James Avery Artisan Jewelry is a privately owned jewelry company that mainly designs, sells, and manufactures Christian-themed jewelry. Started in 1954 by James Avery who first set up the business in Kerrville, Texas which later became the headquarters of the company. As of 2021, it served in 270 locations out of which 50 are its own stores. The company also has five manufacturing plants in Hondo, Fredericksburg, Kerrville, and other two in Texas. The James Avery collection, to this date, has 1,100 designs and 14,000 pieces of silver, yellow gold, particularly 14-18 karat, white gold, and gemstones. ‘Does James Avery Pay Weekly?’ Is this your question. Find the answer and know more about James.
The answer is no, James Avery does not pay weekly. Read below to find more about their payment structure (bi-weekly’s).
How does James Avery pay?
With an excellent work environment to work at, James Avery has the unique pay structure of paying salaries every two weeks. Most of the employees at James Avery are part-time or seasonal workers and they get their pay bi-weekly.
The highest-paying position at James Avery is of Sales Manager Team Leader which gets an approximate payment of $63,649 per year. While the least-paying position at James Avery is of Sales Associate which is $30,920 per year.
The minimum age set up by James Avery is 16 years, however, some full=-time positions most likely have age limits set up to 18 years or above.
As the busy season comes around; Christmas, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, or any other special day James Avery is in high demand of the workers, and even the shift hours at the store’s increase.
Working at James Avery
James Avery offers various job opportunities for both part-time and full-time job positions. It is one of the most sought-after opportunities due to its amazing benefits and great work culture. The company also provides accommodation to any employee with a disability.
Some of the job positions at James Avery are:
Sales Team Leader
- The Sales Team Leader has the responsibility to welcome the customers inside the store; assisting them in their purchase of merchandise, solving their queries, updating supervisors on products, customers, and other issues.
- Other responsibilities include monitoring and approving returns of the merchandise in compliance with the company’s return policies, performing as a leader, monitoring the store’s open and closing timings, and operating service equipment generally in the Product Care Area.
- The Requirements for a Sales Team Leader are a High school degree or equivalence, a minimum of 1-year experience in customer service or retail, any previous supervisory experience, and no criminal background.
- The Administrative Leader has the responsibility of processing merchandise orders, performs other administrative processes in programs like Oracle, Inquiry Screen Open Orders, Store Pick up Acknowledgement form, and other such programs.
- Making excel reports, assisting customers with transactions, file inventory, preparing shipments, maintaining accurate inventory, and resolving any such issues related to inventory, clerical duties including typing or faxing, assists store managers in implementing staff plan and weekly shifts schedule.
- The basic requirements for this position are HS Diploma or equivalent, minimum of 1 year of experience in customer service or retail, supervisory experience, basic computer skills, previous experience as a trainer, knowledge of safety policies when working with pieces of jewelry, and no criminal background.
Assistant Store Manager
- An Assistant Store Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the daily operations of a store and in assisting the Store Manager. The main duties of an Assistant Store Manager include approving supply expenditures, recruiting new hires, scheduling the employees’ shifts, training the staff on safety policies of the company, ensuring staff’s compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Other duties of an Assistant Manager are monitoring the policy violations, developing plans for the company’s promotions and events, management of inventory processes, processing employee merchandise purchases and directly addressing customer’s service.
- The basic requirements for the position of an Assistant Store Manager are a college degree in the related field, 2 years of minimum experience in retail, and no criminal background.
- A Manufacturing Technician does the basic functioning of manufacturing and assembling of the jewelry items. This person is required to have manufacturing skills which include; Injection, Polish, Mechanical finish and repairing, makeup, and assembly of the jewelry items.
Benefits of Working at James Avery
James Avery offer their full-time associates several benefits which include,
- Medical. Dental and Vision Benefits Plan
- Paid time off
- Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Parental leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Scholarship Programs
- Retirement Plans
- Bereavement Pay
- Profit-Sharing Bonus programs
- The 24-hour associate assistance program
- Training opportunities
- Discount on merchandise
- Service Awards
To conclude, James Avery offers a lot more job opportunities for job seekers around the States. The pay structure is quite satisfying according to the previous employees and they pay their employees in two weeks. The Salaries and Work Environment at James Avery is one of the best as compared to other jewelry stores and is a constant sought after among the job seekers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques 1. What is the pay structure at James Avery?
Ans 1. James Avery pays bi-weekly to their employees according to their payment policies.
Ques 2. How many working hours I am expected to do in a shift at James Avery?
Ans 2. Working Hours at James Avery depend on the store location and the time of the year i.e. seasonal months of the year are busy and thus an employee is expected to work overtime. At busier locations employees can get a schedule of 20 plus hours a week.
The stores having more sales get more payroll hours and at slower sales stores, an employee is expected to do 8 hours a week.
Ques 3. What is the dress code of James Avery employees?
Ans 3. James Avery employees are expected to wear business casuals only.
Ques 4. What is the minimum age requirement to work at James Avery?
Ans 4. The minimum age requirement set up by the employer is 16 years of age. However, it is advised to check the requirements of a job position before applying as there are positions that require 18 years of age or above.