The basic answer to this question is a big yes. But I’ll tell you how and why too. There is a vast scope when you are personally getting trained or keeping your eye on Project Management as your carrier. Project management is a vast domain with a lot of fun-filled work experience and is a stress-free job when compared to other target–based jobs and low stipend jobs. With project management, one can explore different jobs similar to management, administration, lead and other roles in the corporate industries. In this article, we will see about ‘Is Project Management A Good Career?’.
Is Project Management A Good Career?
Moreover being a project manager makes you a better person in managing your own life in a more organized way. Just kidding! This is a job blooming on the industrial side. With needs ranging higher and the applicants or the deserving cadets ranging low, this is the best job to penetrate your carrier for the next steps in Project Management. With this detailed note about the intro, part let’s dive deep into all you need to know to decide if project management is your cup of tea and is your carrier too. Let’s read Is Project Management A Good Career!
Why is it evolving in the industry? Needs that keep project management alive?
A ship without a captain can’t survive the sail. Similarly, every corporate company that is dealing with a different set of projects that are of all the aspects definitely needs a manager and optimizer who can give the right duties to the right members and check through the work overtime. The need is high. Literally very high since workers are losing interest in their jobs and not completing the given work on time and a lot of other reasons because we are moving to the evolution where work is led and led in corporate culture for professionalism in concern.
The monitor and the mentor thus are in high demand and the people who pursue courses and degree necessary to build in such required skill seems to be in a lower range or not up to the need basis. This is why the upcoming decades can be a real bliss to people who want to nurture their life in the project management domain.
What is Project Management?
Project Management is a whole job that deals with all the edges of mastering management and handles a project. This is all about process governance, methods implementation, application of skill and knowledge to gain experience. In better terms, it is a soul and body connected work that constantly checks through all phases of the project to come out with the best results. PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) is a guide that has all the instructions that should be led by a Project manager when dealing with projects. This was established by the PMI (Project Management Institute).
It highly involves planning tasks with the proper involvement which should satisfy all the budget plans, available or provided resources and manpower to the project. PMO or Project Management executive officer is another name given to the project manager. According to the industry that you work on or opt for the job duties will also vary. Top industries which recruit PMO actively include Game Development corporations, the IT sector, Software development and Operations sector and so on.
More about Project Management – Steps involved
Is Project Management A Good Career? Project Management has 5 different common steps that every project could adopt for their project handles. They are:
- Monitor and
Every Project manager always keeps an eye on this process and ensures whether each step is gone through under proper supervision. As a project manager, communication is a key role for the job. Building connections and friendly movement with the team is an add-on and advantage to aspire as a good and cherish able Project Management.
Initiation of a project the right way is the basic and first step while beginning with a project and thus this can’t be done without preparation and planning.
Project Management not only deals with monitoring but also planning and scheduling work and projects as per the needs. This makes planning a crucial and essential part of the job.
Execution is another anchor to the ship of project management skills. Executing the project at the right time, finished within the fixed time or completing the project before the deadline and dealing with it all stress-free single headedly is an art and is tough too.
Bringing out the resulting work with the correct proportion along with monitoring and closure on the deadline with all marking the right strategy is another important skill.
Today’s business – Job Market, Scope and pay.
A fresher in the domain of project management earns a salary package of $88,042, and an experienced project manager earns a sum of $103,780 based on his work experience, professional involvement, certificates owed in relevance and resume. Nowadays the requirement process is moreover based on the profile optimization that you do on recognized job searching websites such as LinkedIn, Glassdoor and so on.
Top companies such as Google, Amazon, Cisco, and freshly emerging start-ups are having large vacancies for the project management domain. Companies hire cadets in job titles such as:
- Project management professional (PMP),
- Project Administrator, Project Assistant,
- Project Risk Manager,
- Project Procurement Manager,
- Project quality manager,
- Project planner and scheduler and a lot more.
These are the top job titles used in the corporate system given to people who work in this domain. Let’s read further about Is Project Management A Good Career.
Insights and Points to Ponder – Project Management
Project Management deals with:
- Patient handling of Communication,
- The threat of deadlines and the will power to be confident and avoid getting broke. – This is really important since a team is under your governance and mentorship. And that is why when you go broke, there are more chances for the whole team to go loose as they are not aware of the upcoming duties to be accomplished that you’ve kept as per plan for the best optimization of the given team.
