The company Dollar Tree has more than 13,600 stores and opens its doorways to facilitate a huge number of employment opportunities to around 1 45000 people each year. They are well known for selling various items for $1 or less, marking themselves as the discount store’s American chain. Here, we will discuss Dollar Tree Hiring Age here.
Dollar Tree Hiring Age Requirement:
The company hires an employee only if he or she has attained the minimum age of 16 years, for taking hold of a beginner’s desk, just because the company allows the sale of tobacco and alcohol a preferable age of adulthood, which is 18 years is expected to fill in for other posts.
The educational barrier of General Educational Development (GED) or High school diploma must be overlapped by the seeking employees.
- An online application mode is definitely an option. One should visit the Dollar Tree career page and search for their nearest store and then apply for the position they want to serve.
- You must have a LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook account to proceed with filling in your application details, including your name, address, contact information, qualifications, date of birth, and others.
- This shall be carried forward with various questions to test your knowledge of the job position you have applied for, along with other questions regarding your experience and eligibility. You do not have to write any of the answers. There shall be a list of options given from which you need to choose the correct one.
- There is no offline paper application that one could avail of, which means you must get a printout of your application from the online website and submit it at the store for better consideration.
- It may take a few days to hear back from the hirer or few weeks, too, depending on the position you have targeted to achieve.
- Interviews could be held in person or over the phone on a one-on-one basis.
- They have a background check to complete to ensure customers and fellow employees’ safety and sound service.
- There is no compulsion for the seeking employees to have prior experience in the field. One can always undergo training and learn the required abilities needed to work at the store. However, any experience shall always be of benefit to your attaining position.
New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Christmas are expected holidays. However, many stores only allow Christmas Eve to be a holiday while paying no bonus for it and hope you to turn in and serve the customers on other federal holidays. 7 week paid maternity leave and 6-week unpaid maternity leave along with two weeks of paid paternity leave.
Store Timings Throughout The Week:
The store timings remain the same for six days of the week which is Monday to Saturday 8 am to 10 pm while Sunday though not a complete holiday at least gives you a relaxation of an hour each on both the beginning and the ends making it a schedule from 9 am to 9 pm.
Payments are made every second Friday at 9.00 am by check or direct deposit. On average, a Cashier makes $9 an hour, which can range from $4 to $88 depending on your services and experience. A manager makes around $11-$12, an Assistant store manager makes $12, and their pay can range from $7 to $20. The unexpected and unfortunate scheme is that there are no employee discounts available for the store’s products.
An employee is expected to greet the customers, deal with their complaints, stocking and restocking products on respective shelves, make the bills and receive accurate payments, guiding the customers to their required space of needed products, explaining product policies, ongoing discounts, return policies, presenting newly launched products and convincing the customers to buy and try them while assuring them of positive response.
Hours of Work:
Minimum 5 hours of work a day to 35 hours a week is the requirement for part-time employees, while an additional 3 hours making it 8 hours a day, is a full-time employee’s job hours. Cashiers are supposed to work for around 10-15 hours a week, which makes it 2-3 shifts of 5 hours each
The company or its store does not provide any specific uniform but ensure you buy uniform colors. They need you to wear and work in store either with a Green or white polo, Khaki black pants, or skirts of the length below the knee. One can have few streaks of colored hair but not a complete changeover.
Perks and Benefits:
Employees are given paid sick leaves along with paid holidays. You get 4 hours paid sick leave each month, while 1 hour of unpaid sick leave every 40 hours you have worked. Health, dental, vision insurance, temporary disability insurance, accidental death insurance are offered depending on your hours of work at your locality’s respective stories.