Ace Hardware is an American hardware retail company with more than 5,200 locations in different areas, making itself the world’s largest non – grocery chain. It is headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, United States. The company opens the doorways of employment to more than seven thousand people across the globe. Over here, we will be discussing the Ace Hardware Hiring Age and other benefits here.
Ace Hardware Hiring Age
What is the age restriction that the company has set for hiring new candidates?
The minimum age of 18 years old must be possessed by an interested applicant to be considered for a position in the company. None below that is considered to be a valid applicant. However, others might try their luck by visiting and personally inquiring at the store or overcall.
There is a great deal of knowledge that ought to be known by anyone seeking a job in any Company whatsoever. For Ace Hardware, all the information shall be provided in this very article, so start scrolling and enjoy this one-step information guide that shall solve all your doubts and needs.
- Both entry-level and management positions are available to be filled in by candidates with little or zero experience for full-time as well as part-time job offers.
- Application forms can be printed, filled in, and then submitted physically at the store of your nearest location.
- One would be asked to fill in their name, address, contact number, degrees, skills, qualifications, email, city name, and area code initially.
- Later questions regarding the confirmation of your age being above 18 need to be answered, along with providing valid proof of having legal citizenship with no criminal background.
- Your availability in the number of hours for work, your salary expectations, and your experience as well shall be sought for. Be honest about yourself and your expectations too.
- Applying online is usually an option that is readily made available for all hiring’s and Ace Hardware is no exception.
- In order to express your firm conclusion of working at their respective store, you must check on your application status within a few days after submitting your application via call, email, or physical visits so that they can invite you to take up their interview a little earlier than they would have wanted you to do.
- If your application is worth acceptance based on your skills, experience, and knowledge on varied grounds you shall be called in for the interview and a personal face to face check of all details mentioned in the application along with others shall be made before a decision on whether to hire you or not shall be made.
- If you pass the interview stage of the hiring process which is usually considered to be the most difficult of all, your application shall be forwarded for the last few formalities before formal employment and deliverance of an offer letter.
- Drug tests are usually not conducted during the hiring process.
- Background checks are conducted to look in for criminal backgrounds in an applicant’s life history if being considered for the job.
- Entry-level position seekers can get their job in approximately a week’s duration while others seeking higher positions might take a little longer and might cost them to spend two weeks of time to sometimes a month as well.
What is the various pay structure of Ace Hardware employees positioned at different work areas?
The hourly pay rates of various positions in Ace Hardware company on an average basis are mentioned below:-
- A Cashier is paid $ 10 on an average ranging from $ 8 to $ 14 for every hour of work that is done by the employee.
- A sales associate is paid $ 11 on an average ranging from $ 9 to $ 16 for every hour of work that is done by the employee.
- A retail store manager is paid $ 15 on an average ranging from $ 11 to $ 22 for every hour of work that is done by the employee.
- An assistant manager is paid $ 14 on an average ranging from $ 10 to $ 20 for every hour of work that is done by the employee.
- A key holder is paid $ 13 on an average ranging from $ 9 to $ 17 for every hour of work that is done by the employee.
- A maintenance technician is paid $ 16 on an average ranging from $ 11 to $ 21 for every hour of work that is done by the employee.
- A retail supervisor is paid $ 17 on an average ranging from $ 11 to $ 24 for every hour of work that is done by the employee.
- A floor supervisor is paid $ 15 on an average ranging from $ 10 to $ 21 for every hour of work that is done by the employee.
- A stock clerk is paid $ 14 on an average ranging from $ 11 to $ 18 for every hour of work that is done by the employee.
- A shift supervisor is paid $ 11 on an average ranging from $ 9 to $ 16 for every hour of work that is done by the employee.
All the payments are made every two weeks, that is, on a bi-weekly basis, on the first and fifteenth of each month, to be specific about the pay dates.
What do the employees wear during their work hours?
- An employee is seen wearing a company-provided shirt over cargo pants or shorts along with tennis or steel-toed shoes on their feet.
- To answer the question that might be popping in your mind so as to what should you preferably choose to wear for an interview, you can dress in khaki pants under polo or button-up shirts.
- The allowing or disallowing of dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings are up to the manager of the store in which you are working. So you shall have to reach out to the store heads for that clarity, however mostly the hair color is expected to be natural and not offensive along with others being hidden in the work premises.
Some interview questions that might reach out to your hearing senses when seated in front of the team of hirers are as follows,
- What were your primary responsibilities in the previous job?
- Why did you quit?
- How many years of work experience do you have in this sphere of work?
- Do you have any questions to ask? (A small tip to this is to always ask professional work-related questions and never anything linked with their personal life that you might have heard or read about)
- Mention your greatest strengths?
- How many companies have you worked for up till now?
- Are you a consistent worker?
- Do you think you are good at effective communication?
- Rate your leadership skills from the range of 1 to 10.
One must never sound too proud of their skills when mentioning them to the team. On the other hand, they must never be too loud when speaking and must avoid being a soft-spoken person too. Reaching a little early, say 10 to 15 minutes ahead of their scheduled interview, is a good sign for your punctuality.
What kinds of benefits can you avail yourself of if willing to work at Ace Hardware?
A list of benefits for employees have been provided below,
- 401k Retirement Plans
- Tuition Assistance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Profit-Sharing Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Enjoyable Work Environments
- Break Rooms
- Games Rooms
- Flexible Hours of Work
- Employee Discounts