Five Guys is an American fast-casual restaurant chain known for its freshly cooked hamburger and French fries. With the headquarters in Lorton, Virginia, Five Guys now operates around 1700 Restaurants Worldwide. Five Guys offers various job opportunities varying from entry-level positions to leadership roles. The vacancies depend on the hiring age, location, and experience. Let us know more detail about ‘Five Guys Hiring Age’.
Five Guys Hiring Age
If you want to apply for an entry-level position at Five Guys, you need to fulfill the minimum age criteria of 16 years. It can get you in jobs like crew members and Shift Leader. Also, you have to acquire a High School Diploma or equivalent educational degree. The Five Guys hiring age, education and experience vary as per the position. For management jobs, you need to fulfill the age criteria of 18 years.
If you want to work in an energetic and cheerful work environment at Five Guys, want to know more about the hiring age and other requirements. We have provided all the necessary details in this article.
What is the Five Guys Hiring Age?
Five Guys hire individuals with the minimum age criteria of 16 years. It is only eligible for employees who apply to entry-level positions. Although, you need to fulfill the essential educational qualification of a High School Diploma or equivalent qualification.
For management-level jobs, you need to achieve the age criteria of 18 years. Also, you should hold experience in retail management or food service.
Job Opportunities at Five Guys with a Minimum Age Requirement
To get a job at Five Guys, you can browse through the career section of Five Guys official website. Here you will find job opportunities in different categories as per your Zipcode and State or Province. The main Job Opportunities include:
Five Guys hire crew members to handle numerously responsible tasks. Some of the essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Performing the job of dining room attendant
- Act as the runner/frontline coordinator
- Performing the duty of grill operator
- Fulfilling the duty of Sandwich maker
- Responsible for taking orders and performing cashier duties
- Need to handle the fry station
- Keeping the restaurant neat & clean, and accessible to five guys customers
- Providing sufficient support to the team members in the completion of their duties
While performing all the assigned duties, Crew Members need to provide friendly and accurate services to the customers. It will ensure excellent customer satisfaction and experience.
Requirements for Crew Members Job
Before applying for the Five Guys Crew Members job, you need to acquire the mandatory education and experience. Five Guys ask for the High School Diploma or similar educational qualification. Although it’s not essential, you can obtain 1-2 years of experience in retail or food service.
Apart from that, you need to possess good mathematical and communication skills. Also, you have to be physically fit to stand for long hours and perform other duties.
Crew Members job is an entry-level position. To become a Five Guys Crew Member, you need to reach the minimum age criteria of 16 years.
The shift leader has to perform the exact duties of the crew members of the five guys. Other than that, they need to perform various other tasks. It consists of:
- Need to coordinate and direct the restaurant’s daily operation during the absence of an Assistant Manager or General Manager.
- You need to monitor, motivate, and train employees for better performance
- Need to ensure completion of food preparation
- Holding the responsibility of opening and closing the restaurant
- Need to monitor and manage the employee shifts
- Need to complete shift summary reports
While performing all the assigned duties, the Shift Leader needs to ensure fast, friendly, and accurate services to the customer.
Requirements for Five Guys Shift Leader
If you are interested in the role of Shift Leader in Five Guys, you have to fulfill the essential requirements. You need to acquire High School Diploma or equivalent certification. To Excell in this role, you can obtain 1-2 years of supervisory experience in retail or food service.
Apart from that, Shift leaders need to possess some skills and abilities. It includes excellent computer skills, communication skills, and mathematical skills. You have to reflect Ability to read, analyze and develop general business documents or memos. Also, you have to be physically fit to stand for long hours and perform other essential duties.
To get the position of Shift Leader at Five Guys, you need to fulfill the age criteria of 16 years.
Five Guys appoint Assistant Manager to lead and motivate employees. It will help to create team unity and maintain crew energy. Assistant Manager needs to perform some essential duties.
Some of the fundamental responsibilities include:
- Need to perform the task of inventory and financial management
- Monitoring and assigning duties to the crew members
- Taking complete accountability of how things run during the assigned shift
- Need to manage customer relationships that will ensure customer satisfaction and a better experience
Requirements for Five Guys Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager performs the duty of management and a leader. To excel in this role, you need to acquire at least High School Diploma or higher educational qualification.
Five Guys hire Assistant Manager with at least 1-2 years of experience in management or leadership role and 1-2 years of experience in food service. To increase your chances in Five Guys, you can get ServSafe Certification.
