Salaries for the post of a software sales representative purely depend upon the expertise and the experience they possess in the field of software skills or any system-related product they are selling to the customers or the marketplace and above the knowledge of dealing and communicating with the customers along with it the level of education, they gain in the field of computer science, software engineering, Business or marketing.let us know about that the Salaries For Software Sales Representative.
This article spells out the information regarding the salaries of software sales representatives.
The salaries of Software sales representatives in the United States range from $104,731 to $149,715 with a median salary of $118,448. The 50 percent of software sales representatives make between $118,497 and $128,755 while the top 83% make $149,715.
Who is a software sales representative and what do they do?
In the post of Software sales representative, the person is performing the task as the representative of the software or the product. They are dealing with the public and introducing customers to the features and usage of the software they are selling to the market. They are exceeding the sales goals of the organization with their negotiation power and offering demos and trials of the software to build a relationship of trust between the customer and the organization.
Responsibilities of a software sales representative
Responsibilities that are performed by a software sales representative are based on the software dealings and exploring their product, they perform the crucial task for the organization, some of the responsibilities of the software sales representatives are mentioned below:
- A Software sales representative is responsible for helping the customer to identify their software needs and match them to the right software they are looking for.
- They are responsible for promoting and maintaining a positive business relationship between customers and the organization.
- The person who performs the job of software sales representative must learn and understand the specifications of the software and IT-Based program that is running behind the functionality of the software to represent it correctly and confidently.
- They are responsible for the organization’s reputation and overall maintenance of sales and stocks, so they need to be an attentive and strong negotiator.
- They are responsible for keeping a look over the inventory to ensure the orders are available in stock or not.
Factors that are affecting the salaries of Software sales representatives
This article defines the factors that are strongly affecting the salaries of software sales representatives, those factors are mentioned below:
- The Educational level of software sales representatives.
- Experience level of software sales representative.
- The skill that is required for a software sales representative’s job.
- Location for the job.
- Different companies or the place of job for a software sales representative.
Now in this article, the salaries of a software sales representative on these factors are further discussed in detail.
Salaries of Software sales representatives based on Educational level
The Educational level is widely important for applying for any type of job. The more educated person possesses more perks of job level and salaries. In applying for the post of software sales representative the applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in the field of software engineering, computer science, Business, or marketing. Along with it, the master’s degree should be in the relevant field or subject. The salary that is offered for the post of software sales representative with a bachelor’s degree is between $50,739 and $65,700.
Salaries of Software sales representatives based on Experience Level
The experience helps the person to acquire the best position in professional life. The salaries for the post of a software sales representative can vary depending upon the years of experience a person has from entry-level to senior level, the salaries for software sales representatives with years of experience are given as under:
A software sales representative with 0-2 years of experience can earn up to $65,700.
A software sales representative with 3-5 years of experience can earn up to $85,700.
A software sales representative with 6-8 years of experience can earn up to $135,000.
Salaries for software sales representatives based on level of skills
Different skills are required to perform the tasks that are required for the post of software sales representative. The salaries for the applicant with professional skills are high, some of the skills that are required for the job of software sales representatives are mentioned below:
- Communication skills are solely important for the job of a software sales representative.
- Awareness of software and its specifications.
- Negotiation skills.
- In public dealings, the applicant must have the skill of dealing with customers to answer the questions before and after the purchase of software and satisfy them.
- Must have the skill of maintaining the record of stock and updating the inventory.
- Time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft excel.
Salaries for software sales representatives based on the job location
Job locations are the major factor that affects the salary of jobs. The salary for the post of a software sales representative is different from city to city in the United States. A bunch of few cities with their average salaries are mentioned below;
- California $100,752
- Houston, CO $100,00
- Wyoming $95,646
- Oregon $99,646
- Washington $103,901
- New York, NY $80,000
- San Jose, CA $90,000
- Birmingham, AL $55,000
Salaries for software sales representatives based on different Companies
Every hiring company has its policy and different salaries for the post of software sales representative. The names of the few companies in the United States with their salaries are mentioned below:
- Nerd Pine solution LLC $170,609 per year.
- Gpac $124,752 per year.
- Authority Brands $104,470 per year.
- Trihydro Corporation $93,239 per year.
- Confidant recruiting $120,827 per year.
- Drake Software LLC $94,417 per year.
- 4flow $215,295 per year.
- IBM $78,822 per year.
- Foundation automotive Corp $104,334 per year.
- Fastrak soft works Inc $83,998 per year.
Cities with the highest salary for software sales representative post
In this article, the information regarding the cities with the highest paying salaries for the software sales representative is mentioned:
- Boston, MA $99,963
- Charlotte, NC $90,644
- Akron, OH $83,909
- New York, NY $83,203
- Denver, CO $8,317
- Washington, DC $77,079
- Phoenix, AZ $81,803
Salaries for the post of software sales representative solely depend upon the factors that are discussed above in this article. Salaries can be varying due to different factors and the average salary of software sales representatives is $82,188 per year in the United States.