Flight attendant jobs are considered one of the greatest career options. This job offers a massive number of benefits. So, these responsible posts never really run out of their employees. Whenever they announce their vacancy, people start to apply for the available posts. You have to be lucky enough if you have been able to get through the exams and received the invitation for the interview. We know how important it is to you to crack the final round of selection. We also know that you have taken enough preparation to get through this. Right now, what you need is some tips on the outfit that you should wear to the interview. We will try our best to provide you with some useful tips here. So, today’s topic- What to wear to a flight attendant interview?
Before we start, we need you to know that flight attendant employees need to be presentable every time. That is why the jury will judge you by your get-up in the interview. If you are wearing the right outfit, the chance of getting hired increases automatically. So, we will ask you not to take this whole thing lightly.
Outfit for Women
Most women have a good dressing sense. For them, it is easy to decide what will look good on them and they dress up accordingly. But these women get confused when it comes to interviews. This is not something abnormal. A stressed head and anxious mind always need confirmation from someone else. And we think, while selecting the outfit, it is better to ask someone for his/her guidance (if you are not confident enough) than ending up as a mess. Here we are trying to be your guide.
Dress: Women generally wear a blouse and skirt to a flight attendant interview. Some of them wear suits and pants to a flight attendant interview as the work setting wants its employees to wear formal clothing.
- Blouse: While selecting a blouse, always choose a solid color, like – white, off-white, baby pink. Make sure your blouse is in the right condition, it has no creases. If it has, iron it before wearing it.
Use light color innerwear, to make sure that they can’t be seen by employers.
Insert your blouse in the pants or skirt to look smarter.
- Skirt: Choose a skirt which is contrasted with your blouse. Suppose – you have chosen a white blouse, then go for a black skirt. If you are going to wear a beige blouse, opt for a dark blue skirt. For a black blouse, go for a grey skirt.
Your skirt must be solid-colored.
Choose a skirt that fits well.
Try it out before the final day. If you feel uncomfortable, reject it.
Your skirt length should be medium.
If the skirt is too tight, try something else.
- Suit: If you want to wear a suit, go for neutral color suits, like – black, navy blue, grey, tan.
The suit should be in proper condition as well.
You do not need to purchase a new one for this interview purpose. If you already have a suit, give that a try, and do not forget to iron it for the interview day.
- Pant: Your pants should go well with your suit. If you have chosen a black suit, then try black pants, if your suit is grey, go for grey pants, and navy blue pants for a navy blue suit.
Make sure your pants are not too tight, you may have to bend, walk. If it is too tight, you will feel uncomfortable. This can shift your attention from the interview to something else.
Make sure the color of your pants has not faded.
Ankle-length pants are pretty attractive. You can try those.
Don’ts🡪 Do not wear colorful suits. Avoid transparent blouses. Do not wear casual dresses.
Shoes: Shoes in an interview play a big role. You have to be very selective when it comes to your shoes. Women wear heels to interview.
- Pumps, short wedges are good options for a flight attendant interview.
- If you are not comfortable in heels, try flat, close-toed shoes.
- Go for solid-colored shoes.
- Make sure that your shoes are in the right condition. If not, go to a cobbler and mend that.
Don’ts🡪 Do not wear extremely high heels, stilettos, platforms, chunky heels. Do not go for crazy patterns. Do not wear colorful shoes. Avoid open-toed shoes as much as possible.
Tights: Tights are mandatory for flight attendant female interviewees.
- Try neutral color tights.
- Black tights are always a yes-yes option that you should go with.
- Give it a try before the interview day.
Don’ts🡪 Do not wear colorful tights.
Accessories: Your accessories should be minimum. Do not wear heavy pieces of jewelry.
- Try some classy watches to look classy.
- You can try simple pearl top earrings.
- A simple gold chain is considerable.
Don’ts🡪 Do not wear a heavy necklace or earrings. Remove piercings except for the earrings, if you have any. Do not wear a nose pin. Hide your tattoos, if you have any.
Bag: Women always carry a bag with them.
- A neutral color tote bag is a good option for women.
- Leather bags are quite classy.
Don’ts🡪 Do not carry clutches, sling bags. You have to look professional, do not forget that.
Outfit for transwomen
Transwomen must try the tips given to the women. If you follow these tips, we hope you will be able to make a great impression. Do not be anxious about your looks. Wear confidence and a beautiful smile. These will be enough to make your space.
Don’ts 🡪 Do not think of trying menswear to hide your real identity. Your body movements and gestures will convey what you are. If you are not willing to reveal your true self, you are not confident enough about your own identity. This is a drawback in an employee’s character that is not expected.
Outfit for men
Men also need to have a good sense of dressing. They need to know how important it is to dress up properly for an interview. And when it comes to flight attendant interviews, you need to be extra conscious about your outfit.
Dress: Men put on suits and shirts along with a tie.
- Suit: Select a single-breasted, well-fitted suit. Go for solid-colored suits. Black, brown, grey, navy blue are the best options. You can always say yes to these options. Men often buy new suits for interviews. We know perfection is necessary, but you do not need to buy new suits for it. Just make sure that your suit fits well and its color has not faded.
- Shirt: Go for a white shirt. The white shirt goes well with every suit.
- Tie: Choose a tie that is contrasted with your shirt. If you are wearing a white shirt, wear a black tie.
Don’ts🡪 Do not wear something that does not fit. Do not wear neon colors or printed shirts. Do not wear colorful, bright ties.
Shoes: Men should wear classic shoes while going to a flight attendant interview.
- Wear Oxfords, Derby, Monk strap.
- Always say yes to leather shoes.
- During the selection, always make sure your shoe is going well with your suit. If you are wearing a black suit opt for black shoes, for a blue suit, go for brown shoes. You can pick up a cordovan shoe.
- Make sure that your shoes are polished.
Don’ts🡪 Do not wear flip-flops, sandals, sneakers. You need to remember that the work setting is not business casual. You need to look presentable.
Socks: Some people make mistakes by thinking that their socks won’t be seen by the jury. Here they are completely wrong. Minute details will be seen and You will be judged by those. We request you not to take it casually.
- Choose a pair of socks that matches the color of your shoes, like – black socks for black shoes.
Don’ts🡪 Do not wear colorful socks, it is too much distracting. Do not even try stripe patterns. Go for plain socks.
Accessories: As we said, you will be observed thoroughly. Your accessories won’t be neglected. So, you need to be careful while selecting your accessories. One mistake can ruin everything.
- Your belt should be a perfect match for your shoes. Always pick up a solid-colored leather belt.
- A classy wristwatch makes you look classier. Choose a good wristwatch.
Don’ts🡪 Do not wear fabric belts or printed belts.
Bag: Men also carry bags with them to their workplaces.
- A neutral color briefcase can be carried or laptop bags are okay as well.
Don’ts🡪 Do not go for colorful bags or bags that are bright in color.
Outfit for trans men
Trans men are requested to follow the tips that are mentioned for men. You are aware of your true identity. Follow your soul. We know you can do it.
Don’ts🡪 Do not listen to others, do not let your confidence get down. Do not be a pessimist.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I prepare for a flight attendant interview?
Go through the official website of the company, get a handle on their requirements, work on those and stay positive.
- How would I deal with failure if I get rejected in the interview?
You should see it as a lesson rather than a failure. Sometimes a change of perspective is needed for our betterment.
- Shall I be able to join as a flight attendant if I fail once?
You can. You have learned from your past mistakes. That will help you to reach your goal.
You all came this far and we know the path was not smooth. You have struggled a lot. We hope your hard work will pay off. We wish you all the best.