What started as a local shipping supply distributor in 1980 grew to become one of North America’s leading distributors of shipping and supplier of industrial requirements. With around twelve distribution centers in the US, Uline promises to offer its customers faster deliveries at low shipping charges. Let us know more about “How to Get a Job at Uline?”.
The privately-owned American Company is expanding itself from time to time, creating a constant need for employees. Read this article to get complete information on Uline’s hiring process if you are interested in getting associated with the company.
How to Get a Job at Uline?
Uline is always on the lookout for lively and energetic individuals from different backgrounds to work in various departments of their company. Candidates interested in working at Uline can look at the company’s career opportunities and apply as per the available openings.
Uline follows a conservative hiring process. The duration of the hiring process will vary depending on the location and the manager working there. Ideally, a talented and experienced candidate can expect an interview call within a week. The complete hiring process takes about two weeks or sometimes even more. On average, it takes about a month for a candidate to get hired. Let us take a detailed look at the hiring process.
- Unlike other companies, the application process at Uline is entirely online. Interested candidates can check the available openings on their official website and apply online.
- The job application form is readily available on the company’s website, which takes about 45 minutes to complete.
- After turning in the application, potential candidates receive a call for the interview on the same day or the same week.
- Uline conducts three interviews, each one lasting for thirty minutes or an hour. The difficulty level of the interview is reported to be medium.
- Individuals who clear the first interview will make it to the following interview and so on. Candidates who fail to make it through the next step will be notified one week after the interview.
- The interview process tests the candidates’ personality, reasoning, and writing skills.
- Clearing all the interviews doesn’t guarantee the candidates’ job. They should clear the background check and drug tests to receive an offer letter from Uline.
How to Dress up For The Interview?
Candidates who apply for a job at Uline will go through a rigorous hiring process. As the company follows a very strict hiring process, everything the candidates do will increase or decrease their chances of getting the job. This leaves little or no room for candidates to experiment with their interview attire. So, here are some details for the candidates on how to dress up for the interview.
- The candidates should attend the interview in business casuals.
- There shouldn’t be any tattoos visible.
- Men shouldn’t have any piercings, and women shouldn’t have any additional piercings except one set of earrings.
- Female candidates can wear a skirt with a tucked-in blouse, or a neat-professional dress or a business suit with a blouse tucked in.
- Male candidates can wear a long-sleeved buttoned-up shirt with a tie paired with slacks or a nice business suit.
- It is advisable to wear neutral colors for the interview, paired with close-toed shoes.
Career Opportunities at Uline
Uline offers a wide variety of opportunities for candidates who like to work with them. The employees from different departments work together as a team for the company’s success. Here’sHere’s a list of career opportunities offered by Uline.
- Sales Department– Employees working in the sales department directly deal with the customers to ensure that their requirements are met. Their sole duty is to provide support and build healthy partnerships with the company’s customers to ensure complete satisfaction. Work in this department includes- Account Management, Inside Sales, Sales Operations, Sales Training.
- Warehouse– Employees working in the Warehouse department are responsible for managing all aspects of shipping, receiving, returning, restock and transfer of the Company’sCompany’s products across the locations in North America. Work in the warehouse department includes- General Warehouse, Inventory Control, Velocity Management.
- Customer Service- The Customer Service team is responsible for assisting customers in getting to their needs. Employees working in the department place orders and handle customer queries all day. The employees in the Customer Service department work as representatives, in the leadership team, or the management.
- Technology- Technology is the backbone of the company’s business. Employees in the technology department work towards maintaining the systems and communication networks to support business objectives.
- Circulation– Employees of this department analyze the customers to plan and execute advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Creative- The creative team works on all marketing materials to ensure that the brand’s name is maintained and conveyed to the customers. Employees in this department work on content management, photography, product marketing, web designing, etc.
- Finance- Employees part of the finance team are responsible for the financial and accounting aspects of the company. This includes working on budgeting, financial reporting, customer credit analysis, and collection, etc.
- Facilities- The Facilities Team employees work in maintaining the 12.3 million square feet of the property. The work areas include security, cafe, fitness centers, reception, and mailroom.
- Internet- The Internet team ensures the smooth functioning of the eCommerce websites and works towards enhancing the customer website experience.
- Merchandising- Employees of the Merchandising team are responsible for all aspects of Uline’s products. They collaborate with the creative, purchasing, and operations team whenever necessary.
- Human Resource- Employees of this department are responsible for hiring, training, and development of new hires. In addition to this, they also manage employee benefits, process the payroll, and maintain employee relations.
- Operations- The operations department is responsible for managing supply chain logistics, transportation, conducting business analysis, and handling internal audits.
- Purchasing- The purchasing team conducts a daily cycle count to ensure that there aren’t any backorders at any of Uline’s distribution centers. They also work in maintaining vendor relations and investigating any inventory discrepancies.
The complete hiring process at Uline, from filling the application until receiving an offer letter, takes about a month. Interested candidates can check for the available openings and apply online on Uline’s website. After applying, candidates have to clear several assessments, background and drug tests to receive an offer letter from the company.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum hiring age at Uline?
To be a part of Uline’s corporate family, the candidate should fulfill the minimum age requirement of 18 years.
Does Uline do a drug test?
Once a candidate makes it through the hiring process, Uline conducts a pre-hire drug test. Only the candidates who clear the test will be hired. Uline takes a hair follicle test.
Random drug tests are typical at Uline. Even after getting hired, employees are tested randomly every month. While accepting the offer letter, candidates should sign a waiver to be tested randomly every month to stay employed.
How flexible are the working hours at Uline?
Uline has the typical office hours of 8 AM to 5 PM, with a one-hour lunch break in the middle. Employees have to work for 45 hours a week, with zero flexibility in working hours. Employees who work more and perform better will most likely receive flexibility as they progress forward.
What is a typical workday at Uline?
Uline is an excellent and fun place to work at. A typical workday will usually be busy from the beginning of the shift until the end. After checking in for the work, employees should start pulling orders while ensuring the cleanliness of the work area. Most of the time, the working shift will go by so fast that workers won’t realize that it’s time to go home.
Does Uline pay weekly?
Uline pays all of its employees biweekly. Paychecks are processed after every two weeks on Fridays