Cirque du Soleil is known for its breathtaking and awe-inspiring shows, which feature acrobatics, dance, and circus arts. The performers who bring these shows to life are some of the most talented and skilful artists in the world. As such, one may wonder how much does Cirque du Soleil pay its performers, In this article, we’ll explore the answer to this question and more.
How much does Cirque du Soleil pay performers?
Cirque du Soleil is a large and diversified organization, and payment for the performing artists varies depending on a number of factors, including experience, skills, and job duties. According to recent data from the internet, the average salary for a Cirque du Soleil artist is “around $65,000 – $70,000 per year”. However, this salary can also “vary anywhere from $25,000 to $350,000 or more”, depending on the person’s role.
Factors Affecting Performer Pay at Cirque du Soleil:
There are several factors that can affect how much a performing artist is paid at Cirque du Soleil:
- Skill: Performers who have unique skills, like aerialists or acrobats, are highly sought after and tend to attract higher salaries. These performers can earn anywhere from “$45,000 to $110,000 per year”.
- Role: The role of an artist can also affect their pay. Lead performers or those with prominent roles in a show may earn more than supporting or side performers. For example, a lead artist in a Cirque du Soleil show may earn “approximately around $110,000-$145,000 per year”, while a “supporting performer may earn around $33,000-$55,000”.
- Type of act: The type of act an artist performs will also have an impact on their salary. For example, performers who work with animals, like horse trainers, may earn less than those who perform high-risk acrobatics or aerial stunts.
- Budget: The amount that Cirque du Soleil has allocated for a particular show can also impact the salary of the artist . Naturally, shows with higher budgets may be able to pay performers more than those with smaller budgets.
Salary Levels and Location
According to internet data, for freshers or entry-level performers, the salary ranges from “approximately $25,000 to $45,000 per year”. For mid-level performers, with several years of experience and additional skills, the salary can “range from $56,000 to $110,000 per year. “Highly experienced performers who have been with the company for many years can earn “up to $170,000-$230,000 or more annually”.
The salary levels for Cirque du Soleil performers can also vary depending on the state in which they perform. In general, performing artists in states with higher costs of living, like New York, California, and Nevada, may tend to earn higher salaries than performers in other states. For example, based on internet data, performers in Las Vegas can earn anywhere “from $750 to $1,150 per week”, while performers in New York can earn “around $1,400 – $1,550 per week”.
Additional Benefits or Compensation for Performers at Cirque de Soleil
In addition to their usual salary, performers at Cirque de Soleil may also receive additional payments and other benefits.
- These can include bonuses based on their performance or the success of the show, as well as extra pay for doing particularly challenging or dangerous routines.
- Additionally, performers may receive health insurance and other benefits like retirement plans or paid time off, depending on their contract.
- One major advantage of working as a performing artist at Cirque de Soleil is the chance to travel the world and perform in different countries. The company covers the cost of travel and accommodations for performers, which can be a huge cost for those who work in the entertainment industry.
In conclusion, Cirque du Soleil artists can expect to earn between “$27,000 and $97,000 per year, depending on their experience, role, the show’s budget, and other factors”. While this may be lower than the median annual wage for actors in the United States, it’s important to remember that Cirque du Soleil performers are extremely talented artists who have dedicated years to mastering their craft. Additionally, performers may receive bonuses based on their performance or the success of the show.
Overall, while Cirque du Soleil performing artists’ pay may not be the highest in the industry, the chance to travel the world and perform in front of audiences in different countries can be a valuable experience both professionally and personally.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do Cirque du Soleil performers get paid more if they are famous?
Not necessarily. While famous performers may be able to negotiate higher salaries, the amount that an artist is paid is typically based on their experience, role, and the show’s budget.
- How long do Cirque du Soleil performing artists typically work for the company?
The length of time that a performing artist works for Cirque du Soleil can vary widely depending on their personal factors. Some performers may work for the company for several years, while others may only work on a single show.
- Do Cirque de Soleil performers receive any extra perks or benefits?
Yes, Cirque de Soleil performers receive a range of benefits such as health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. They may also receive discounts on travel and entertainment.