Marble slab creamery was established in Houston, Texas, in 1983. We will discuss the Marble Slab Careers here. It is a chain of franchised stores that operate independently. The chain works on a franchise system and specializes in homemade ice cream and other desserts. The franchise network is owned by Global Franchise Group LLC, MaggieMoos Ice Cream, and Treatery. Originally it had headquarters in the Westchase, Houston, Texas. In this article, Let’s see the job opportunities of Marble Slab Careers.
Currently headquartered in unincorporated Fulton County, Georgia, the chain has 392 marble slab stores across the world, in United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Pakistan, Bahrain, United Arab Emirate, Kuwait, Qatar, Bangladesh, and Lebanon. Marble slab, through its stores, offers several products such as ice cream, desserts, pies, shakes, smoothies, cakes, and frozen yogurt. Since its establishment, it has been focusing on household ice cream, cakes, etc.
Marble Slab Careers
Are you an ice cream lover who loves to taste different ice cream flavors? If the answer is affirmative, then a career at marble slab is for you as you would work at this kind of place. Firstly opened in Houston, Texas, marble slab has expanded itself in different directions of the world. It has franchise rights and nearly 392 stores worldwide. As the size of the franchise chain is so big, having branches at several locations.
It is always in need of manpower to do different jobs. Marble slab provides several career opportunities at different stages of a career, especially entry-level jobs. So if you want to start your career or want to expand your career in the creamery industry, marble slab is always a good option. Looking at the size of the chain stores, it hires employees frequently for different locations. Marble slab regularly conducts hiring of new employees for entry-level or managerial posts as there are numerous job positions.
Marble Slab Job Opportunities
As marble slab hire candidates regularly, there are several job positions offered at the stores. It is easy to get entry-level jobs at the stores, as it does not require any special qualifications. Entry-level job positions include ice cream scooper, server, ice cream decorator, assistant, and attendant.
There are managerial positions. Marble slab works on a franchise system, so independent owners for every location have obtained the franchise from the parent company. Generally, the store owners are the managers, or sometimes they hire other candidates for managers or assistant managers depending on the business at the specific locations.
Job positions are listed as follow:
- Assistant Manager
- Ice Cream Scooper
- Cake Decorator
- Ice Cream Counter Attender
- Shift Manager
Job Description– Marble Slab Careers
- Managers: Managers are responsible for the overall management of the stores. They are responsible for the enforcement and implementation of the high standards as set by the marble slab brand. They also supervise the staff at the stores and supervise the training and development of the workers. They are also charged with the duty to provide general leadership in all the aspects of the ice cream stores.
Their functions also include conducting hiring process as and when required, staffing of new employees, their training and leading them, looking after store finances, manages store clientele by upholding the high standards of customers service for the ultimate satisfaction of the customers and generating ideas for the increased and maximum sales.It includes the job titles of assistant manager, general manager, restaurant manager. The candidates who have prior experience in the ice cream or restaurant are suitable and desirable for these positions.
- Ice Cream Scooper: This is an entry-level job. Ice cream scooper is the person directly in touch with the ice cream at the store. He prepares and scoops ice cream as per the orders. He knows the flavors and proportions so he adds appropriate mix-ins, combines flavors, and sometimes creates new flavors.
He is the server of ice cream based on the customer’s requests. He completes customer’s orders according to their wishes such as assembling sundaes, ice cream cones, etc. No specific qualifications and experience are required for this position. It is also known with the title of a server.
- Cake Decorator: As the name suggests cake decorators are charged with the duty of decorating cakes available at the stores for sale. Decoration also depends according to customer’s demands for special occasions. It is also an entry-level job. Candidates have to be creative and preferably neat and having a good hand at drawing. Their duties also include receiving orders and processing payments. They are also expected to give helping hands to other staff as and when required for the ultimate excellent customer experience.
- Cashier: Cashiers are available at the counter. They are the persons at the cash. They directly interact with the customers at the store. They explain the menu to the customers, ice cream scoopers and mixers, record orders, and process orders at the register. They also look after and record the inventory at the store to maintain availability at all times.
