Throughout the 50 states of the United States, there are a total of 93 federal prosecutors actively present. A prosecutor is referred to as an attorney at the federal level in the United States. Each federal court district in the United States has a US attorney in it. Federal prosecutors have the job of pursuing legal proceedings in opposition to companies, different organizations, and individuals that are accused of committing federal crimes. let us know about that the Salaries For A Federal Prosecutor.
A federal prosecutor in the United States earns an average annual salary of $74,719 in the United States. One could earn the most in the state of San Francisco, which is 51% higher than the average salary in the United States. The salary amount for a federal prosecutor goes from $14,294 to $385,332 per annum. The majority of people earn a salary of around $69,326 per annum. If an individual files for tax with an estimated federal tax of 22%taken out, one could expect to take home an amount of around $62,341 per annum or $2,598 per month.
Factors affecting the salary amount for the job
Salaries presented in different states
Location is among the most vital aspects of the vital factors that are responsible for determining the salary amount for a job. One earns differently for the same job in various states and cities in the United States.
- The average pay for being a federal prosecutor in Florida is around $65,697 per annum. In Maryland, the average salary is around $88,512 per annum, while in Texas it is $75,795 per annum, which is $36.44 per hour.
- The average salary amount present in Alaska is $78,159 per annum, while Hawaii suggests an amount of $78,953 per annum. Georgia offers $64,629 per annum as the average amount of salary for the job of a federal prosecutor.
- In Washington, the average salary amount falls between $66,731 and $112,393 per annum, while the majority of employees earn around $94,522 per annum. Ohio presents an amount of $75,171 per annum, while Massachusetts suggests $101,736 per annum.
- In Arizona, the average salary amount is around $69,594 per annum, while New Jersey presents an amount of $83,115 per annum for the salary amount. The salary amount in Illinois is $79,999 per annum, while in Oregon the average amount is $74,895 per annum.
- In Montana, the average salary amount is $81,480 per year, while, in New York, the average salary amount is $91,835 per year, with the pay salary amount for a federal prosecutor falling between $72,689 and $124,610 per year.
Salary amount determined by experience
Experience is the vital factor that helps in determining the salary amount offered to an individual for the respective job. The more experience one has in the field, the higher the salary amount will be. The General Schedule payscale, also referred to as GS, consists of five prosecutor jobs. Each grade has one going from GS-11 to GS-15.
- The very first step of a GS-11 job is reserved for an entry-level employee who has just earned a law degree and earns an amount of $55,756 per annum. The ones with at least one year of post-law school graduate study or fellowship experience are likely to have a higher pay scale, as they earn approximately $66,829 per annum as their salary amount.
- And the ones with experience of around two to three years earn an amount of around $79,000 per annum. Having prior experience plays a big part in the advancement and increment of salary.
- The salary amount of an employee with four years or more experience is $93,907 to $143,598 per annum as their salary amount.
Salaries salary amount as per grade level
The salary amount of a federal prosecutor is determined by the grade, step, and location at which they are practicing. They hire feral prosecutors under Title 42, the United States Code, which is responsible for governing public health, social welfare, and civil rights. As there are different steps to complete for a federal prosecutor to achieve a certain level of payment as their salary,
- The per annum salary for step 1 is around $56,983, while step 10 earns an amount of $74,074 per annum. Locality pay is also different for federal prosecutors.
- As in Atlanta, they pay an additional 22.16% as locality pay, and in Boston, a prosecutor earns an extra 29.11% in locality pay.
- Once a federal prosecutor reaches the GS-15, he is eligible to receive pay increases once every one to three years by showing exceptional performance and advancing to the next step I grade, where the maximum step is 10.
The average salary amount for prosecutors who work for non-profitable entities is comparatively lower than for those who work for the biggest law firms in the nation. The salary amount for a legal aid prosecutor is around $63,911 per annum, which goes from the lowest of $30,000 per annum to the highest of $138,000 per annum. The salary amount for the in-house prosecutors is around $192,038 to $263,822 per annum for the job. The salary amount offered to the prosecutors and lawyers who have turned to professors is pretty decent too. The average salary amount for the job is around $173,258 per annum, while the salary amount goes from $121,294 to $239,235 per annum.
A federal prosecutor also receives options such as flexible work hours, access to telecommuting salary amendments, having compressed work schedules for one, and arranging part-time schedules for some prosecutors.
For a lawyer to be a federal prosecutor, he must have prior experience or have completed the honors program offered by the Department of Justice. The average salary of federal prosecutors in the United States is around $74,719 per annum. The salary amount varies widely depending on many things that include years of experience, grade level, education, and even the location of one’s work. One state and one city might offer a different pay scale than the other states and cities for the same job of a federal prosecutor.