A clinical exercise physiologist is a medically trained specialist who works with individuals who suffer from chronic diseases and associated symptoms where exercise is beneficial. They work independently in a clinical community or healthcare under the supervision of a physician or in the role of an inter-professional team. Let us know more detail about ‘Salaries For Clinical Exercise Physiologist’.
Salaries For Clinical Exercise Physiologist
The average salary for a clinical exercise physiologist is between $49,474 and $63,302. Exercise physiologists in the United States earn an average of $68,911 per year, or $33.13 per hour. The average bonus appears to be $1,075 per year, or 2% of their annual salary, with 100% of people reporting receiving a bonus each year.
Average hourly rates for some skills
- Clinical assessment- $21
- Cardiology- $21
- Patient education- $21
- Health and wellness- $20
Highest paying cities for clinical exercise physiologist
- Houston-$ 19.61 per hour
- Denver-$ 17.74 per hour
- Philadelphia-$ 21.53 per hour
- Columbus- $ 26.35 per hour
- Branford- $ 29.82 per hour
- Dallas-$ 24.48 per hour
- Baltimore- $27.41 per hour
Factors that affect the salary
- Location: Trying to work in a large metropolis usually equates to a higher wage in addition to an increased cost of living. So, where you reside can affect how much profit you end up making as a clinically experienced professional.
- Experience: Salary increases are usually proportional to your level of experience. The more years you work as a clinically experienced professional, the more money you can expect.
Clinical assessment, telemetry, cardiology, customer service, and other factors can all have an impact on salary.
Ranges of some companies that pay for clinical exercise physiologist
- The US Air Force makes $ 36.55 per hour and $ 65,568 per year. The average yearly pay for a clinical exercise physiologist in the U.S. is nearly $65,568, which is 34% higher than the national average.
- The US Department of Veterans Affairs makes $ 33.96 per hour and $ 60,915 per year. The average yearly salary in the US Department of Veterans Affairs in the United States is approximately $60,915, which is 25% more than the national average.
- Wellness Solutions makes $ 35.61 per hour and $ 63,877 per year. The yearly income for a clinical exercise physiologist in the U.S. is nearly $63,877, and that is 31% higher than the national average. Indeed, salary data is derived from 25 datasets of qualified companies from people employed, consumers, and previous and current job ads over the last 36 months.
- Briotix Health makes $ 32.84 per hour and $ 58,910 per year. The average yearly salary for an exercise physiologist is nearly $58,910, and that is 21% more than the national average. Salary data is derived from 39 samples of qualified companies from staff members as well as the current jobs online over the last 36 months.
- CHI makes $ 32.44 per hour and $ 54,750 per year. The annual salary for a CHI exercise physiologist in the U. S. is estimated at $54,750, which is 13% higher than the average national salary.
- Discover Strength makes $ 35.70 per hour and $ 64,036 per year. The annual salary for a clinical exercise physiologist in the U.S. is approximately $64,036, which is 31% more than the national average.
- GLC Group makes $ 35.51 per hour. The hourly wage for a GLC Group Exercise Physiologist in the U.S. is estimated at $35.51, which is 67 percent greater than the average. Indeed salary data is derived from 18 data sets of qualified companies from people employed, consumers, and previous and current job ads over the last 36 months.
Ways to increase the salary
Acquiring advanced degrees may enable this position to increase its potential earnings and be eligible for promotions. Pursuing and improving in-demand skills can put you ahead of the competition for promotions and higher-paying jobs. Conduct tests to determine a client’s level of fitness as well as the chance of developing serious illnesses.
Requesting responses from the supervisor on a regular schedule can assist you in identifying areas where you could improve your performance. You can also consider a career change to a new firm willing to pay more for your skills. This can boost the value of your company and lead to a pay raise in the future.
Clinical exercise physiologists with additional responsibilities, such as teaching group exercise programs or continuing to work with special populations, might well be capable of commanding a higher salary. You can earn more if you are an exercise physiologist who supervises more junior exercise physiologists.
Role of clinical exercise physiologist
Exercise physiologists design, implement, and assess exercise programs for patients. They conduct metabolic and cardiovascular effects of exercise testing for heart and spinal remediation. They also adhere to testing protocols and pick the best testing method for the patient. They employ scientific reasoning to undertake clinical tests, therapy, physical fitness consultation, and health education to guide illness recovery and prevent or manage chronic disease. A clinical exercise physiologist’s salary is determined by a variety of variables, including learning, experience, and work location. Salary increases are usually proportional to your level of experience, so the more years you work as a clinically experienced practitioner, the higher you can expect to be compensated.
Now we have learnt ‘Salaries For Clinical Exercise Physiologist’, Over the next decade, 1,500 clinical physiologists are expected to be hired on an annual basis. Many of those positions are expected to be filled due to the need to replace workers who change occupations or leave the workforce. Employment for exercise physiologists is expected to grow by 13% between 2020 and 2030, faster than the average for all professions.
Frequently asked questions
- Do physiologists get paid well?
In 2020, the average base yearly income was $52,324 per year. A typical salary for a clinical exercise physiologist may range between $36,070 and $78,170 depending on experience.
- What is the highest salary for a clinical exercise physiologist?
Clinical Exercise Physiologists earn between $50,168 and $125,939 on average, with the top 86 percent earning $277,666. The highest hourly wage for a clinical exercise physiologist is nearly $28.11 per hour.
- In Australia, how much money does an exercise physiologist make?
In Australia, the average salary of exercise physiologists is $85,000 per year or $43.59 per hour.