- Team Lead: They are in the duty to serve at the store as per various needs, operating register and giving out helping hand to others and giving directions as and when required.
- Delivery Crew Member: If you are an expert in driving and can drive safely at different locations, then this job is just for you. A delivery crew member is charged with the duty of delivering ice cream to the other marble stores within the city whenever asked. They sometimes also deliver orders at the doorsteps of the customers. You need to be good at driving and must have a valid driving license for this job position.
- Assistants: There are other assistants as well such as sales associates who are responsible for making sales at the stores. They are to attend to the customers at the store and help and assist them in ensuring sales.
- Store Attendants are responsible for attending the customers visiting the stores, greeting them at entry and exit, and assist them throughout their presence at the store.
- Maintenance Associates are responsible for the overall maintenance of the stores looking after the electricity, mechanic repairs, machines, keeping stores and dining areas neat and clean. Their duty is to do regular cleaning of the stores.
Marble Slab Requirements
- Age: You must be above the age of 16 years at the time of making an application to work at the marble slab at the entry-level job. At least 18 years for managerial posts.
- Education: For entry-level jobs, there are no specific education requirements. However, a high school diploma or general education diploma (GED) is desirable. You can also work at the store even during your studies as part-time jobs are available at the stores. For managerial positions such as managers, education, as stated above, is required.
- Experience: There are no specific requirements regarding experience as most of the job positions are entry-level requiring even freshers, however, if you have prior experience, it will benefit you. For managerial positions, prior experience in the ice cream or restaurant industry is required.
Marble Slab Salary
Along with the good career opportunities, the career slab provides a good amount of salary as per the industry standards. According to career bliss, the average salary of a marble slab creamery employee is $21,500 per year.
Highest Paid – $34,000 per year for Store Manager
Lowest Paid – $12,000 per year for a Salesperson
According to hired, the average salary of a marble slab employee is $58,795 per year. Salaries for different job positions are listed below:
|Job Position||Average Salary|
|Assistant Store Manager||$29,615 per year|
|Customer Service Representative||$26,846 per year|
|Shift Manager||$26,826 per year|
|Cake Decorator||$26,151 per year|
|Shift Leader||$23,968 per year|
|Sales Associate||$23,862 per year|
|Retail Store Associate||$23,004 per year|
|Ice Cream Maker||$22,676 per year|
|Opener||$21,736 per year|
|Ice Cream Scooper||$21,546 per year|
According to landyourlife, the average salary for store managers at marble slab is $27,000 per year or $7 per hour. Salaries along with different job positions are given below:
|Store Manager||$21k – $31k per year|
|Ice Cream Scoop Artist||$8.00 per hour plus tips|
|Cashier||$8.00 per hour plus tips|
|Customer Service Representative||$$8 – $10 per hour plus tips|
|Delivery Crew Member||$9 – $11 per hour|
|Team Lead||$9 – $11 per hour|
Glassdoor reported the salaries as under: the average salary of the marble slab is $8 per hour.
|Assistant Manager||$10 per hour|
|Shift Leader||$10 per hour|
|Cashier||$8 per hour|
|Ice Cream Scooper||$9 per hour|
Indeed.com records the average salary of a marble slab employee as $8.13 per hour.
Job title wise salaries are given below:
|General Manager||$37,471 per year|
|Assistant Manager||$12.58 per hour|
|Assistant Store Manager||$12.43 per hour|
|Assistant Supervisor||$12.26 per hour|
|Store Manager||$10.00 per hour|
|Cashier||$10.67 per hour|
|Ice Cream Scooper||$10.44 per hour|
|Ice Cream Maker||$10.10 per hour|
|Shift Leader||$9.92 per hour|
|Manager on Duty||$8.50 per hour|
|Guest Service Agent||$8.00 per hour|
|Production Assistant||$7.92 per hour|
|Operations Associate||$7.25 per hour|
Marble Slab Application Process
The hiring process is short and simple. It hardly takes a week. However, it involves two steps:
- Interview Round
Marble slab is a franchise chain. Every store at every location operates independently, and you can apply for available job vacancies at the store. Applications are not accepted online, but the application form can be downloaded online as application forms in PDF formats are available online. You can download that form from the store’s official website and fill it and submit it at the store.
