JP Morgan Chase is one of the leading banks that offer its financial services to various corporations worldwide. It is a well-reputed, trustworthy corporation that houses over 180,000 employees around the globe. It constitutes commercial banking and provides employment in each sector of society. JP Morgan Chase & Co is esteemed to create a collaborative and productive work environment where you are available to use your innovative capabilities. Most people dream to work in this commercial bank as it promises job security and provides a healthy payscale. Let us learn about “JP Morgan Chase Software Engineers Interview Questions”
If you are applying for the upcoming interviews, you should know a few interview questions that JP Morgan Chase looks forward to in their employees. The exponential growth the company witnesses is due to the exceptional tech team it employs. Software Engineers, Engineering Managers, and Developers are in high demand as they create a working space for the other teams. If you are a recent graduate of an engineering program, you must look into JP Morgan’s hiring process. Software Engineers are the ones who can expect major growth opportunities in this company.
Software Engineers Interview Questions:
For acing the technical round, you must prepare various programming solutions and get proficient in one of the languages. Here are a few questions that might be asked in the interview.
Write a code in python for converting two lists into a dictionary.
Here are some given numbers – 2, 4, and 7 and a sum. What will be the maximum numbers required to reach the sum?
Write a code to determine the palindrome of a given integer and its inverse. Print the number of iterations it follows as well.
Write a code to calculate the height of a binary tree.
What is the value of a node in a binary tree? Write down the steps.
Write a function to print the reverse of an array, if the given size is N.
How do you find the left view of a binary tree? Write a proper function and its code.
What steps should be followed to count the inversions in a merged array?
How is a bubble sort algorithm implemented?
What Are A StringBuffer And StringBuilder In Java?
Except for the coding questions, JP Morgan Chase places a lot of significance on the behavioral questions part of the interview. Ensure that you are ready to charm the recruiters. Here is a list of situational questions that might get asked in the interview.
What is your view on the company’s belief in placing importance on cultural diversity?
How would you bring up a coworker’s conflict to the senior managers?
Describe a situation where you had to scrap your project and redo it from the start.
How do you deal with destructive criticism?
Describe the most challenging project that you had to work on.
What is the latest technology that helped you through previous projects?
What are JP Morgan’s company core values?
How do you intend to make a change in your work routine?
What do you expect to be different from your previous workplace?
If a senior manager rejects your idea, what would be your next approach?
What Should You Ask the Interviewer at JP Morgan Chase? :
To make a lasting impression, you can ask valuable questions to the recruiters. They can be a great way to show your interest in the job position and the company’s core values.
What is the biggest challenge in this role?
How does one advance in the company?
How many people would work in my team/ department?
Who should I report all my week’s work to?
What qualities are important for me to succeed at JP Morgan?
When can I expect to hear from you?
What is the procedure for applying for leave?
JP Morgan Chase Interview Process:
JP Morgan Chase corporation creates four or five rounds of the rigorous interview process which tests a candidate’s industry knowledge, communication skills, team partnership, and culture fit.
- Online Technical Test:
- After your application gets shortlisted, you will receive a mail to complete an online numerical test that assesses your basic knowledge. The duration of the test is 20 to 30 minutes in length. The candidates have to pass through 12 levels on the Pymetrics platform to complete the test. The general questions are based on basic calculations, percentages, logical reasoning, and interpreting graphs and structures.
- Hirevue Round:
- Once you pass the test, you will receive a link for the Hirevue interview round. They would test your industry knowledge as well as put you on for some situational questions. Make sure you are well-informed about your tech skills. It consists of two coding questions and then two video interview questions. You can submit the HireVue test and wait for further response from the company.
- On-site interview:
- This round of interviews consists of the hiring managers asking about your previous qualifications and job experience. Major situational questions are asked and they assess on the basis of culture fit for the company. Ensure that you are proficient in your subject and express more innovative skills that the hiring managers can assess.
- HR Interview:
- This is the decision-making round, the HR will test your overall personality and set of skills that would be important for the company. They will put forward multiple, well-structured brain teasers and situational questions. Make sure you show your caliber and land the right job.
Now we have learnt “JP Morgan Chase Software Engineers Interview Questions”, JP Morgan Chase is an exceptional work with a trusted and collaborative work environment. Generally, employees are quite satisfied with their work culture. For the interviews, you will be meeting a lot of hiring managers, peers, and engineering managers. Many of the coworkers are generally supportive of their colleagues.
However, software engineers are already in demand, but it is a competitive arena. Make sure you prepare for the questions thoroughly as the hiring managers are quite picky.
- Is JP Morgan interviews hard to crack?
- Generally, the questions range from medium to hard levels. It can be quite tough to prepare for the interview.
- How many rounds of interviews does JP Morgan conduct?
- JP Morgan conducts at least 4 to 5 interview rounds to assess a candidate.
- Does JP Morgan hire freshers?
- You can apply to JP Morgan for internships and full-time roles even if you are a fresher.