- Budget fixed for the project or your team – The purchase of resources, requirements, manpower salary or stipend and every other important once should be keenly concentrated to get the maximum efficiency out of the available budget and target.
- Planning that’s made wise – Efficient and effective planning is all that builds the project as a whole. Nothing is awesome when it isn’t explained properly and its blueprint isn’t made or fixed.
- Control over the team and your personal life along with your mental health – this includes the emotions that you tend to undergo during this period of being a project manager such as stress and tension when the deadline is close and the project progress isn’t up to the level.
- Irresponsible answers from people and even sometimes from clients and the higher authority you are working under – sometimes it may be either mistake but you can’t or maybe you should not reply showing your power because, at the end of the day, possibilities are that you may get fired if dispute prolongs with your higher authority, your project may get canceled as a result of funding getting stopped or the client going to another company canceling their order. These are just examples of people who struggled badly by taking decisions that aren’t suitable for industrial project management because, at the end of the day, the loss is to your side.
- Milestones you are crossing by – The milestones that you cross in the company due to your passion and endless dedication to work may give you a grudge which will make it a habit to look people who work below us down. That is a very poor characteristic for a leader and what’s more important is not being a leader by designation but also a leader from the people’s perspective in their hearts. When that is the case, the people also do work in passion and drives in a lot of good vibes just because you care about every worker and know what their problem and struggles are and you support them in hard times.
- Risks that only you are answerable if fails and the potential to take over it and handle the project and optimize it. See if the people meet the skill set and if the people aren’t matching the range, you can provide training sessions as it is important to improve the quality of the people’s skills working in and the project and it becomes a company’s training session too.
- Problem solving and teamwork analysis – Teamwork insights are important for every individual project manager and it is a necessity that every project manager should have their own method of analysis and insights to get the best results out every week. A rewards system should be maintained because only motivated people or people with a cause work dedicatedly and passionately. Thus rewards such as appreciation certificates and encouraging words in the meet are much effective and powerful than you think.
Certificates That Support Your Project Management Carrier in Deeper Norms. – Degree and Certificates
To aster your journey as a project manager, one should gain a degree (bachelor’s degree) in project management which will help you support a better master’s degree in business, administration, management or any other relevant scopes. These degrees include MBA. As additional add-ons to spotlight your position in your resume and outstand your competitors, you can opt for certified courses from the best institutes that charge less or affordable.
- Project Management Professional (PMP),
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM),
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), CompTIA Project+,
- Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP),
- Certified Project Director (CPD) and
- Certified Project Manager–IAPM.
These are some of the celebrated certificates that are highly considered in the industry.
A brief note about all that we saw here today includes these:
Project management is a leading domain with large demand and lesser applicants and eligible candidates. Project Management is a whole job that deals with all the edges of mastering management and handles a project. This is all about process governance, methods implementation, application of skill and knowledge to gain experience. A fresher in the domain of project management earns a salary package of $88,042, and an experienced project manager earns a sum of $103,780 based on his work experience, professional involvement, certificates owed in relevance and resume.
To aster your journey as a project manager, one should gain a degree (bachelor’s degree) in project management which will help you support a better master’s degree in business, administration, management or any other relevant scopes. Initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closure are the 5 important steps that involve the procedure of Project Management. And this is mentioned in the PMBOK Guide.
According to the industry that you work on or opt for the job duties will also vary. Top industries which recruit PMO actively include Game Development corporations, the IT sector, Software development and Operations sector and so on. Every Project manager always keeps an eye on this process and ensures whether each step is gone through under proper supervision. As a project manager, communication is a key role for the job.
Literally very high since workers are losing interest in their jobs and not completing the given work on time and a lot of other reasons because we are moving to the evolution where work is led and led in corporate culture for professionalism in concern. This is why the upcoming decades can be a real bliss to people who want to nurture their life in the project management domain.
Now we have learnt ‘Is Project Management A Good Career?’, Choosing Project management as a carrier deals with a lot of analysis regarding everything you need to know to choose this. And I hope our article would have given you a glimpse of some of the important parts that you should concentrate on when making the decision. We wish you good luck to choose the right carrier and if we gave you the necessary details and suggestions, feel free to support us!