All living beings grow with time. This growth happens in all humans, plants, and animals. In our daily life, we see the growth of our nails and hair and then at some point we gradually cut or trim them. The same is the case with animals that have hooves such as horses, cows, donkeys, etc. These hoofs also need to be trimmed or cut down so the animals can stay healthy and happy. A person who trims these hoofs for different animals is known as a hoof trimmer and it is a well-established career in the united states, especially in areas with cattle farms and stables. Let us know ‘Salaries For Hoof Trimmers’.
Salaries For Hoof Trimmers
A hoof trimmer in the United States earns an average of $29,088 annually. A hoof trainer in the United States is paid an hourly rate of $16 on average. The maximum salary that a well-paid hoof trimmer earns is $49,460 but a person who is new to the hoof trimming job and has just started can expect a salary of a minimum of $18,780.
Range of salaries:
The average salary range of a hoof trimmer in the united states falls between an amount of $18,780 to $49,960.on average they are paid an amount between this figure which is $29,088.the hourly average is also $16 but ranges from $12 to $20 per hour. in this range of salary given to hoof trimmers the top 80 percent of them earn $36, 018 to $49,960 per year .however on the other side the medium 60 percent of hoof trimmers makes an earning of $28,099 to $36,018 per year. The hoof trimmers even get a bonus of $365 sometimes which is 1 percent of their salaries. This explained range is the overall range of salaries of hoof trimmers in the United States while this range can be different from state to state throughout America.
To further know about hoof trimmers and the different salary packages they get, give this article a read till the very end
Salaries of different Kinds of animal hoof trainers:
As there are a lot of animals born with hoofs and they are also a source of food for us or we keep them as a pet then taking good care of their hoofs should be over top priority
The different types of animal hoof trimmers with their salaries are:
The average salary for a horse hoof trimmer or a farrier is $18,749 to $27984 per year, however the annual pay of a horse hoof trimmer can increase up to $200,000 if he or she works on well-bred horses. The horse hoof trimmer is known as a farrier and they specialize in work for horses.
Cattle hoof trimmers:
a person that looks after cattle and trims their hooves is known as a cattle hoof trainer. The average salary of a cattle hoof trimmer is $24,000 per year. The top 10 percent of them make an earning of more than $24,000 per year. They trim the hooves of various kinds of cattle including bulls, oxen, cows, etc.
Giraffe hoof trimmers:
The average salary for a giraffe hooves trimmer is $30,630.They usually trim the hooves of large giraffes in the zoo that can be in discomfort because of the hooves. These are the main types of hoof trimmers that trim either horses, cattle, or wild animals such as giraffes.
States with the highest salaries for hoof trimmers
We have already explained the average salaries of hoof trimmers in the United States but these salaries are also different from state to state due to many different factors such as locations with more animals, economy, etc.
- The average salary for a hoof trimmer in Washington DC is $37,408 per year. The normal basic range of salaries from a minimum to a maximum value is $32,739 to $44,221 per year.
- The average salary for a hoof trimmer in Massachusetts is $36,923 per year. The normal basic range of salaries is between $31,199 to $43,647 per year.
- The average salary for a hoof trimmer in New Jersey is $36,664 per year. the basic salary range in this state from minimum to maximum is $29,390 to $43,342
- The average salary a hoof trainer earns in Canada is $37908 or an hourly rate of $18.The hoof trainers also get a bonus once every year which is equivalent to $447 in Canada.
The basic range of salaries in California is from $32,239 to $43,522 per year
- The average salary for a hoof trimmer in Rhode Island is $35,329 per year. The basic normal range of salaries from a minimum to a maximum is $27,387 to $41,764 per year.
- The average salary for hoof trimmers in Oregon is $34,429 per year. The basic normal range of salaries from a minimum to the maximum level is $26,689 to $40,699
- The average salary for hoof trimmers in Delaware is $33,651 which is equivalent to an hourly rate of $16.18.the overall range of salary in Delaware is from $26,086 to $39,780 p[er year.
- The average salary for hoof trimmers in Vermont is $33,496 per year. The basic normal range of salaries from a minimum to a maximum level is $27,414 to $39,597 per year.
- The average salary for hoof trainers in Florida is $30,858.the normal basic range of salaries from a minimum to maximum is $23,921 to $36,478 per year
- The average salary for hoof trimmers in Kansas is $30,114.the basic range of salaries in Kansas is from $23,344 to $35,559 per year.
This is the range of salaries across different states although there is not much difference from one to the next in line but still for well-paid salaries people always choose the state with the highest salary to have a better and well-facilitated life.
Trimming hooves for different animals can also be a profession for many people out there, especially those who are veterans or those who have experience with farm animals. The salary packages that we have seen across the states are also enough to afford a well-settled life for a hoof trimmer and with the increasing need for dairy products and protein intake in the form of meat from animals increasing, the chances of more jobs as hoof trimmers also increase due to more numbers of animals in farms and other areas.
Frequently asked questions
- How do hoof trimmers trim hooves?
Hoof trimmers use various tools to measure the excess claw, match trimmings on both claws, and add shoes. He also uses some support system to hold the claws in one place
- Do hoof trimmers have a professional degree?
Hoof trimmers do not have a professional degree. They just train with master hoof trimmers and get a certificate for working approval sometimes.
- What is the main reason for hoof trimming?
Hoof trimming is done to balance the weight on both inner and outer claws, remove any debris stuck in claws that can cause damage, and remove the extra outgrown claw.