Great clips is a United States company that deals with hair salon franchises. Great clips were founded in the year 1982 and has attained revenue of over $1.03 billion. They can boast of over 4,100 saloons actors in the US and Canada. Private and local franchisees own and manage Great Clips salons. These small-business owners motivate their employees to work hard and have pleasure, promote and appreciate each other’s accomplishments, build relationships and careers, advance to be the industry expert, and give back to the local community by doing positive things. Let’s see the topic- Great Clips Careers’ Job description.
Job Description– Great Clips Careers
You can easily apply for jobs at Greatclips if you are considering working in the beauty sector of the country. They hire employees without any form of discrimination. Normally, they hire individuals who have little or no experience in the sector into entry-level positions. However, they are various job opportunities at Greatclips for skillful and dedicated applicants.
Great Clips uses a team-based approach to provide a good experience from the minute a client walks into the salon until their service is completed. The look use measures that will ensure the customer returns to the salon regularly. Receptionists are very key positions, especially in client positions. They give the clients the first impression of the company’s service.
Below are the duties of a Receptionist:
- Serve customers with a smile.
- Customers should be informed of Great Clips processes, such as Online Check-in and the Wait Time Monitor.
- Transactions are processed and receipts are issued.
- General retail product knowledge and the ability to offer recommendations
- Organize the flow of traffic from check-in to service.
- Keep the front counter and entrance area clean and hygienic.
- Manage your phone answering service.
- Customers should be informed about services.
- Contact information for customers should be updated in customer records.
- Assist stylists in keeping the salon clean and sanitary.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including during peak periods
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Working in a fast-paced atmosphere
- A comparable associate’s or bachelor’s degree is required.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management abilities.
- Administrative support operations knowledge.
- Capable of making a meaningful contribution as part of a team, assisting with various duties as needed
The goal of an area manager is to build client loyalty to Great Clips by interacting with them in their natural environment. To do so, you’ll need to concentrate on three key areas for our clients. Comfort, independence, and a sense of belonging are all things that come to mind.
Offering and demonstrating the 5-Step Customer Relationship with every customer, every time, in every salon may help you consistently deliver on the brand promise of Comfort, Freedom, and Connection. As a result, you will provide outstanding customer service.
As a result, great Clips will have the best brand image and reputation in the business. The salon will flourish, and our clients will want to return if you regularly fulfill the expectations outlined in this paper.
Below are the duties of an Area Manager:
- To promote the institution’s development objectives and ensure the commercial success and profitability of the company, this job is responsible for maintaining one salon and up to three salons managers according to the Great Clips standards
- Examining current operations and devising effective tactics.
- Effective sales and management strategies are taught to store managers.
- Establishing and discussing sales targets on a regular basis.
- Detecting, investigating, and correcting sales inconsistencies between stores, if necessary.
- Establishing and enforcing performance standards in all stores
- Ensure that staff follow company procedures.
- As needed, traveling to stores to perform your obligations on-site.
- Regularly updating your manager on your progress and any hazards
- A high school diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Worked as an area manager for a similar-sized store.
- Expertise in financial and employee tracking software is required.
- Capacity to lead with confidence and composure.
- Ability to develop creative and effective approaches
This job is in charge of overseeing the overall management, mentoring, advancement, and maintenance of salon managers to ensure excellent brand delivery and accomplish targeted outcomes.
Below are the duties of a General Manager:
- To ensure optimum efficiency, motivation, and loyalty, oversees the recruitment, training, evaluation, and development of high-quality managers.
- Directs the development and dissemination of tools and resources to assist managers in achieving brand goals and other critical metrics in order to expand their salons and increase profitability.
- Ensures that salon operations processes are implemented and communicated in accordance with set standards and brand strategy.
- Sets the direction to executives in the discovery and assistance of problematic salons, ensuring that opportunities are handled quickly and that strategies for improvement are in place.
- Takes part in the yearly budgeting process and oversees the institution’s budget throughout the year to guarantee that expenditures are within plan.
- To assure continued service to our internal and external customers, conducts other initiatives, tasks, and operations as needed
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration is required
- Good understanding of many business functions.
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Communication abilities are exceptional.
- Exceptionally well-organized.
- Work ethic is excellent.
- Interpersonal skills are important.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable in computers
Salon managers hire and train employees, handle customer complaints, and keep salons clean, well-maintained, and well-stocked. In addition, they are in charge of all salon operations to optimize profits. To be a great Salon Manager, you must have good management and leadership skills and the ability to motivate employees to meet salon objectives. Finally, a great Salon Manager should provide good customer service by ensuring that clients enjoy their visits to the salon.
Below are the duties of a Salon Manager:
- Maintaining a close eye on salon materials and services, as well as ordering new stock as needed.
- Developing and disseminating promotional materials in order to attract new customers.
- Client complaints about salon services and employee behavior are addressed and resolved.
- Managing correct accounting statements and processing customer payments.
- Maintaining a clean and well-maintained salon at all times
- Hair trimming and style, as well as hair removal and aesthetic therapies, are among the services provided by the salon.
- Recruiting salon employees who have completed the necessary educational and licensing criteria.
- Creating work schedules for the salon’s employees.
- Setting goals for each employee, reviewing their performance, and giving training and overall guidance are all important aspects of the job.
