Quaker Oats Careers – Quaker oats company, a subsidiary of PepsiCo since 2001, is an American food conglomerate headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, US. It is popularly known as Quaker. Now owned by PepsiCo, it was founded in 1901, with the merger of four oat mills dealing in oats, oatmeal ( porridge), cereal, snacks. In addition, it has a subsidiary, Gatorade. With the wide range of product lines specializing in oats, the food manufacturing company provides a wide range of job opportunities in different product lines offered by it.
Quaker Oats Careers
The staff at Quaker comes from different backgrounds and forms diverse demographics. According to zippia.com, the company includes 41.1% female and 34.1% ethnic minorities. It offers a variety of jobs in manufacturing, selling, and management departments. The majority of the jobs offered are entry-level jobs, but being one of the USA’s largest companies provides immense opportunities for career growth. According to dnb.com, Quaker oats company has 10,000 employees across all the locations and makes about $827.99 million in sales. In the Quaker oats corporate family, there are 3,249 companies.
The job opportunities can be found in the company’s production, manufacturing, sale, customer support, and general administration. Most entry-level jobs are associates working in the warehouse, manufacturing, customer support, delivery, sale, and distribution. Further job opportunities are available throughout the company structure as it is the wholly-owned subsidiary of PepsiCo, so there are immense job opportunities for the employees. There are opportunities for promotion from within the company from one product line to another from subsidiary to parent. In the company, on-the-job training is provided for better functioning. Previous work experience is always good during the application process and final selection. At entry-level worker has to show their commitment to the work as well as the company. They should be dedicated, energetic, focused and must possess the quality of multitasking. The company offers to work in part-time as well as full-time working shifts. Manufacturing plants run day and night and at weekends as well.
Various Job Positions Offered in Quaker
Human resource manager, Sales associate, customer support, administrative assistant, maintenance mechanic, truck driver, delivery men, technicians, machine operators, merchandiser, forklift operator, warehouse keeper, business analyst, financial analyst, and manager, general laborer; other jobs include marketing director, finance director, brand manager, supply chain lead, network administrator, etc.
Generally, a person who wishes to work at Quaker oats must be above 18 years of age, which is the minimum age requirement for all employees. In education, for entry-level jobs, a high school diploma or general education diploma (GED) is the minimum educational requirement. For some positions, specific requirements, certifications or skills are required. For jobs like drivers, commercial driver’s licenses (CDL) is mandatory. Besides that, drivers may need to know how to operate forklifts, pallet jacks, or hand trucks for loading and unloading.
They must show some muscle power to do heavy works. In addition, you must have strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills, thorough product knowledge, data entry knowledge, and a problem-solving responsive attitude for customer service or a sales associate. Production associates include various employees such as laborers, sanitation workers, processing and packaging employees, and inspectors. Warehouse workers must possess physical propensities to fulfill their duties such as lifting, bending, etc. They also have to operate machinery and warehouse equipment as well. For other managerial posts, you must possess specific educational and experience requirements as per the nature of the work.
A minimum of 18 years of age is the basic requirement for most entry-level jobs in the company. However, there is no maximum age limit. As a result, the company has great employee retention, with the employees normally staying for 4-6 years.
Quaker oats company is one of the largest food manufacturing and production companies in the United States. The payout in the form of salary is pretty good and better than many other competitors.
According to career bliss, the employee’s average annual salary is $51,000 annually or $25 per hour. A controller earns the highest at $1,11,000 per year. It is 26% more than the national average controller salary, $85,000 per year, and 74% more than the average Quaker oats salary of $51,000 per year. The lowest-paid job at Quaker oats is of forklift driver with $30,000 per year. It is 14% more than the national average annual salary, which is $26,000 per year and 51% less than the average Quaker oats salary of $51,000 annually.
Other employees can be shown as:
|Sanitation team leader||$80,000 per year||73% more than national average salary|
|Machine operator||$38,000 per year||23% more than the national average salary|
|Accounts payable specialist||$48,000 per year||34% more than the national average salary|
|Operations supervisor||$65,000 per year||28% more than the national average salary|
|Accounting supervisor||$64,000 per year||6% more than the national average salary|
|Inventory control||$63,000 per year||40% more than the national average salary|
|Manager||$61,000 per year||17% more than the national average salary|
|Maintenance technician||$52,000 per year||26% more than the national average salary|
|Process technology manager||$1,11,000 per year||4% less than the national average salary|
|Senior engineer||$1,11,000 per year||26% more than the national average salary|
|Senior HR manager||$1,11,000 per year||19% more than the national average salary|
|Maintenance manager||$1,06,000 per year||40% more than the national average salary|
According to zippia, the average salary of an employee at Quaker is $54,584 per year. Salary comparison according to zippia is as follows:
|Job Position||Average Salary|
|Marketing director||$144,189 per year|
|Finance director||$142,000 per year|
|Brand manager||$110,367 per year|
|Sales associate||$100,973 per year|
|Supply chain lead||$93,088 per year|
|Senior finance analyst||$87,146 per year|
|Occupational health nurse||$81,943 per year|
|Laboratory technician||$50,655 per year|
According to job-application.com, a customer service or sales associate earns around $16 an hour. The average salary ranges between $35,000 – $50,000 per year, whereas a production associate typically earns around $16 an hour.
Following table shows the salary comparison of different companies:
|Company||Average Annual Salary|
|Armstrong world industries||$63,050|
Application for various jobs is made through the official website of the company www.quakerjobs.com .there is a search menu titled search jobs carrying boxes such as:
- Job Family- where you will find the categories of jobs available such as maintenance mechanic or operator, to select the category you want to apply for.
