Orkin is one of the biggest pest control companies in the US. According to a survey, Orkin is considered one of the best startups and experience-gaining companies. Orkin provides residential and commercial pest control services. Let us know about ‘How To Get A Job At Orkin?’.
How To Get A Job At Orkin?
Being a pest control company there are distinct job opportunities despite pest control such as vacancies for Field Service technicians, Termite control technicians, and so on.
For newcomers or people with no experience and being one of the biggest pest companies Orkin has a simple 4-step hiring process. However, it is not easy to prepare for the interviews as it takes researching factors and topics for getting a job at Orkin.
To know more about these factors and topics and understand in depth the hiring process read this article.
Documents and Hiring Process
To get a job at Orkin you need to submit several documents there and go through a simple hiring process. To get a job at Orkin required documents are as follows:
- Letter of Recommendation (optional).
- Valid Driver’s license
- Should have a high school degree or higher education diploma
- Drug test report
- Physical fitness report (optional)
Hiring process of Orkin
These are the documents that are needed to get a job at Orkin, however, they do not come during or after the interview. The hiring process of Orkin is as follows:
- Application: In this phase, the only thing you do is fill out the application available on the website and submit it with your resume in person or via email and wait for a reply.
- Email or call back: This is the second and most important phase if your application is selected then you are contacted by the store manager or office management via call or email and asked to schedule an in-person interview at the local branch.
- Background Check: After an interview, the hard part is over and just one step remains and that is a background check. Usually in background checks company checks if you are or were into substance abuse as you will be working with several substances.
- A background check also consists of theft, criminal background, and so on and this takes a week or two.
- Interview: The most important phase is the interview, after getting a call-back and scheduling an interview. It is time to prepare for the interview and get ready with the documents mentioned above. To help below are some questions asked in an interview
- What is your past job experience?
- Do you see working here long-term?
- Why do you want to join Orkin?
- Why do you want to become a *position applied*?
- Are you Claustrophobic (fear of small, enclosed spaces)?
How to prepare for a job interview?
When hiring new employees or interns, a well-known company has a simple yet extensive interview process. In-call or phone interviews are the quickest way to determine if the employee is right for the vacancy and technically sound.
As previously stated, HR conducts the initial in-person interviews, which serve as an elimination round. As a result, rather than jumping right in, it is expected to request preparation time. Phone interviews may not seem like much, but they are just as intense as a walk-in or in-office interviews; some of the topics or factors that need to be covered before going for interviews are –
- Lack of knowledge of the company and the position applied for
- Dropped calls.
- Confidence while speaking
- Background noise and so on,
These are the factors showing the unpreparedness and sincerity of an employee even before the interview started and can add to your chances to get eliminated.
Preparing for the interview can be quite stressful and to overcome the journey of clearing all the interviews to receive an offer letter, there are always some factors that need to be covered before clearing interviews such as including
In-depth knowledge of the company
It is important to know all there is to know about your company including factors like – aim, value, workplace culture, and so on. To increase knowledge, it is always a good idea to start with company websites, and social media including – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and so on. Noticing minor details about the company can also help in an interview as it shows attention to detail and in-depth knowledge.
Information such as – company funding, investments, achievements, and even a recent crisis that made the news can easily give you the brief of all you need to know about the company.
To just simply preparing for the interview does not help, you need to be punctual and make sure that the meeting time is convenient for both you and the interviewer.
And another important thing to keep in mind is that you need to inform the interviewer or the person in charge in advance if you want to reschedule the meeting due to any reason. This helps show your sincerity and avoid any unwanted awkwardness.
Reviewing Job Description
Another necessary factor is to keep reviewing the job description as the description helps you have a better understanding of the role you are applying for and what the company is looking forward to in an employee.
And according to the company preferences, you can have a better understanding of skills which can help you in focusing on a particular set of skills according to the job.
For example – if the skills required by the company match your strength, then you can use them as an emphasis in an interview, like – if the description requires, “the ability to lead a team of 10+ and work under pressure.” Then you can choose a past working experience to prove your skill level and suitability for the job.
Double Checking tools and Environment
Before doing an in-call interview it is important to check that all your devices including – mobiles, laptops, and earphones (Bluetooth) are fully charged and working well. As it does not leave a good impression on the interviewer if problems are popping up.
Not only do tools make sure to sit in a closed or silent environment before starting the interview to avoid any unnecessary noise and for this, but it is also better to use earphones or headphones.
Be sure to provide alternative contact information to the interviewer so that they can reach you at a convenient time, also be sure to be in a place with the full network, and internet access to avoid network trouble.
Be confident and be sure to know the answers
As mentioned earlier, be sure to know the answer to all the common and most asked questions by working for the applied position. Preparations and information will only help if you are confident and able to answer the questions efficiently as evaluating the answer is the major factor in interviews.
Be confident in your knowledge and research and try to be cool-headed as it will help you understand the questions better and make answering the questions easier and more effective.
Benefits of working at Orkin
Working at a pest company may not look like much but Orkin provides nice job benefits and a nice working experience for beginners as well for employees with experience. Working Benefits by Orkin are as follows: –
- Orkin provides its vehicles and gas cards.
- Paid vacations and leaves.
- (401) K plan
- Employee discounts for educational purposes, and so on.
- Orkin also provides an iPhone or iPad and MS and other software subscriptions.
- Insurance covering- Life insurance, Health insurance including
- Dental Insurances
- Accidental and Dismemberment
- Mental Health Insurance.
Read the terms and services to know more about employees’ discounts, Financial Security, and other benefits. Terms & Services are applied to all kinds of benefits.
In conclusion, unlike several other pest control companies, the process for applying at the company is not complicated and is rather a 4-step process.
And for getting a job at Orkin it is important to know how to prepare for the interview along with in-depth knowledge of the hiring process and interview questions as mentioned in the article. Further, in the article types of job descriptions, required skills, salary, and distinct other factors that can increase the chances of getting a job at Orkin are covered.