Spirit Halloween LLC is an American-based seasonal retailer which supplies Halloween items, including decorations, props, costumes, and accessories, in-store during Halloween and online all year round. Based in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey, it was founded in 1983 by Joseph Marver. In 1999, Spencer Gifts LLC acquired it and opened stores in 1,300 different locations across America and Canada.
Work At Spirit Halloween Store
- Age requirement: Applicants should be minimum of 16 years of age for all entry and management level positions.
- Other Requirements
- Spencer Gifts- Spirit Halloween are open to all applicants for all positions without any regard to caste, creed, race, colour, sex, religion, nationality, disability, Sexual orientation, marital status, height, weight or any other characteristic as defined by state law.
- They also consider candidates having any criminal history fulfilling all qualifications.
- All applicants must have 1 to 2 years of store experience and a strong merchandising and sales background.
- Available Positions at Spirit Halloween
- District Sales Manager
- Applicants should be a minimum of 21 years or above.
- Seasonal position
- Starts from July
- Responsibilities may include overall store operation including Recruitments, sales, expenses, payroll, training, operating or closing the assigned spirit stores.
- Other physical duties include standing for 8 hours, setting up fixtures or lifting or moving around heavy objects occasionally.
- Store Manager
- Applicants should be a minimum of 21 years or above.
- Seasonal position starts typically from August
- Must have HS (High school) Diploma or GED
- Responsibilities may include overall spirit store operation including supervising, recruiting, training and assessing the employees.
- Sales Associate
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- Offered as part-time
- Seasonal Position starting from August and ending in mid-November.
- Responsibilities include sales, greetings to customers, merchandising of the store.
- May be asked to perform sign waiver duties daily.
- Assistant Manager
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or above.
- The seasonal position starts in August and ends in Mid November.
- Must have an HS diploma or GED.
- District Sales Manager
For more information, visit their official HYPERLINK “https://www.spirithalloween.com/content.jsp?pageName=JoinSpirit” website.
How to Apply
Applications are available online—no printed applications. To apply, you need to go to the jobs option on their main HYPERLINK “https://www.spirithalloween.com” website and do the sign-in first, then fill the application form. Ensure that you are fulfilling their requirements.
- Spirit Halloween Store opportunities
- Spirit Halloween presents a good opportunity for job seekers to find seasonal employment and earn a good wage while enjoying flexible work hours.
- Recommended for anyone willing to do a temporary job.
- The nationwide chain of Spirit Halloween offers a frighting fun and
- Exciting work setting, unlike all the typical stores and corporates.
- Friendly attitude
- Workers at Spirit Halloween present themselves friendly, patient and have a Calm gesture when greeting and addressing customers. So if you want to apply for a Job at Spirit Halloween you need to have the above attributes.
- Efficient and easily adapting
- Spirit Halloween is not your typical store instead they are known for their chill fast pace environment.
- The temporary nature of operations associated with seasonal retail around the Halloween season for about 3 months sales is why workers need to adapt to the yearlong preparation.
- Commitment to work to meet deadlines
- Deadlines are given for all ongoing tasks assigned by the store manager to entry-level workers to complete.
- Management also works under similar deadlines imposed by the company.
- Good Communication Skills
- Associates with customer bases entertaining questions on a diverse range from costume designing and decoration suggestions to Halloween party planning and retail sales advice like Return and Exchange policies.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented task
- If you are the person who likes to do the work all alone, then Spirit Halloween might not be for you. Their requirement includes excellent teamwork to ensure smooth functioning of stores during sales.
- Working at a Spirit store you need to do the multi-task. You will find yourself working on a new decoration theme and addressing the questions of the customers simultaneously.
Working at Spirit Halloween store is fun and comes up with a wide range of benefits for employees.
- Compensation and Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Associates 25% off on merchandise and End season Bonus opportunities
- Advancement Opportunities
- Life and A & AD insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition Remuneration
- Short and long term disability plan
- Employee referral bonus
- Casual wear, piercing and tattoos are allowed.
- Summer hours
- Flexible timing
- On-site tennis court for employees
- Thrilling company engagement plans
- Subsidized lunch
- Workers families get exciting discounts
- Time off
- Full-time employees are paid time off.
- Employees are paid full holiday time.
- Health Benefits
- Workers are provided with a corporate gym, a spending account covering all healthcare costs.
- Medical and dental insurance is also provided.
- Well defined Employment Association Program.
- Health and wellness programs and incentivized discounts are also available.
- Spirit Halloween Payscale
- The seasonal retail employer sets the minimum age of 16 years for all entry-level and management positions.
- Applicants applying for the positions must fulfill the eligible age requirement and other desirable traits to get a job.
For the nationwide chain of Spirit Halloween stores, applications are generally opened during July and hired for below mentioned typical positions.
- Part-time job for up to 28 hours per week.
- Responsibilities include completing all the transactions of the store in a computerized sales system.
- Other work includes product recommendations and assistance.
- Skills Required- Friendly attitude, patient, efficient and good communication skills.
- Pay begins at minimum Wage and ranges between $9 -$10 per hour.
- The nationwide stores of Spirit Halloween need managers to supervise the working team to ensure smooth operation.
- Both Part-time and full-time jobs.
- Positions generally include District Sales Manager, Assistant Manager and Store Manager.
- Responsibilities include hiring and training new workers, setting up schedules, organizing the daily routine of the store, assessing the staff of entry-level workers.
- Previous management and retail experience are required.
- Assistant Store Managers and Store Managers paid annually
Which generally starts from $25,000 to $45,000 depending on earning seasonally.
To conclude, Spirit Halloween is a fun place to work, especially for individuals that want to have some thrill in their workplace. However, if you are serious about employment with Spirit Halloween, you must start seeking jobs from Late June. Applications are generally opened in early July and August, and the store also conducts campaigns for hiring positions during Early summer. You can find the list of annual seasonal positions opened for hiring on their main website or at Spencer- Spirit website. It is recommended for applicants to check only the main website for any updates continuously.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does a Spirit Halloween Employee make?
- The Cashier and Sales associate have an average hourly wage of $10 per hour, ranging between $9 and $11 per hour. Other positions in management make $16 per hour. The average weekly wage of a district manager is $1,025 per week. Ques2. Can you work at Spirit Halloween store at 14 years of age?
- No, the minimum age requirement to work at Spirit Halloween Store is 16 years. So you have to wait till then.
- Do you need to have a degree to work at Spirit Halloween?
- Part-time jobs like Sales associates or cashier does not require any degree. However, district, store, and assistant manager positions required at least an HS diploma or GED.
- Is it a suitable job for an introvert personality type?
- Absolutely yes. It does not matter whether you are an introvert or an extrovert. You need to engage in customer services if you are working In a Spirit Halloween store. This required skills like friendly nature, resilience, good communication.
- What are the benefits of working at Spirit Halloween Store?
- Employees get a wide range of benefits from health insurance to paid time off. Associates also get a 25% discount on merchandise, and managers get end season bonus.