Carter’s works as the retailer and manufacturer of children-specific clothing. With headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, the company offers job opportunities across the chain of more than 1000 stores in the United States. It includes entry-level and senior-level positions as per Carter’s hiring age and other requirements.
Carter’s offers various job opportunities to entry-level, part-time, and full-time positions. To get into the entry-level position, you must fulfill Carter’s minimum hiring age of 16 years. While to join the management team, you need to be at least 18 years old and carry prior experience in retail management.
If you want to apply for a job position at Carter’s, we have listed all the necessary details in this article. Read further to know more about Carter’s hiring age, job positions, and employee benefits.
What are the Job Positions offered at Carter’s?
Carter’s offers various entry-level and part-time job positions throughout its retail stores. It ensures flexible working hours and competitive pay. While the talented candidates hold prior experience in retail or similar roles, they can get recruited as Managers or Supervisors. For management positions, candidates should fulfill the minimum hiring age criteria of 18 years.
The retail chain prefers employees interested in fashion and possesses the skills to interact in a friendly way with the customers or small children. Employees will come in continuous contact with the children throughout the day. They need to maintain a friendly and professional attitude all the time. The talented candidates will get various benefits for continuously interacting with children.
Job positions offered at Carter’s
Carter’s hires candidates at the entry-level position with a minimum age of 16 years. Many other opportunities require applicants to be at least 18 years old. Better experience and educational qualifications will help you get into a better job position, earn higher pay, and become eligible for various benefits.
Here are some of the popular job positions offered at Carter’s:-
Carter’s hires job seekers on a part-time basis at the Sales Associate position. Sales Associates at Carter’s maintain a positive environment by interacting effectively with coworkers and customers. Sales Associates perform various duties.
Responsibilities of Sales Associate at Carter’s:-
- They have to answer customer queries related to products, policies, and services.
- They need to greet all the customers
- They help in maximizing sales and stores profit
- They need to ensure that customers are satisfied with products and services.
- They handle the working of cashiers.
- They assist with ringing up the purchases.
- They are assigned to handle all the exchanges, returns, and refunds at the front end of Carter’s stores.
- They monitor the store organization and ensure it stay neat and clean
Requirements for Carter’s Sales Associate position:-
- Carter’s offers the Sales Associate job as an entry-level position. To enter this role, you don’t need to acquire any specific qualifications.
- If you want to work as Sales Associate, you have to be physically fit and healthy to stand for long hours and complete the work quickly.
- You need to gain a decent understanding of products and possess excellent communications skills. It will help in providing product recommendations to customers.
- You have to be effective with time management to work even on weekends and night schedules.
Carter’s provides Stock Associates job as the part-time position. Stock Associates need to handle various responsibilities at Carter’s.
Responsibilities of Stock Associate at Carter’s:-
- They handle the responsibility of building products displays.
- They manage the duty of stocking store shelves.
- They have to receive shipments.
- They handle the task of breaking down products packaging.
- They organize the store by managing storage areas and sales floors.
Requirements of Carter’s Stock Associate:-
- Carter’s Stock Associate needs to be physically fit and healthy.
- Candidates need to reflect great work ethics to get an edge over others.
- Applicants are required to be well-disciplined for the timely completion of tasks.
- Also, physical stamina help with the lifting and standing work throughout the day.
Carter’s provides full-time opportunities to talented and interested candidates in a managerial or supervisory role. If you are interested in getting into a full-time position and earning a good salary package, you can apply for a Store Managers position.
Responsibilities of Store Manager at Carter’s:-
- They need to train and supervise the employees or coworkers.
- They assist with preparing schedules for the other employees.
- They oversee the decisions like the hiring of staff members.
- They need to ensure that the customers are entirely satisfied with the services.
- They monitor inventory levels and order more items whenever required.
- They perform administrative works like managing budgets, maintaining financial records, etc.
- They motivate the sales team to achieve the sales goals.
- They coordinate with the customers by addressing their complaints and concerns.
Requirements for Carter’s Store Manager position:-
- If you are interested in getting into the Store Manager position at Carter’s, you need to fulfill some essential requirements.
- You need to hold a bachelor’s degree in Business Management.
- For this managerial position, you should acquire at least a year of experience in retail management.
- You need to hold strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have to reflect excellent leadership skills to handle the retail store and manage all the employees.
- You need to maintain skills to manage multiple tasks, give instructions, and set priorities.
What is the Hourly Pay/Salary of Carter’s Employees?
