Family Dollar Hiring Age – The company, Family Dollar, is an American chain of variety store which was the second-largest discounted retailer in the United States until it was taken over by Dollar Tree. It has more than 8,000 stores and provides employment opportunities to around 60,000 people each year. Their products for purchase include clothing, cleaning appliances, grocery, and home décor pieces as well.
Family Dollar Hiring Age
What are the age factors associated with employment at Family Dollar?
To cope with the age requirements, an interested candidate must know that the company hires an employee only if he or she has attained the minimum age of 16 years for taking hold of a beginner’s deck. They must have all necessary work permits from personal and professional bases and accept the restraints in the number of working hours so that education is not hampered even when finance is a concern. However, a preferable age of 18 years is expected to fill in for other major and minor posts.
To mention the need for educational qualifications, General Educational Development (GED) or High school diploma is the minimum level of obstruction that must be jumped over or held by the seeking employees. The Hiring Process has been discussed below in as much detail as is possible. One shall also get to read much other similar stuff about family dollar hiring, which shall be of importance definitely.
- Online mode of application is definitely an option that can be picked by any interested candidate who has access to an internet connection. Today’s time of rush and competition is the most frequently used method, the safest, and less time-consuming.
- One should visit the careers page and search for Family Dollar from the list of companies displayed. The vacancy job page should catch your eye.
- Next, you must have in mind whether you are up for managerial positions or basic in-store functioning.
- Further, you must fill in your area code, and the address of the nearest store shall be before you.
- You will need to create a profile of yourself if you are a new person willing to get yourself linked with the company or log in to your previous one if you already have an account and then apply for the position you want to serve in as.
- Your account making would require you to proceed with filling in your application details, which will include your name, address, contact information, number, email address, educational qualifications, date of birth, job profile, extraordinary skills, and others.
- The alternative to which shall be uploading a resume that you have created pre – hand.
- This shall be carried forward with a variety of questions to test your knowledge on the job position you have applied for, along with other questions regarding your experience and eligibility of legally being acceptable as a citizen of the United States and possessing the age limit required for the job.
- You might be asked for your consent on drug tests and background checks as well, if at all held in the future, along with your e – signature on it.
- You can, however, visit a store physically and request an application form to be handed over to you, which you can fill in with ink and submit in person for better feedback and considerations, thereby raising the chances of being hired to a great extent.
- Despite the result from Glassdoor Economic Research, as per which it takes around 23 days on an average for an individual to be hired in the United States, it can take up to two weeks to hear back from the Family Dollar hirer depending on the position you have targeted to achieve.
- Interviews are held in person on a one–on–one basis. Typical interview questions coming your way could be as mentioned below,
- How does the thought of employment at Family Dollar make you feel?
- Are you willing to contribute extra work hours of work if need be?
- What are your salary expectations?
- What do you know about the company policies?
- Have you been referred by anyone in the lead?
Staying prepared for anything and everything is a good option to explore in reality than regretting when failure reaches you.
- They do have a background check to complete to ensure the safety and sound service of customers and fellow employees, the results of which can take a time frame of seven days approximately.
- Usually, a drug test is not conducted on a candidate seeking employment unless there are some genuine concerns.
- One should feel free to contact the store directly for any update that you might need on your application or a reason to hold on to hearing from them on the grounds of unnecessary delay.
- There is no compulsion for the seeking employees to have prior experience in the field. One can always undergo training and learn the required abilities needed to work at the store. However, any experience shall always be of benefit to your attaining position.
- A two-day orientation is held to make the new employees well acquainted with their new work surroundings.
What is the Payment rate for different positions at Family Dollar?
On an average the payment rates of several positions have been mentioned below,
- A Cashier makes $ 9 for every hour of work, ranging from $ 8 to $ 11 depending on their services and experience.
- A retail store manager makes around $ 15 ranging from $ 10 to $ 22 per hour,
- An Assistant store manager makes $ 11, and their pay can range from $ 9 to $ 14 per hour.
- A customer service representative (CSR) makes $ 9, and their pay can range from $ 7 to $ 11 per hour.
- A sales associate makes $ 10, and their pay can range from $ 8 to $ 13 per hour.
- A stocker makes $ 9, and their pay can range from $ 7 to $ 13 per hour.
All the payments are made every two weeks, particularly on Thursdays for all the employees. Overtime payments are made to the employees who work for more than 40 hours a week, and one and a half times the regular payment is made to employees working on holidays.
The 10 most basic responsibilities of an employee at Family Dollar is:
- To Greet the Customers with a smile on their face,
- Listen to their complaints and issues and find a proper solution to them,
- Stocking and restocking merchandise.
- Making the bills and receiving accurate payments,
- Guiding the customers accurately,
- Explaining them about Product Policies,
- Telling them of Ongoing Discounts,
- Return Policies,
- Presenting newly launched products and convincing the customers to buy and try them while assuring them of positive response.
- Ensuring customers leave happy and satisfied.
The operational hours of work at Family Dollar are as follows, Monday to Saturday from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm in the night, and on Sunday, it is from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm in the night.
What is the dress code of Family Dollar employees?
Redshirt and khaki pants are the usual attire worn by the working employees. One can have few streaks of colored hair but not a complete changeover. Piercings and tattoos seem acceptable and until they are not offending anyone.
What are the perks and benefits that are offered to an employee working at Family Dollar?
Some of the most basic yet crucial beneficiaries have been listed below,
- Employees are given paid sick leaves along with paid holidays.
- Health Insurance,
- Long Term Disability Insurance,
- Dental Insurance,
- Vision Insurance