Loomis is an independent cash handling company that gives decent opportunities for employees and provides the best benefits program in the industry under fair management. Wells Fargo Armored Service and Loomis Armored Inc were consolidated and the modern company was formed in 1997. They have 400 branch offices and employ about 23,000 co-workers. The headquarters are situated in Berks county, PA. Know more about How To Get A Job At Loomis?
Satellite offices are established by the industry in Florida and New York. With sufficient technological advancement, they serve their clients worldwide.
Reliable and hardworking people are more preferred in the industry. Applicants with a solid background and the right skills (such as being efficient at team working, confident, smart, and contributing to the benefit of the organization) are often hired by Loomis. The individual has to pass the interview and the background checks in order to qualify as an employee. Other details are given below. The standard office hours are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Hiring Process at Loomis
- The individual needs to apply online on the Loomis website or indeed.com. Loomis recruits people on a regular basis and large numbers of employees are recruited from various parts of the nation.
- The process of hiring takes almost a month and varies accordingly. They put a lot of effort into choosing applicants and they handle the recruitment process locally in each country. There are the following methods included in this :
There is a lie detector test, back check, physical assessment test (to check the fitness of the person) and a drug screen test.
- An informative interview is conducted for individuals. Basic questions are asked to the applicants and a congenial atmosphere is provided where people can interact freely. Most of the employees say that they have a positive experience in their interviews.
- The individual needs to pass an extensive background check. The background check is done in order to confirm the decision of the hiring process. The background check includes credit check, educational qualifications, criminal check, employment verification, driver’s history,identity verification, credit history, motor vehicle reports, social security number trace, and many more as such.
Let us dive into some of the details:
- Criminal checks include offenses that are reported against the person in the following areas such as dismissed charges, currently pending charges, acquitted charges, felony convictions, etc.
- A credit report includes past credits of the employees, retailers’ identification, and previous bankruptcies.
A considerable amount of time and money is invested in the hiring process. The highest caliber services are provided using extensive database facilities and network coverage. Additional information is often required about the employees depending upon their job and a detailed report is enquired about the same during the interview or later while conducting the background check. The industry always takes an informed decision and does not allow any corruption or disruption in the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Eligible applicants who can meet the required ends for Loomis get a chance for employment in the industry irrespective of their caste, creed, gender, sex, religion, disability, national origin, etc. Employees are never discriminated against on the basis of the aforementioned grounds and fair treatment is completely ensured. All individual differences among the staff members or employees are valued and opportunities for recruitment, promotion, or training are conducted fairly according to their skills and abilities. It is a drug-free workplace. The company continues to grow and its overall improvement over time is quite commendable.
Some positions open for employees are:
Cash management Services, Sales, Finance and Accounting, Armed Service Technician (Driver / Guard) , Human Resources, Fleet Maintenance, Risk Management, Operations, Communicable disease Assistant, Assistant Director of Public Works, Warehouse Package Handler, Health and Human Services Assistant, Accounting Assistant, Intelligence Operations Specialist, Library Assistant, Utility Customer Service Representative, Associate Recruitment Team Member, HR data team member, Coin – coin teller, etc.
Key Benefit Programmes
The key benefit programs provided by the industry are:
- Health insurance plans (including vision and dental),
- Dependent care account,
- Employee assistance plan,
- Short-term and Long term disability plan,
- Basic life insurance plan,
- Flexible spending account,
- Voluntary life insurance plan,
- 401(k) plan, etc.
They provide self-funded benefits programs analyzing the benefit of the potential savings made by the employees. Broker commission is included along with high deductible options. The customer service is easily available to all the employees and the management structure is very well constituted.
How much does an employee at Loomis make?
According to PayScale, the average starting pay for an employee is $15.09 per hour. It generally varies from an average of $11.85 to $19.98 an hour. Service Technician and Diesel Mechanics make the most with an average hourly rate of $14.25 and $29.01 per hour respectively. Armored Car Guard and Driver earn $15.47 on an average hourly rate. Teller and Courier are paid the least with an average hourly rate of $12.In United States, the average salary of an Armored Driver or Guard is $33,492 per year which is 5% higher according to PayScale than the average salary for the same job in other parts of the world.
Loomis is a diverse company with a wide national network for service over different parts of the country (US), giving people pretty good opportunities. They value the uniqueness of each and every employee and ensure equity and inclusion of diversity. Armored Service Technicians seem to be the most satisfied employees since they are giving an average rating of 3.3 to 4 to Loomis.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When are we expected to be contacted by HR once the background check is done?
Ans : It can take from about a couple of days to a couple of weeks ( varies according to applicants).
- How long does the process take?
Ans : It can take almost 30 days or even more.
- Does Loomis pay for working overtime?
Ans: It pays overtime only if you work on Sundays and holidays.
- Are working hours flexible in Loomis?
Ans :For the post of a manager it is flexible.