Proctor and Gamble, popularly known as P&G, is the world’s leading consumer goods supplier corporation. It is an American-based company, having headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. It deals with a wide range of consumer products like beauty care products, home care products, health care products, childcare products, etc. It sells products from over 65 brands. It has grown over 180 years and strives to make the lives of the people simpler every day. Let’s know about P&G Mission and Vision Statement.
Like any other big organization, P&G also has set its vision, mission, and values statements. The vision of the organization represents its future target of the business. The mission specifies the approach to fulfill the vision of the organization. The values represent the behavior, work, and ethics of the organization that can make a positive contribution to society.
Impact of Mission, Vision, Values
The mission, vision, and values statements together aid the growth and development of the organization. These statements enable the organization to create value among the clients and customers. These statements enable the organization to provide superior quality products. These statements enable them to follow business ethics and provide branded products to present customers and future generations. The unique mission, vision, and core values enable the organization to move ahead of other companies and create shared value for business partners, clients, customers, and society.
The mission, vision, and core values are discussed in this article, that enables the organization to become a global leader in the retail industry and allow all shareholders, stakeholders, and communities to prosper.
Proctor and Gamble’s mission statement is “We will provide branded products and services of superior quality and value that improve the lives of the world’s consumers, now and for generations to come. As a result, consumers will reward us with leadership sales, profit, and value creation, allowing our people, our shareholders, and the communities in which we live and work to prosper.”
The mission statement has a detailed strategic direction that influences Proctor and Gamble’s organization. The statement emphasizes the product quality that the organization aims to maintain, i.e., the superior quality of the products which it sells. This statement also ensures benefits to the organization, its clients, and its customers.
The mission statement explains the following characteristics of the organization-
- Provide the customers with branded products.
- Provide the products having superior quality.
- Improve the present customers’ lives and of future generations, with their products.
- Enable leadership sales and create shared value.
- Enable the business partners to share the profits.
- Enable the people and all the communities, with which the organization works, to prosper.
To provide products with superior quality, P&G invests in R&D to innovate new quality materials. P&G ensures the to improve quality of products by developing strategic objectives. P&G strives to improves customers’ lives by developing and selling goods that can address the problems and concerns of customers. The mission statement helps the organization to improve its business performance. This statement also enables associated shareholders and communities to become financially strong.
Proctor and Gamble’s vision statement is “Be, and be recognized as, the best consumer products and services company in the world.”
The vision statement represents that the organization aims to become a global leader and maintain its position as a global leader. This statement focuses on the leadership responsibility of the organization. This statement tells how P&G strives to move ahead in the competition with high ambition.
The vision statement explains the following characteristics of the organization-
- To be known as the best consumer products and services company by everyone.
- To become a global leader and inspire others.
- To reach people all over the globe and handle market operations effectively.
The vision statement highlights the abilities of the organization. The statement defines the potential of the organization to make a constructive difference. The statement defines how well the organization strives to maintain its quality standards. The statement represents the global expansion approach of the organization. The statement defines the steps the organization takes to manage to be a recognizable brand.
The core values of Proctor and Gamble include Integrity, Leadership, Ownership, Passion for Winning, and Trust.
Core Values Analysis
The core values of the organization enable it to serve its purpose to be unique in improving the lives of the customers and the people of the communities it works with. The values of P&G represent as follows-
- Integrity- The organization believes in doing the right thing. It aims to be straightforward and honest with others. It operates according to rules and regulations set by the law. It upholds the values at any cost. It carefully investigates the possible risks and takes decisions accordingly. It advocates deals and proposals with utmost care and strives to make the proposals beneficial for the organization and partners.
- Leadership- P&G is committed to its leadership goals. It understands its responsibilities clearly and encourages its associates to deliver fine results. It has a clear vision of its journey and destiny. It focuses on leadership strategies. It highlights the resources of leadership opportunities and works on them. It strives to eliminate the barriers to its business and leadership objectives.
- Ownership- P&G always strives to meet the business needs and make its work productive. It encourages all its associates to act as owners to ensure the success of the organization.
- Passion for winning- P&G always desires to win the market. It believes in doing its best.
- Trust- P&G strives to gain the people’s trust. It respects the views of others and does not undermine the capabilities of others.
The mission, vision, and core values of Proctor and Gamble are crucial elements that trigger the growth and development of the organization. These statements ensure the value for money for the customers and clients. These statements help the organization to maintain itself at a good place in the market consistently.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is included in P&G stakeholders?
Answer. Customers, employees, and business partners.
- What is the purpose of P&G?
Answer. P&G’s purpose is to improve the lives of the customers in a meaningful way and inspire the P&G associates to make an impactful contribution to society.