Carter’s provides hourly pay or salary as per the job position, experience, and skills. The entry-level or part-time role offers hourly wage, while full-time jobs like managerial positions provide attractive salary packages and other benefits.
Here is the list of some popular job positions salaries as per glassdoor.com:-
Sales Associate: Sales Associates at Carter’s earns an average pay of $10 per hour. The average salary can vary between $8-$17 per hour.
Stock Associate: For the physically demanding work, Carter’s pays Stock Associate an average salary of $10 per hour. The hourly pay range between $10-$13.
Store Manager: Carter’s offers a fixed salary package for full-time jobs like managerial or supervisory positions. Carter’s pays Store Manager with an average salary of $51,959 per year in the United States.
What is Carter’s Hiring Age?
Carter’s hires employees with a minimum age of 16 years. It includes entry-level and part-time positions that require minimum education and little to no experience. Some of the entry-level roles at Carter’s include Sales Associate, cashier, etc.
To get into other administrative or managerial roles like Store Manager, you need to attain hiring age of 18 years. Other than that, you need to hold a college degree in the appropriate course and prior experience in retail management.
What are the Perks or Benefits of working at Carter’s?
Carter does not only take care of its customers but also supports employees’ well-being and health. It offers benefits that cover employees’ careers and other lifestyle requirements.
Some of the Perks or Benefits offered to Carter’s Employees include:-
Health and Well Being
To Full Time Employees
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Voluntary Coverage such as identity theft protection, accident expense, hospital indemnity plans
- Legal benefit plan
- Dedicated spending and saving accounts
- Disability, Life, and AD&D coverage
- Second Medical Opinion
- Virtual Physical therapy and virtual visits
- Medical program for children facing developmental disabilities
- Healthcare price transparency tool
To Part-Time Employees
- Voluntary Health and Wealth Benefits
- Dental, Vision and Medical plans
- Life Insurance and Disability Plans
- 401(K) Saving Plans after completing several hours
- Get a generous discount on purchasing products from Carters or OshKosh stores.
- Can participate in Carter’s Rewarding Moments program that saves $10 on every future purchase of $100.
Savings and Retirement Benefits
- Carter’s 401(K) Plan for future financial security
- Potential annual employer match according to employees contributions
- $500 contribution to new parents in Carter’s 529 college savings plan for securing children’s education
- Paid Time-Off to eligible workers
- Paid parental leave of around four weeks
- Carter’s helps the employees in gaining further education.
- Carter’s Tuition Assistance Program offers eligible employees book and tuition expense coverage. The course should be related to the job position and conducted under an accredited institution.
- Paid Volunteer Time each year for supporting any charitable organization of your choice
- Employees may be qualified for companies matching gift contributions.
- Parents can even work in their children’s school and earn around 250 grants for their children’s school.
- All the employees get access to a free online shop with exclusive employee discounts on hundreds of products.
- Savings on travel, tickets, clothing, cars, restaurants, groceries, electronics, groceries, and more
What are the tips for applying at Carter’s?
You can apply for job positions at Carter’s through the website’s career section or by visiting nearby Carter’s retail stores. During application submission and interview, you can follow these tips:-
- You can highlight some essential skills in your resume. It includes interpersonal, communication, and marketing skills.
- You need to demonstrate abilities such as greeting customers, directing customers throughout the store layouts, and offering buyers product suggestions.
- You have to prepare yourself for answering customer service-related questions. You can use the prior experience gained in working with the public.
Carter’s is a unique retailer and manufacturer focusing on Children’s Clothing. With more than 1000 locations throughout the United States, it currently employs around 20,000 workers. It includes both part-time and full-time job opportunities.
If you are interested in applying for job positions at Carter’s, you need to fulfill Carter’s hiring age of 16 years. It is only limited to entry-level part-time jobs.
For full-time positions like managerial or supervisory roles, you must reach the age criteria of 18 years. Along with that, you need to obtain prior experience and excellent customer service skills for better career opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the popular job positions offered by Carters?
Carter’s offers various job positions to both part-time and full-time employees. Some of them include sales representatives, assistant managers, cash keepers, and store managers.
Q: What is the minimum hiring age to work at Carter’s?
Carter’s hires talented candidates with a minimum hiring age of 16 years. It includes the entry-level position offered on a part-time basis.
Q: Can 16 years old apply for Managerial positions?
No, the minimum hiring age for managerial positions at Carter’s is 18 years old. Also, you need to hold a bachelor’s degree in Business Management and at least a year of experience in retail management.