In today’s time finding a job can be challenging but finding a job that you love is more challenging. Seasonal jobs provide you a way to follow your passion and gradually turn it into a promising career.
Seasonal jobs imply working opportunities that have a definite duration of months and not what literally the word “seasonal” implies. They appear in the market for specific times of the year based on the company requirements.
Who should apply for seasonal jobs?
Individuals seeking to earn some extra money for fulfilling their needs and fresher who are looking to kick start their career prefer to go for seasonal jobs before taking a full-fledged job. These jobs provide you a good sense of knowledge about your domain and helps building your career. Also professionals looking to explore new career options should consider taking up these sort of jobs so that they get idea of the work culture in the new domain. Seasonal jobs are certainly one of the most promising ways to begin your career.
What are the Plus points and Negative points of Seasonal jobs?
- Good for getting an overview of the job: It provides a clear picture of what a professional job would look like when you work within an organization. It teaches you to deal with the difficulties that comes with a professional commitment and overcome them successfully with proper guidance.
- Working as per our convenience: One of the greatest perks is working at your own time. Though there are time lines within which the work must be done. However, if you do it regular at your own pace and understanding you still would be able to complete the task within the given deadline.
- Add weight age in our résumé: Staring with a seasonal job gives you an edge above other applicants who is a fresher and has zero experience. It makes you confident to be able to survive at a workplace.
- Professional experience of working in an organization: You are likely to be considered by companies over fresher candidates as companies will not be needing to invest as much resources as fresher, to provide proper on job training to you. Helps in getting a full time job.
- The salary given is comparatively less: The salary provided in these jobs is less as compared to the full time employees.
- The completion of tasks is time bound: There will be a specific time constrain to complete the assigned task and submit it according to the company expectations.
- Searching for the right job is difficult: Finding the appropriate job can be a bit of hustle as you need to find something that fits in your ongoing schedule. However, there are numerous portals that provide you information about various jobs so that you can choose as per your need.
- Pressure is equivalent to that of a full time employees: Though you might not be a full time employee the pressure and expectation of job from you will be as per that of the full-time employees. Make sure you give your best to do the job.
Why do companies offer seasonal jobs?
There are certain circumstances where a company needs extra set of hands in order to complete a given job and there is shortage of existing employees. At this point in time, companies offer seasonal jobs so that the job is done in the stipulated time without going through the process of appointing a full time employee for a short duration of time. This saves the company’s time and resources that would be invested in a full time employee. This is beneficial for them in terms of finance and management levels. For example, e-commerce giants like Amazon and Flipkart have festive season sales at the same time, during this period there is a requirement for additional number of delivery associates to ensure that the orders are delivered to the customers on time. Thus, they offer apart time work opportunities for delivery associates so that their needs are met during the festive seasons of the market.
Seasonal jobs come with a definite time line which can differ from company to company based on their requirements. They are advantageous when you are looking to start fresh and polish your skills according to the demands of the market. They boost your confidence and make you stand out from the crowd. Starting off with these job will only benefit you in the long run. Though the money may not be as per your expectation but the knowledge and skills that you gain with these jobs will you in future that’s undeniable. Ample amount of work opportunities are available in a variety of sector as per your calling. So,before taking any decision consider the pros and cons of Seasonal jobs and then decide whether to take them or not.
Frequently asked Questions
1. How to search for Seasonal jobs?
You can explore jobs via LinkedIn and various job recruitment websites. Few of them are mentioned below:
2. When are seasonal jobs available in the market market?
Jobs are offered around specific time of the year by companies based on their needs. The higher the requirement of the workforce needed by the companies the higher the number of jobs available in the market. You need to keep looking for opportunities so that you can apply when the right one comes on your way as they are available throughout the year in different companies and organizations.
3. What is the minimum time duration of a seasonal job?
The time duration depends on the job you are choosing to apply for. They vary from one month to few months, as per the company needs. Like, a design firm will hire temporary associates when a variety of designers are needed and their in-house staff is not enough. In this scenario the designing firm will hire part time interns for fulfillment of the project that needs to be done.
4. Do seasonal jobs pay well?
The pay depends on the job you have applied for. However, it does provide you with a substantial amount of money as per your job role.
5. What are the minimum educational qualifications for applying to Seasonal jobs?
It depends on the job that you are applying for and the company requirements. The minimum educational qualifications are disclosed by the company in the job description when the vacancy is released. You can apply for the position of your profile matches the educational criteria mentioned by them.