An IT service desk analyst’s role is to serve as a single point of contact (SPOC) between an IT organization and an end user. They handle issues like distribution to assist, establishing usernames and passwords, and problem resolution account issues. They serve a variety of such requests made by customers on the other end. An IT service desk is a proactive and strategic approach. They handle Information system queries and incidents for the company.let us know about that the Salaries For An IT Service Desk Analyst.
In the United States, an IT service desk analyst’s average salary is $50,752 per annum. The salary amount for the job falls between $28,990 and $81,260 per annum. 42% of employees earn $48,620 per annum. If an individual files for tax with an estimated federal tax of 22% taken out, one could expect to take $43,647 per annum home, which equates to a $1,819 per month salary. The salary range varies widely depending on various factors.
The role of an IT service desk analyst
They are in charge of answering inquiry phone calls and evaluating and resolving situations and concerns related to IT equipment and applications. They are the ones who answer inquiries and give services related to many parts of system equipment, operating systems, applications, and even the network. The organization’s information technology department works closely with them. The desk help is expected to give support and service for minor common incidents as well as function as the point of contact for any system-related issues. They ensure that computer networks operate at peak efficiency. They must test and upgrade existing software, as well as keep records of the actions performed to address the concerns. Counseling the user on accurate information and steps to take is one of the tasks that they carry out. They must manage one additional customer service at a time and refer unresolved concerns and issues to higher-ups so that they can be handled more efficiently.
Factors affecting the salary amount for the job of an IT service desk analyst
Salaries presented according to experience
Experience is an important aspect in determining the salary amount for a particular job and a candidate. Having more experience in a particular field makes the salary amount higher than those who have no experience or less experience. One with an entry-level position with experience of less than a year earns around $31,924 per annum, while one with experience of more than 3 years earns around $38,279 per annum for salary amount. $48,154 per annum is the salary amount presented to one who has more than 6 years of experience in the field, while an employee earning $59,391 per annum has 15 years or more of experience in the field.
Salaries presented in different cities
Location is another important factor in determining the salary amount presented for a job. Working in a metropolitan area can lead to receiving a higher salary. Different cities offer different salary ranges for the same job.
- Such as, Boston presents an amount of $68,208 per annum, while Washington DC suggests $57,761 per annum for the salary amount for the job.
- Seattle suggests $55,689 per annum for the salary amount, while Indianapolis presents $43,880 per annum for the salary amount.
- New Orleans and Cincinnati present $44,010 and $43,880 for the annual salary amounts for the jobs in the United States, respectively.
- New York suggests $26.56 per hour for the salary amount, while Washington presents $26.55 per hour. Atlanta presents a $24.10 per hour salary amount, while Austin presents a $23.77 per hour salary amount.
- Houston and Orlando present $23.40 and $22.32 per hour, respectively, for the job, while Oklahoma City suggests $21.99 per hour.
The salary amount presented in different states
- States like New York suggest an annual salary of $73,272, while Maryland suggests $58,539 per annum. Rhode Island currently receives $57,408 per annum for the salary amount, while the District of Columbia suggests $57,212 per annum. Massachusetts and California suggest $57,320 and $57,543 per annum, respectively, for the salary amount.
- Nevada suggests $52,108 per annum, while they present one in Delaware with $56,350 per annum for the salary amount. Alaska and Oregon suggest $54,346 and $54,926 per annum, respectively, for the salary amounts.
- Michigan and Connecticut present $52,313 and $55,483 per annum, respectively, for salaries. Vermont presents $47,595 per annum for the job of an IT service desk assistant, while for the same role, New Jersey presents $51,953 per annum.
- North Dakota pays $48,962 per annum, while Washington suggests $55,621 per annum for the job. Arizona and Virginia suggest $44,702 and $44,900 per annum, respectively, for the job. Minnesota presents $48,760 per annum, while Ohio presents $44,429 per annum.
- Utah and Wisconsin present $42,805 and $46,520 per annum, respectively, for salary amounts for being an IT service desk analyst. Montana and Hawaii present $41,215 and $44,946 per annum respectively for the job, while Indiana suggests a salary amount of $42,402 for the job.
The salary amount presented by different companies
The salary amount for any job varies depending on various aspects, which are the determining factors for the salary amount presented to an employee. Different employers and companies present different salary ranges for the same job.
- Fidelity Investments presents $36.75 per hour, while Northrop Grumman suggests $32.71 per hour, and Liberty Mutual Insurance suggests $31.71 per hour. CACI International presents $26.91 for a per-hour wage, while Chewse presents $26.35 per hour.
- General Dynamics Information Technology suggests an hourly wage of $25.14 per hour. Iron Bow Technologies presents $24.75 per hour, CGI suggests a $23.78 per hour wage, while Tier2Tek presents a $23.72 per hour wage for the job.
- Insource suggests $21.93per hour, while Array presents $22.13 per hour for an hourly wage. Frazer, Ltd. and TeamLogic IT present $23.35 and $22.99 per hour, respectively, for the job. SAIC and Leidos present $23.72 and $23.59 per hour, respectively, for the job of an IT service desk analyst.
The average salary amount for the job is $48,420 per annum, while the salary amount goes between $38,361 and $64,640 per annum. Career advancement and increase in salary amount vary widely depending on one’s educational achievements, additional certification, knowledge, and years of experience one has in the field. With enough experience, one could advance to roles like being a system administrator or network administrator.