- Location- here, you have to select from the available place options where you want a job.
- Zip Code- you have to fill out the zip code for the location you are applying for
- Distance- in this column, you can select the distance you want to apply for the job.
- Click on the search button, and in the next window, several jobs under the selected category at selected locations will be displayed along with the details of the job, requirements, salary, and other details.
- Click on the apply now button, and you can apply directly. A form will be opened next. Fill out your basic details, accurate educational and related experience details, and upload necessary documents as asked for. It will take from fifteen minutes to half an hour. For the sake of convenience and speed up the process, you should gather all the documents required and make them ready to be uploaded.
You can also refer that job to a friend by clicking at the mail your friend option whom you think is fit for that particular job.
After the completion of the application, applicants receive confirmation of completion of the application through email. The if the candidates are found competent, the HR managers typically contact them within two weeks for initial interviews. Many people apply for various job positions at Quaker, so there may not be direct contact with the HR or manufacturing leaders.
Benefits of Working in Quaker Oats
Being one of the leading food items manufacturing companies and as the subsidiary of PepsiCo, Quaker oats company provides a wide range of complete benefits packages. It provides excellent salary as compared to other of its competitors as mentioned in the above paragraphs. It also provides you the flexible working hours. It offers part-time as well as full-time job opportunities to its employees.
The complete package of benefits of working in the Quaker oats company includes:
- Competitively Good Pay
- Flexible Working Hours
- Medical Benefits such as health insurance covering dental, vision, and disability coverage
- Comprehensive Retirement Benefits such as company-funded pensions which are paid 100 percent by the company, 401(k) retirement plans.
- Parental Leave
- Car Discount Scheme
- Education, training, tuition, certification assistance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Discounts on mobiles, electronics, and entertainment.
Being a large company with a diverse product range, you always have promotions by upgrading your education, technique and gaining more experience. The company prefers to promote from within for supervisor and managerial positions. Being the subsidiary of PepsiCo, you also have the chance of shifting to the parent company based on your qualification, so you have the benefits of further opportunities throughout the company structure.
According to the reviews of the company’s employees and research, Quaker oats company has a great working environment, though working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, sometimes employees have to work 12 hours a day. The company also runs on weekends with no break as it is one of the largest companies in the United States. With the exceptional work benefits, retirement benefits, and career growth opportunities, Quaker oats company is among the best companies to work for.
According to zippia, Quaker oats ranked as:
- 22nd position in best manufacturing companies in America.
- 25th in best companies to work in Illinois.
- 1st in the best manufacturing company to work in Illinois.
There are various online portals giving information about the job openings at the Quaker oats. You can also visit the official website of the company as mentioned above under the heading application process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What kind of job opportunities are there at Quaker oats company? Due to the large size of the organization, there is a wide range of jobs throughout the company structure. There are entry-level jobs such as sales associates, drivers, machine technicians, machine operators, etc. There are also managerial posts such as supervisors, managers, accounts specialists, brand managers, etc.
- What is the highest salary paid by the Quaker oats? According to career bliss, a controller makes the company’s highest salary, earning $111,000 on average per year. It is 26% more than the average national annual salary for a controller and 74% more than the average annual salary of Quaker company.
- What is the average salary paid to a Quaker oats employee? On average, Quaker oats employees’ annual salary is $51,000 per year.
- Can we apply online for jobs at Quaker oats company? For various job openings at squeaker oats, the online application can be made through the official website of the company www.qaukerjobs.com. the detailed application process is mentioned in the above paragraph under the heading “application process.”
- Do Quaker employees get a pension after retirement? Quaker employees get a complete benefits package that includes after and after job benefits in the form of retirement benefits. In addition, the Quaker oats company pays the pension 100%, and there is the enrollment of the employees in 401(k) retirement plans.
- How much a Quaker employee makes an hour? A Quaker employee earns around $25 an hour.
- What is the working scenario at Quaker oats? Being one of the largest food manufacturing companies, Quaker oats company is operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Therefore, it works day and night. According to some employees reviews, there are long working hours. However, there is a healthy and competitive working environment.
- What is the average retention period of the Quaker oats? The company has good retention of employees, with the average working period ranges between 4-6 years. It is more than some of its competitors.
- How can we find job openings at the Quaker oats company? There are various online job portals providing information on the job openings at the Quaker. You can also visit the official site of the company www.quakerjobs.com.
- What is the nature of the quaker oats company? It is in the food industry, a private company, and a wholly-owned subsidiary of PepsiCo’s parent company.
Recent Job Openings
Following are some of the job openings in Quaker oats:
- Maintenance Mechanic – Danville, Illinois
- Wages $21.33 an hour during 480 hours probationary period after that $32.81 an hour
- Maintenance Mechanic – Bridgeview, Illinois
- Full-Time Operations Technician – Bridgeview, Illinois
- Usual working hours 40-50 hours per week, it may vary.
- Part-Time Operations Technicians – Bridgeview, Illinois
- Usual working hours, 20-29 hours per week, may vary
- Production Associate: Non-Permanent – Danville, Illinois
- Starting at $17 per hour. If retained, after 5 years, it will be $26-$33 per hour.
- Full-Time Sanitor – Columbia, Missouri
- Usual working hours, 40-50 hours per week. It may vary
- Operator – Columbia, Missouri
- Wages- $17.91 per hour – $21.18 per hour.