5 Below is a public American discount retail company founded by Tom Vellios and David Schlessinger that operates over 1000 shops in various regions and employs over 13,000 people. They deal with various items, including sports, school, technology, bath, body, sweets, drinks, accessories, and so on. The age requirement for Five Below Hiring is 16 years. The firm is quite particular about the age of its employees, and no children are permitted to work there. To learn more about the hiring procedure, the employee dress code, the hours of work necessary, the perks offered to workers, the duties and positions of work, as well as the hourly pay rate, scroll down your screen and continue reading.
Age of Hiring
The following are the steps in the hiring of age process:
- An online application may be completed by going to Five Below’s career page and filling out your area and preferences to receive the best job application discounts.
- Attach correct personal information, such as your name, education, address, and phone number, as well as job experience, if any, and relevant skills and talents that demonstrate your suitability for the position you’ve applied for.
- Add a cover letter for extra consideration, and don’t forget to submit your resume, which is the most crucial step.
- There are no applications that can be printed. As a result, you’ll have to abandon your plan of filling out your application form with a pen and then physically presenting it to the shop for greater consideration.
- You may or may not be required to perform an assessment to demonstrate that the skills you described fit the job profile you applied for. There’s no need to be concerned because it’s a simple approach for the recruiting staff to assess your qualifications.
- After the applications have been screened, the short-listed candidates will be called for a face-to-face interview in the shop. You will be asked a series of questions in order to determine whether you are qualified for the role.
The following are some examples of possible interview questions:
- Why did you decide to apply to work with us?
- What are your impressions of the company?
- Have you been referred to someone?
- What are your advantages and disadvantages?
- Are your services able to bring value to the company?
- What do you think you’ll be doing in the next several years?
- What has been your previous job experience?
- What are your availability and expected salary?
It is critical to prepare and maintain these fundamental questions on hand to stand out throughout the interview. You may also prepare a list of questions to ask the team if they approach you and say, “Do you have any queries for which we can provide answers?” Take advantage of this chance to demonstrate your interest, as seen by your research and promptness in responding. Please submit your interview. If you are chosen, you will be called as soon as possible for orientation and training, after which you will be given an offer letter and invited to join the team formerly. There is no drug rests necessarily. On the other hand, background checks are frequent to check for the presence of any felon’s history.
If you’re not sure what to dress on the day of your interview, keep reading to find out:
Formals are often chosen for any interviewee. However, business casuals can also be worn to seem professional while still providing some comfort. Although first impressions do indeed matter, you will not hire someone only based on their first impression. At the same time, don’t let your lack of dressing abilities cause you to miss out on a chance. So, for an interview, dress up and make a good impression.
How can I apply for a job at Five Below?
The most frequent way to apply for a job at Five Below is through their online application site.
Information on the Application
- Minimum Age Requirement: To work at Five Below, you must be at least 16 years old.
- Five Below is open Monday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Methods of Application: Interested applicants should fill out an online application and send it to Five Below.
Putting in an Application for a Job
To apply for a job, you must first look for a shop in your region using the procedures outlined above. After you’ve decided on a store, you may begin filling out the employment application. Your essential information, such as your name, address, and phone number, will be requested first. You’ll also be asked a series of questions regarding your previous job experience at Five Below, your age, and your legal status to work in the United States.
How long does it take to complete the recruiting process?
Many candidates wonder how much time they will need to commit for the full procedure to be completed. However, candidates in Group Five should be delighted to learn that the offer letter is occasionally delayed for a few days or even a week before being authorized by HR. In the event of an unwelcome delay, customers should not hesitate to call the business. But, to be safe, don’t start prodding and questioning until a week has passed.
At Five Below, what are the different shifts?
The store is open from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday and from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday.
What are the varying pay rates for various roles at the Five Below?
The following are the average hourly wages for various positions:
- An hourly wage for a sales assistant is $ 10, with compensation ranging from $ 8 to $ 13.
- The typical hourly wage for a merchandising manager is $ 15, with compensation ranging from $ 11 to $ 20.
- An assistant store manager earns an hourly wage of $ 15 on average, ranging from $ 11 to $ 20.
- The average hourly wage for a retail shop assistant manager is $ 13, with compensation ranging from $ 10 to $ 18.
- An hourly wage for a keyholder is $ 13, with compensation ranging from $ 9 to $ 17.
- In an hour, a cashier earns an average of $ 10, ranging from $ 8 to $ 13.
- A team leader earns an hourly wage of $ 15 on average, ranging from $ 10 to $ 19.
- All employee payments are made every two weeks on a bi-weekly basis.
What are the different advantages of working at Five Below?
- Coverage for medical expenses
- Dental, vision and health insurance are all available.
- Plans for retirement
- Discount for employees of 20%
- Vacation time that is paid
The tasks of a few roles have been briefly discussed here.
- A stocker’s main responsibilities include loading and unloading products, keeping track of arriving and departing shipments, lifting or dragging large objects, and being on their feet for the duration of their shift. They are rarely seen with clients, though, because they work in the back office.
- A sales associate’s job is to assist and advise clients in finding what they’re looking for in the vast environment. They need to be courteous and patient. At the same time, they must be informed of the location, amount, and price of each item on the shelf.
- A cashier’s job is to correctly charge the products purchased, taking into account any current discounts or deals.
Anyone can find a job with the prerequisite that their age is more than 16 years and various sectors. The pay for these jobs is also appreciable, and the amount of time one has to put into work is also comfortable.