In a layman’s understanding, easy jobs are the ones that demand less physical, intellectual, or emotional effort; provide a wider scope for work-life balance or integration, and induce minimal or no stress while working. While the world is moving towards providing more and more ease and convenience to consumers, there are people who always look for jobs that are easier to do from the service provider’s perspective. The United States of America is a powerful and highly developed country, it has ample opportunities for people who wish to work in jobs that are relatively easier and pay well.
Top Easy Jobs that Pay Well
From freelancing to clerical work, a few kinds of positions can provide you with a comfortable salary and lifestyle. Whether you’re trying to make ends meet or supplement your income, there are a number of jobs that fit this criterion. From house sitting to dog walking to becoming a park ranger, these jobs offer great salaries for relatively easy work. Let us understand more about such jobs in this article.
The Easy Jobs
Let us look at the conventional and common yet easier-on-the-responsibility side jobs that fetch good money:
- Web Developer: These professionals are responsible for constructing websites from scratch and ensuring the website is functioning properly. They also help troubleshoot any kind of glitches that may occur. On an average, web developers can earn around $68,000 per year.
- Data Analyst: People working in the field ought to inspect large data sets and interpret the results to make informed decisions. They must be properly qualified for various software programs operating and have excellent problem-solving skills. The median salary for data analysts is $65,000 per year.
- Financial Analyst: Financial Analysts are responsible for providing financial advice to different entities. They must be knowledgeable in different finance-related subjects such as economics, statistics, and accounting. The median salary for financial analysts is over $116,000 per year.
- Software Developer: Software Developers are responsible for creating and maintaining software applications. Such professionals should acquire expertise in programming languages. Going by median salary, such developers earn more than $73,000 per year.
- Graphic Designer: Graphic Designers are required to make visually appealing designs for websites, advertisements, and other media. A good understanding of color, composition, and typography is a must for such professionals. Graphic designers can earn around $45,000 per year.
- Data Entry Clerk: Individuals working in this profession need to enter a variety of data into computer systems. This could include information such as customer orders, inventory records, and other data. Data entry clerks may perform other tasks as well, such as filing and customer service. The average wage for data entry professionals in the US is $14.73 per hour.
- Customer Service Representative: These representatives offer customer service over the phone, by email, or in person. This comprises attending to questions, resolving complaints, and giving information about products or services. Customer service representatives must be patient and have excellent communication skills. These individuals can earn an hourly wage of $15.86 on an average in the US.
- Accountant: Accountants typically look after financial records and transactions. They may also provide advice and make financial recommendations. The average salary for an accountant in the US is $67,190 per year.
- Computer Programmer: Computer programmers write code and troubleshoot computer software and hardware. They typically design software, write code, and test programs. On an average, computer programmers can earn $84,280 per year in the US.
- Database Administrator: Database administrators manage, maintain, and develop databases. They often use SQL or other programming languages to create and manage databases. Database administrators can earn as much as $93,750 per year in the US.
- Software Engineer: Software engineering is about designing, developing, and maintaining software products. They typically write code, test programs, and develop software. The salary for a software engineer in the US can be as high as $107,840 per year.
- Network Engineer: Network engineers design, develop, and maintain computer networks. They may also monitor and troubleshoot networks. The average salary for a network engineer can be $115,270 per year in America.
- Medical Transcriptionist: Medical transcriptionists transcribe medical dictations, scan documents, and enter patient data into databases. A medical transcriptionist in the US can earn $34,970 per year on an average.
- Administrative Assistant: Administrative assistants provide administrative support to organizations and businesses. For an administrative assistant in the US, the average salary is $39,850 per year.
- Home Health Aide: Home health aides assist elderly, disabled, and ill individuals in the comfort of their own homes. This could include helping with daily activities such as getting dressed, bathing, and keeping track of medications. Home health aides also provide companionship and emotional support. Home health aides in the US can earn a wage rate of $14.25 per hour.
- Delivery Driver: Delivery drivers are responsible for transporting items from one location to another. This could include food, packages, or other goods. Delivery drivers must obey traffic laws and be courteous when interacting with customers. Delivery drivers in the US can earn a wage rate of $14.79 per hour on an average.
What makes these jobs unique is that they all offer excellent salaries and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. Additionally, they are all relatively easy to do and require few qualifications. The duties associated with these jobs vary based on the individual job, but all require a certain level of creativity and technical skills.
In addition to the jobs mentioned above, there are certain jobs that are more unique and interesting in nature and pay well at the same time:
- Freelancing is an easy, creative, rapid-growing and in-demand way to make money in the US. It involves working with independent clients on a project-by-project basis. Freelancers typically charge by the hour, and the amount of income you earn is based on the number of projects you take on.
- Technology has become and is constantly becoming an integral part of our lives around the globe; with such advancement, online tutoring is a good option to earn money. Tutors typically work remotely, using video chat or other programs to teach students. They work with a variety of students, covering every topic that is taught in schools. Tutors can command high rates, depending on the subject they specialize in.
- Copywriting is another job that can be done remotely. It involves writing content for websites, advertising campaigns, social media posts, and other types of projects. Copywriters often command higher rates than data entry workers, since the work requires more skill.
- Virtual assistants work remotely, taking on tasks like answering emails, scheduling meetings, and managing projects. They can be hired by companies or individuals, and their income is based on the number of tasks they take on.
- Social Media Managers are in demand for managing a company’s social media handles. They need to have expertise in different social media platforms and must have an understanding of marketing strategies. Going by a median, the salary for social media managers can be over $50,000 per year.
- House Sitters can make up to $50 per hour, depending on their location and the duties they’re performing. A house sitter is responsible for looking after someone’s home while they’re away, which usually includes taking care of their pets and plants. One needs to be alert to any suspicious activity or emergencies that may arise.
- Dog Walkers are another great option for those looking for an easy job that pays well. This job requires you to walk someone’s dog for a set period of time each day. You’ll typically make between $10-$20 an hour for this job.
- Toll Booth Attendants are required to collect tolls from drivers who use the roads and bridges. This job is relatively easy and pays an average of $19.90 an hour. It’s an ideal job for someone who doesn’t mind being in the same location for long periods of time.
- Massage Therapists can make up to $60 an hour, depending on their skills and the type of massage they offer. This job requires knowledge of anatomy and physiology, as well as the ability to provide a relaxing atmosphere for clients.
- Librarians are responsible for organizing, cataloging, and maintaining library materials. They also provide assistance to patrons and help run programs and events. The average salary for this job is $21.68 an hour.
- Tour Guides show tourists around a city, museum, or other attractions. They provide historical and cultural information to visitors and help them navigate their way around. The average salary in this profession can be around $20.24 an hour.
- Park Rangers are required for the protection and preservation of natural areas and wildlife. They may also be responsible for leading tours and conducting research. The average salary for a Park Ranger is $19.86 an hour.
- Voice Actors provide the voices for television shows, radio programs, video games, commercials, and more. In this job, artists are supposed to have a great deal of creativity and skill. Voice actors typically make between $20 and $250 per hour, depending on the project.
In conclusion, there is a wide array of opportunities in today’s world. This is not an exhaustive list of the easy jobs that pay well in the US; as the world is changing at a fast pace, there are many such professions that take a huge turn every now and then. If you’re an individual looking for an easy job for an additional income or making a career, you’ll find great options out there.