A groundsman or a lineman is a person who digs up holes and the one who raises poles for the electric power or the telephone lines and lifts the equipment and tools for the lineman. The job of a groundsman is to assist with the construction process and maintenance of power lines. Linemen have one of the most dangerous jobs around the globe to perform. One must have the physical strength and will to be a hands-on learner.let us know about that the Salaries For Groundskeepers And Linemen.
The average salary earned by a groundsman lineman is around $65,820 per annum in the United States. The salary amount of a goodman lineman’s job falls between $36,000 and $95,990 per annum in the United States. While the majority of employees earn approximately $66,450 per year, individuals file for tax with an estimated federal tax of around 22% taken out, one could expect to take an amount of $55,400 per annum home, which equals a $2,308 per month salary.
Roles and responsibilities
They have to review the job work requirements and provide input-related work for the day. They are responsible for loading and unloading materials and supplies into and out of the vehicles at the crew headquarters and also performing the same task at the job site. They have to travel to different job locations within a geographically assigned region and sometimes outside of it in case of emergencies. They have the job of taking the voltage readings and also hanging and energizing transformers. They troubleshoot problems and make sure they understand the extent of repairs on primary and secondary overhead or underground dead legs. They have to climb poles with the help of boot hooks and aerial lifts. They are responsible for testing, framing, and setting or anchoring the poles; they also string electric power lines and have to install cross-arms.
Factors affecting the salary amount of ground linemen
The advancement and increase in payment for one in this industry depend upon one’s skill level, the years of experience one has in the industry and the location of work. These factors affect the suggested opportunities presented to one.
Experience is a vital factor in determining the salary amount for the job of a groundsman lineman in the United States. As per the level of experience, an entry-level salary for the position is around $31,550 per annum, while the employee with the most experience earns $50,681 per annum. The average salary as per different sources is around $37,050 per annum for the job of a groundsman/lineman, which is $189 per hour.
Location is another vital factor affecting the salary amount for the job of a ground man lineman in the United States.
- The salary amount differs in different states too. Minnesota offers an amount of $48,789 per annum, while Virginia offers an amount of $48,126 per annum as a salary. South Dakota suggests an amount of $46,625 per annum, while Washington presents an amount of $44,538 per annum.
- Colorado presents an amount of $41,588 per annum, while Indiana suggests an amount of $39,000 per annum as the salary amount.
- Ohio and California suggest an amount of $34,125 and $34,125 per annum for salary, respectively. Texas offers $33,092 per annum, while Missouri and South Carolina offer $32,175 per annum as the salary amount.
- Florida suggests an amount of $39,933 per annum, while Alabama offers a $27,300 per annum salary amount for the job of being a groundsman lineman.
Salaries offered in different cities
A groundsman lineman earns an average of $48,488 per annum. That is $21.31 per hour, and that makes a $4,040 monthly salary cheque for the job. The salary amounts from as high as $103,500 per annum to as low as $22,000 per annum. The salary of a groundsman lineman also depends on the location where they work, as the average salary amount may vary from one city to another.
- Atkinson presents an amount of $61,733 per annum, while San Jose suggests an amount of $59,422 per annum for the job of groundsman lineman. Frankston and Seattle offer $58,750 and $57,424 per annum, respectively.
- Barnstaple Town presents an amount of $57,004 per annum, while Concord suggests $56,551 as a per annum salary for the job. Inverness and Wasilla present $56,536 and $55,956 per annum for the salary amount, respectively, for the job of groundsman/lineman.
- Dimondale presents $55,119 per annum, while Manhattan suggests an amount of $54,630 per annum for the job. One earns the most in the city of Los Angeles, with a salary amount of $65,820 per annum for salary amount.
- Fort Collins presents an annual salary of $89,684 as the annual salary amount for the job, while Midland suggests $73,744 as the annual salary for the same job.
- San Diego presents $98,298 per annum, which equates to $47.26 as an hourly wage, while Raleigh suggests an amount of $75,462, which equates to $36.28 as the hourly wage of a groundsman lineman in the United States.
One cannot be a lineman with no prior experience or apprenticeship in the field. The job itself requires years of training. They work for around eight hours regularly for five days a week as their work shifts. They also have to be on call for shifts and respond to emergencies even though they are outside their town limits in emergencies such as hurricanes or other storms that cause massive power outages in the neighboring cities or states. There are 123,940 linemen in the United States with a per annum salary of $79,060 for the job.
The salary amount widely depends on various factors, which are vital in deciding the salary amount of a job. The factors include educational achievements acquired by an individual, years of experience one has, additional certification, the location where one works, and such are the determining factors in deciding the salary amount received by one.