Denny’s Diner or simply Denny’s is an American chain of restaurants that is well known for being open to services while operating from 1700 different locations. Although it began as a coffee shop, it now employs 3,100 employees in their public chain, headquartered in Spartanburg, South California, United States, and was found by Harold Butler and Richard Jezak in the year 1953. In this article, we wll be discussing the Denny’s Hiring Age over here and additional details regarding it.
Eligibility – Denny’s Hiring Age
A Minimum age that is required to work at Denny’s is 16 years. None below shall be allowed to work unless there is some genuine concern and has been backed with permissions and relevant skills.
- Applying online through the career portal is one of the two options that can be picked by an interested candidate, while the other is, visiting the store, in-person and then filling in the application in ink against key letters in the online form and submitting it after having taken good care of the handwriting used so as to make it readable.
- You can select between a restaurant career and a corporate career when applying online for better work options.
- The option of printing the application forms and then sending it with the hope of receiving a position at Denny’s is not open to be availed by any interested candidate.
- If you really want a job at a particular place you need to strive for it, if they are not responsive towards your application for whatever reason that may be you must contact them over phone, email or pay them a personal visit and request for an update. This will express your sheer desire to work with the company store and can speed up your hiring process if you are an apt person for the position.
- Attaching a cover letter with your CV or resume is another technique to attract the attention of the viewer towards your profile. This is a picture of your holistic desire to work with them while at the same time you yourself are seen answering the question that is running in their mind, which is, “why should we select this candidate”?
- Your skills and experience shall prove your aptness and make them wish you were a perfect fit for the position.
- Interviews are nothing but a face-to-face discussion of varied topics in general and particular related to the sought-for position so as to check your qualifications that had been mentioned in words in your application. Your availability, work hours, benefits and pay schedule shall also be discussed here.
- Interviews usually do not exceed more than15 minutes and are held on a one on one basis.
- Smart business casual attire should suffice as the dress code for the interview.
- Drug tests are done for corporate employees like supervisors and managers.
- Experience is not the sole key for being hired by the company but the door of employment may partially be opened in your favor on grounds of it.
- A complete background check is a must step in the hiring process of Denny’s.
- There is no strict policy against not considering an applicant with a felony background for a job position at Denny’s, however, it shall also depend on the type of conviction of the held applicant.
The store timings of Denny’s have not been limited to any fixed timeline and is instead open for 24 hours in a day, throughout the week, month and year along with holidays too, due to which an end number of shifts is flexibly available to be worked by varied employees at different positions.
Benefits that can attract a candidate to work at Denny’s are as follows:
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Schedule
- Healthcare Coverage
- Equal Employment Opportunity Provider
The average range of salary has been mentioned below for ten different positions in association with Denny’s stores,
- A dishwasher at Denny’s makes an average amount of $ 10 as their hourly wage which can be as low as $ 8 to as high as $ 12.
- A restaurant manager at Denny’s makes an average amount of $ 13 as their hourly wage which can be as low as $ 10 to as high as $ 16.
- A waiter or waitress at Denny’s irrespective of their sex but with reference to their job profile makes an average amount of $ 6 as their hourly wage which can be as low as $ 3 to as high as $ 14.
- A host or hostess at Denny’s irrespective of their sex but with reference to their job profile makes an average amount of $ 10 as their hourly wage which can be as low as $ 8 to as high as $ 12.
- A line cook at Denny’s makes an average amount of $ 12 as their hourly wage which can be as low as $ 10 to as high as $ 15.
- A server at Denny’s makes an average amount of $ 5 as their hourly wage which can be as low as $ 2 to as high as $ 11.
- A team leader at Denny’s makes an average amount of $ 14 as their hourly wage which can be as low as $9 to as high as $ 19.
- A kitchen manager at Denny’s makes an average amount of $ 13 as their hourly wage which can be as low as $ 10 to as high as $ 17.
- A budget coordinator at Denny’s makes an average amount of $ 25 as their hourly wage which can be as low as $ 17 to as high as $ 34.
- A food service worker makes an average amount of $ 10 as their hourly wage which can be as low as $ 8 to as high as $ 12
All the employees are paid on a bi-weekly basis, mostly on Wednesday or Thursday. In addition, overtime payments are made to any employee serving the store for more than 40 hours a week.
The employees are expected to dress in the color black. Their shirt and apron are provided by the store they sign in to work for, while their shoes, socks, slacks, and belts must be owned by themselves.
The responsibilities of the employees at Denny’s, in general, has been listed below:
- Greeting the customers as and when one has eye contact with them.
- Politeness should always be expressed in words and actions.
- Taking orders, preparing them cautiously with all safety protocols being followed, and delivering them accurately at the right place.
- Communicating the role of varied individuals in the team effortlessly and willingly without any added pressure just as it had been mentioned.
- Possessing a friendly attitude with co-workers, superiors as well as the customers on the table who are to be served happily ensuring they have a good time there.
- Not giving air to any misconceptions, fights, or arguments in the workplace.
- Dressing professionally without any scope of complaints of body exposure from any end.
- Not trying to force any customer or make them feel pressured to leave a tip behind for your services.
- Ensuring you have provided the best of your services without letting your personal work interfere in your professional space of work.
- Being on time for your shift so as to not affect the smooth functioning of the work allotted.