It is a two-page form containing all the information about the candidate.
- Go to the official website of the marble slab store
- Download the application form
- Fill in the date
- Fill in the personal information such as:
- Name, nickname (if any)
- Street address, city, state, zip code
- Phone number (for day and evening time)
- Whether you are a former employee of marble slab?
- Age (above 16 years or not)
- Permission to work in the United States
- Your previous conviction history
- Fill in about desired employment: the job position you want to apply for including:
- Desired location for the job
- Salary you expect
- Date to start the job
- Available hours on each day of the week (you can indicate for how many hours on the weekdays you will be available for work)
- Fill in your education details: high school, college, graduate college, technical study along with the school/college name, city, the status of graduation, and subjects studied.
- Fill in the additional job-related information
- Fill in your previous employment history, starting with the most recent job up to three jobs chronologically
- Give the name, addresses, phone numbers, and relationships of three references whom the applicant know for at least one year.
- At the last there is a statement on the behalf of the applicant, read it carefully and put your signature at the end of the form along with the date in the prescribed boxes.
- Submit it to the respective marble slab store.
- After the submission of the form, shortlisted candidates are called for an interview session, and based on the interview, candidates are selected.
It is always suggested to personally go to the stores and meet and greet the HR manager there. It will create a good impression about the candidate and sometimes help grab the offer letter on the spot.
Marble Slab Interview Questions
The hiring process is simple and involves a basic interview round. Questions are asked about your background, education, experience, skills, and work-related questions to check your knowledge about the work.
Some of the common questions are listed below:
- Introduce Yourself
- What do you know about the marble slab?
- Why do you want to work with the marble slab?
- What will be your availability hours, If you are selected?
- If a difficult situation arises, what would be your reaction?
- How do you work for the benefit of the marble slab?
- Employees are given training here after they got selected, what type of training you need and why?
- What are your ways to handle work pressure?
- What are your salary expectations and why?
- How we can ensure the optimum customer experience at the store?
- What do you know about the work culture and environment at the marble slab?
- How your past working experience will help you with the marble slab?
- Where do you see yourself in the coming 5 years?
- Why did you leave your previous job?
Marble slab is an established brand in the United States and locations wherever it has the franchise. If you love that smell and different flavors of ice cream, a job at the marble store is the perfect place for you as you will be in direct contact with ice cream. It will satisfy your food instincts.
You can work here in shifts, part-time, full time as suits to you. Even if you are a student, you can find a job here. Finding an entry-level job at the marble slab is easy. It is a good option to kick start your career or expand your career as it offers well-paid job opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is a marble slab famous for?
Marble slab is a famous brand in the creamery industry. It is specialized in homemade ice cream and other desserts.
- Who owns a marble slab?
Marble slab is Global Franchise Group LLC, MaggieMoo’s Ice Cream and Treatery. The global franchise group is the parent company and it has franchises around the world.
- What is the minimum age to work at a marble slab?
For entry-level jobs, the minimum age requirement is 16 years while for managerial posts the minimum age requirement is 18 years.
- What are the selection criteria for marble slab?
The hiring process at marble slab involves two steps:
- Filling in the Application Form
- Interview Round
- What is the average salary for a marble slab employee?
According to career bliss, the average salary of a marble slab creamery employee is $21,500 per year. Salary vary based on the job positions. The detailed salary information is given in the above paragraph titled “marble slab salary.”
- How to crack marble slab job interview?
The hiring process at marble slab is short and simple which involves application and interview. The interview is very basic. The manager conducts the interview asking about yourself, your educational background, employment history, etc. Several interview questions are listed above under the paragraph titled “marble slab interview questions” these questions give you an idea to prepare for the interview.