing as you schedule surgeries and fill out the documentation. You also must be familiar with a lot of technology because you will be working on computers or maybe using software to schedule surgeries and operating telephone lines. Also, you need to have good organisation skills. You must be able to multitask and deal with patients, have good customer service skills, and know some basic medical terminology.

Job Statistics

According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics, which is the government organisation that collects your cords jobs data and it’s accurate as of 2021. There are 516,500 jobs for medical secretaries as of 2022. 

Now what industries had the highest employment level? Firstly, for offices of physicians, 32,340 USD was the average salary, for General medical and surgical hospitals 33,800 USD, Offices of Dentists 37,920 USD. 

Now the top paying industries. Well, Junior Colleges came in number one with 40,980 USD as an average salary, Scientific research, and development with 40,930 USD, and Consumer good rental with 39,320 USD.

Conclusion

So that was all about the salaries of Surgical Coordinators in the States and which industries they specialise in, which totally depends on their education, and skills. Also, I would like to add some top paying states where you can prefer to work, that is Washington, with an average salary up to $40,700, New Jersey: $39,850, Massachusetts: 39,730. All these were classified: as average compensation. And you will surely want to know the lowest paying states to save you from getting scammed, and the three are West Virginia, Louisiana, and Kentucky, where the average compensation is between $28,160-$28,820.

FAQs
  1. Does the Surgical Coordinator Receive Benefits?

Ans: Yes, They receive benefits such as Social Security, SSDI, Pensions, and other governmental facilities.

  1. What are the similar jobs to Surgical Coordinator?

Ans: Chief Operating Officer, Operating Room Supervisor, Head nurse, Operating Systems Programmer, Staff Nurse.

  1. What is the Average Salary of a Surgical Coordinator in Dallas?

Ans: 36,124 USD a year.

Salaries For Surgical Coordinator -Know More About It

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll to top