- Experience managing a salon is a must.
- All Microsoft Office applications are second nature to me.
- Working in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Exceptional organizational abilities.
- Excellent management and leadership abilities.
- Communication abilities that work.
- Customer service talents that are second to none
Technical Product Manager
As a Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for leading product innovation initiatives to provide technological results that help the Great Clips brand, franchisees, and customers. When combined with your individual growth strategy, these tasks will sharpen your technical leadership abilities and allow you to keep improving your product development expertise.
Below are the duties of a Technical Product Manager:
- Creating and implementing brand visions and strategies
- Gathering information and consulting with experts in the field to have a better grasp of client needs
- Identifying chances to capitalize on in order to propel product innovation
- Creating roadmaps that outline and prioritize what product teams will provide and when they will deliver it
- User stories and requirements are being defined
- Collaborating with solution delivery organizations to make new and improved products
- Managing go-to-market strategies that result in new goods and better consumer experiences.
- Supervising efforts to empower users through training
- delivering crucial product messages to audiences through presentations
- Collaborating with other employees of the Product Planning & Development team to develop standard operating procedures for product owners across the organization
- Ability to focus on the consumer, drive for results, and create realistic plans.
- Possessing the capacity to think strategically, act quickly, think creatively, apply financial knowledge, and foster cooperation.
- I’m looking forward to forming connections, demonstrating ethical behavior, communicating effectively, and influencing people.
- Ability to develop strong, positive relationships by listening, earning trust, and accepting direct feedback from others.
- Guide, instruct, provide feedback, and coach a manager’s direct, indirect, and cross-functional groups in trying to entice, build, maintain, and preserve outstanding talent
Marketing Planning Strategist
This job is concerned with supporting franchisees with continuing marketing support, including formulating and executing all components of ad-funded schedules, new salon launches, and incremental/guerilla marketing activities.
Below are the duties of a Marketing Planning Strategist:
- Offers franchisees with continuing support for progressive and guerrilla marketing. Provides office coverage and fast responses to franchisees in allocated markets, allowing them to maximize their marketing efforts, positively represent Great Clips in the marketplace, and develop their businesses.
- Collaborates with the new salon launch group to evaluate, analyze, and connect with franchisees who are establishing their first and second salons.
- Assigned by the strategic marketing leadership team, discusses and implements new marketing techniques.
- Responsible for managing, executing, and analyzing annual marketing cycles in a small number of markets as instructed by the marketing director.
- Some travel may be necessary as authorized by the sales director.
- As instructed, participates on departmental project teams
- Supports in the formulation, implementation, and evaluation of yearly marketing schedules in designated locations to guarantee that marketing activities are executed successfully each year within defined expenditures and in accordance with stated organizational strategy.
- Collaborating with franchisees and operations, coordinates new salon launch plans to ensure optimum resource usage and accomplishment of marketing and financial goals.
- To improve validity, speed, productivity, and effectiveness of marketing initiatives, supervises the development and implementation of procedures with all essential marketing suppliers and internal resources
- To establish advanced and efficient connection with salons, franchisees, company personnel, suppliers, and others, you’ll need written and vocal interpersonal skills.
- Vocabulary, spelling, syntax, punctuation, and sentence construction are all skills that must be demonstrated.
- Ability to locate resources, gather data, analyze relevant facts/information, and apply the findings to a given scenario.
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work effectively with others and flourish in a team environment I
- A minimum 2-3 years of marketing experience, advertising positioning, digital/social marketing, or other comparable experience is required
- Ability to utilize marketing and promotional ideas and techniques in the integration and engagement of advertising initiatives.
- Expertise and ability to use software applications in a Microsoft Development platform, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and numerous internal workflow systems like CRM, FRM, Spotr, Smarter Local Discounting, inSite, and Alterex.
- Capacity to produce a comprehensive business/marketing strategy that incorporates good financial components
Application Process- Great Clips Careers
Great Clips, being an expanding and rising firm, receives applications for various positions within the organization. Applicants interested in working at Great Clips can submit an online application or contact the company’s human resources department directly. To discover how to explore the employment webpage, check for current positions, and fill out an application, follow the procedures outlined in the instructions below. Retail, managerial, corporate, and transportation jobs are among the many that can be applied for:
- Visit the company’s homepage
- Scroll down and tap the link below to access the career page
- Select the positions that you possess valuable skill and experience in
- Select your minimum age
- Enter a keyword I.e location, zip code, city etc
- Choose the job you are interest in applying in your preferred location
- Review job description
- Create and account and enter the following details:
- Email address
- Confirm password
- How did you hear about us?
- Create security question/answer
Interview Questions– Great Clips Careers
- What is your favorite working condition?
- How did you hear about us?
- What do you think about customer satisfaction?
- Do you have a reliable means of transport?
- If hired, how will your career plans be affected
- What is your ideal work environment?
- Do you have a particular type of customers you dislike cutting hair on?
- What do you know about us?
Salary at Great Clips Careers
|RECEPTIONIST||$9.69 – $11.30 per hour|
|General Manager||$75,911 – $90,858 per annum|
|Salon Manager||$21,989 – $ 26,319 per annum|
|Technical Product Manager||$75,000 – $80,000 per annum|
|Marketing Planning Strategist||$64,541 per annum|
|Area Manager||$55,000 per annum|