A crematory is the place for the cremation of the deceased. Modern-day crematoria has a cremator known as a “cavitation chamber. A crematory operator is a person who provides his services to a funeral home or a crematorium. The responsibility of crematory operators is to make sure that the body of the deceased is treated with respect, labeled correctly, and placed into the crematory machine. Let us know ‘Salaries For Crematory Operators’.
Salaries For Crematory Operators
Cremations are rapidly becoming the new normal for the people of this century, and many families choose this type of funeral for the deceased.
The average salary offered for the job
The average salary amount for the job of a crematory operator in the United States is around $28,189 per annum. The average bonus for the job is $439, which equates to 2% of the average salary. Boston presents the highest salary amount for the job of a crematory operator, with an annual salary of 33,570, making it 19% greater than the average in the United States. If an individual files for tax, with an average federal tax of 12% taken out, one could expect to take home an amount of $24,997 per annum, which equates to a monthly salary of $1,042.
Salaries as per various metropolitan areas
The average annual salary amounts, as per the Bureau of Labor Statistics, for the job of a crematory operator in the metropolitan areas of the United States are shown below.
- The Indianapolis-Carmel-Anderson area presents an average annual salary amount of $31,490 for the job, equating to $15.14 per hour.
- The San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward area suggests an annual salary amount of $43,870, equating to $21.09 per hour wage for the job of a crematory operator.
- The Boston-Cambridge-Nashua area presents an average annual salary amount of $61,120, equating to $29.38 per hour for the job.
- The Washington-Arlington-Alexandria area presents an average annual salary of $43,200, equating to $20.77 per hour wage for the job of a crematory operator.
- The Denver-Aurora-Lakewood area suggests an average annual salary amount of $61,120, equating to $29.38 per hour wage for the job of a crematory operator in the United States.
The salaries offered for the job
The national average salaries for a crematory operators is $36,223 in the United States.
- The lowest salary offered to a crematory operator is $26,727, and the highest presented to one is $49,093 per annum in the United States. A crematory operator with an average bonus of $439 makes an average salary of $28,189. The average hourly pay in the US is $16.24 for the job of a crematory operator, which varies from $12.98 to $19.47 per hour.
- Though the salary of a crematory operator varies, the majority of them get a pay range between $30,000 and $37,500, with the highest earner getting an amount of $40,500 per annum across the United States. The pay range varies by the amount of $7,500, which suggests that there may be many opportunities for advancements and increments in the pay range of crematory operators with factors such as skill level, years of experience, and location. One works a
Salaries in different states
Location is among the various factors which affect the determination of the salary range offered for a job. One can expect a higher amount of salary in a larger metropolitan region than in others.
- In California, they present one with an average annual salary amount of around $38,780, equating to $18.64 per hour wage for the job.
- North Carolina presents an average annual salary amount of $35,820, equating to $17.22 per hour for the job of a crematory operator.
- Florida suggests an annual salary amount of $34,320, which equates to $16.50 per hour for the job, while in Indiana, they present one with an average annual salary amount of $33,330.
- In Pennsylvania, they suggest an annual salary amount of $46,250, while in Colorado, they present one with an annual salary amount of $60,670.
- In Washington, they suggest an average annual salary amount of $49,090, whereas in Illinois they present one with an average salary amount of $40,780 per annum for the job of a crematory operator in the United States.
Salaries in different cities
The salary range varies with the city one resides in.
- The average annual salary amount offered by Atkinson is $47,318, and Bridgehampton presents an amount of $40,987 as a salary for crematory operators.
- While Deer Park offers $39,404, the Green River presents a crematory operator’s salary of $38,750.
- Irvine and Johnsonville suggest an annual salary amount of $38,583 and $38,306, respectively, for the job of a crematory operator.
- Tacoma suggests $37,451 as an annual salary amount, whereas Stamford suggests $37,360 per annum for the job.
- Roslyn Estates presents $37,323 per annum as the salary amount and Santa Clara presents crematory operators with the amount of $37,141 as their annual salary amount.
- The average salary paid to a crematory operator in Texas is $28,538 per annum, which equals $13.72 per hour and $2,378 per month.
We can explain cremation as a process that uses intense heat that turns the remains of the deceased person into ashes. The process of cremation happens in an enclosed, specially designed chamber which has the capacity to hold one dead person and let them be exposed to intense heat for a specific period. After the cremation, the remains are collected from the cremator and cooled. It is for the family to choose whether to receive the ashes of their loved ones.
The role and responsibilities of a crematory operator
Crematory operators are held responsible for the operation of crematories and are supposed to take care of and look at the whole procedure themselves. Crematories are supposed to be carefully mentioned and to be maintained to ensure that they operate safely and effectively with the determination of security and common sense. A crematory operator is also responsible for performing administrative tasks, such as arranging for services, answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, and also creating records.
The salary of crematory operators depends and varies on the level of experience they have, their educational background, the size of the crematory facility they are working at, and also the geographical location of the job. The average salary of the majority of crematory operators is $41,700, whereas the highest a crematory operator earns is $84,000, which equals $40.38 per hour. The salaries of crematory operators in the United States go from $17,620 to $38,120. The highest amount of salary presented for the job is around $43,893 per annum. Various factors affect the salary range such as years of experience, location, and employer, etc.