Apart from that, you need to possess some skills and abilities to work effectively in fast pace environment. You have to communicate effectively and manage high energy to motivate others.
Benefits of Assistant Managers Position:
- Complimentary Meals for you and your family members
- Health Insurance
- Excellent starting Pay
- Raises as per the experience and performance
- Paid holiday and personal time
- Opportunities of advancing and higher positions
Assistant Managers job comes under management position. To get recruited as Five Guys Assistant Manager, you need to fulfill the minimum age criteria of 18 years.
Five Guys General Managers handle the overall responsibility for daily maintenance of the restaurant. They ensure that all these operations fulfill the company’s standards. It includes restaurant maintenance, product preparation & delivery, inventory management, financial accountability, team management, customer relations, and many more.
Apart from that, General Managers have to perform some extensive duties that cover all the aspects of restaurant processes. Some of the crucial responsibilities include:
- Performing the duty of hiring and terminating employees
- Monitoring and managing profit and losses of the company
- Ensuring a safe and secure working environment for employees and staff
- Assuring satisfactory food quality
- Providing Customer Satisfaction
- General Managers coordinate with corporate-level officials and help with brand marketing.
Requirements for Five Guys General Managers
The General Manager is a senior-level position. To get into this position, you need to obtain a High School Diploma or similar educational qualifications. Also, you have to gain 2-4 years of experience in supervising retail or food service.
General Managers need to possess essential skills, like excellent communication skills, business math skills, and computer skills. You have to show previous experience with effective leadership and managerial skills. Also, you need to reflect incredible decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Benefits of General Manager Position:
- Free meals to the employees
- Competitive Base Pay with outstanding bonus
- 401(K) retirement plan
- Dental, Vision, and Medical Coverage
The General Manager job is a senior-level position. If you are interested in this position, you need to be at least 18 years old.
Job Positions with Hiring Age
- Crew Members: At least 16 years old
- Shift Leader: At least 16 years old with 1-2 experience in handling supervisors position
- Assistant Manager: At least 18 years old with 1-2 years experience in a supervisory role
- Shift/General Manager: At least 18 years old with around 2-4 years experience in supervising
What is the Salary or Hourly Pay of Five Guys Employees?
The salary and wages of Five Guys employees vary as per the location and position. It starts with the minimum wage of $8 per hour for Crew Members. We have listed the Average Hourly Pay as per the position:
- Crew Member: They earn an average hourly wage of $8.72, where the hourly wage varies between $7 – 12 per hour.
- Shift Leader: They get an average wage of $10.62 per hour, where the payment varies between $8 – 13 per hour
- Assistant Manager: Assistant Manager’s hourly payment lies between $8 – 15 per hour. They can earn around $11.94 per hour on average. It can add to the average salary of $34,104 per year.
- General Manager: Instead of hourly payment, general managers get a salary. You can make an average salary of $45,526 per year, where the average salary lies between $30.937 – 57,912 per year.
Perks of Working at Five Guys
Five Guys has recognization not just for restaurant chains but equally for the fun-filled work environment. Five Guys offer attractive perks and benefits to the employees.
Five Guys offers a tuition assistance program to eligible employees to balance work and studies. All the employees get a free meal per shift. The employees with a permanent salary enjoy the benefits such as performance bonus, Paid leave, Paid holiday, Paid time off, 401(K) Retirement Plan, health insurance, dental and vision insurance, etc.
General Managers and Assistant Managers enjoy additional benefits like paid maternity leave for up to 12 months, paid paternity leave, and promotional opportunities in more than 1000 locations.
Also, employees work in a fun, high-energy, and fast-paced work environment with advancement opportunities.
Five Guys is one of the fastest-growing American Restaurant chains offering hamburgers and French fries. Working in Five Guys offers excitement, fun, challenges, and opportunities to advance in your career. Five Guys offers entry-level jobs with various benefits and opportunities to advance in your career. If you want to get hired at Five Guys, you need to fulfill the minimum hiring age of 16 years. Also, you have to acquire specific education, skills, and experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is Five Guy’s minimum hiring age?
To apply for a job at Five Guys, you must fulfill the minimum hiring age of 16 years.
Q: Can a 16-year old apply for a Managerial position at Five Guys?
No, you need to be at least 18 years for managerial positions. Also, you need prior experience in retail or food service management.