Quiktrip, also known as Quiktrip Corporation, is a very popular American chain of convenience stores and fast food based in Tulsa, Oklahoma. They also operate their gasoline stations. Quiktrip is famously known for its ‘gas station food’. They have over 900 destinations across America and over 24,000 employees. Quiktrip has also been a part of the Fortune list in the ‘100 best companies to work for’ category for the past 15 years. Since it’s one of the best places to work, you would’ve already made up your mind to try for a job there. This article will give you just the right details to ace your job application at Quiktrip and you will know How to get a job at Quiktrip, so read on!
How to get a job at Quiktrip?
The hiring experience with Quiktrip is about two weeks long. There are several steps and processes on the way to being hired completely. The first thing that you need to do for getting hired at Quiktrip is to apply online on the website. Once you have submitted the online application, then you have to give a Math test at your nearest QT office. After clearing the math test, an interview is going to be held at the QT office. Once your interview is cleared, an orientation will be held for a few hours. After that, the training sessions will begin for a few weeks. The training weeks are paid, and after that, an individual can begin the real job. Employees at Quiktrip don’t get an official lunch break, but they are allowed to take a break if they want to grab lunch or something and they can also eat while working. We will go more into detail below.
Interview And Math Test
The interview process at Quiktrip is held at the nearest QT office on a one-to-one basis. The type of questions usually asked are generic questions. Apart from this, they can also ask about why you want to work there, how will you be a good fit for them and how to manage customers behaving wrongly. The questions may also be like will you be able to work at night or not. Before that, a math test is also held digitally in their offices nearest to your home.
According to Indeed, the math test is generally simple, yet pretty long. It is composed of a table in which you have to fill in how many respective dollars or cents you will give back to a customer as change. The math test results usually come out in a week and an individual can call the office to find out about their results, in case they didn’t get any response from them. The hiring process, especially the math test and interview may also go fast within a few days if Quiktrip needs employees fast. They also do a background check on the employees and they will only hire someone who has a clean background.
Quiktrip is very flexible with hours. Weekend hours and part-time hours are easily available, making QT a good destination for high school or college students to work at. They also work according to an individual’s availability hours and will provide a schedule flexibly according to what would suit best for an employee. They also offer to pick up shifts if an employer decides they need a little bit of extra.
At Quiktrip, you have to be at least 16 years old to work there. It can also be 18 years, depending on the state and laws of that state an individual is working in. Many high school and college-going students work there as QT provides an excellent opportunity to start a job.
Quiktrip pays weekly to every employee. They usually pay on Wednesdays. According to Glassdoor, on average, Quiktrip salaries range from approximately $50,394 per year for a Clerk to $759,759 for Assistant Store Manager.
The hourly pay on an average at QT ranges from approximately $12 per hour for a Sales Associate, to $33 per hour for an Equipment Technician.
According to Payscale, an average employee at Quiktrip is paid about $13.67 per hour. Hourly pay may be between $10 to $25 for most employees. However, this also depends on the position an employee is working at. A Retail Store Assistant Manager makes the most and a Sales Clerk or a Cashier makes the least on an average at QT.
Various positions at Quiktrip
There are several jobs at Quiktrip which a person can apply for. The most popular ones are as follows.
- A temporary laborer has to do store cleaning, pricing items, de-stock shelves, restock items, and load and unload delivery trucks. The typical salary of a temporary laborer is $20 an hour.
- Clerks can also work part-time at Quiktrip. They usually have to deal with customer relations, merchandise, appearance of the store, business operations and providing employee support. The typical pay for a part-time clerk is $12 an hour.
- An IT Data Analyst at Quiktrip has to maintain performant BI and reporting solutions whilst also creating and managing them. They also have to gather requirements, assist in maintaining Power BI governance strategies, identify data driven solutions, maintain proficiency with Power BI tools, and train less experienced members. They are usually paid $98,500 to $123,100 per year.
- A production worker at Quiktrip has to just do maintenance of common areas in the facility, produce quality baked goods, and prepare food. The hourly pay is about $13.15. It’s best for high school graduates, as there are flexible working hours and part time is available as well.
- A services specialist has to conduct security checks of store grounds, report if any incidents have occurred within the faculty, conduct research for security incidents and perform other security related tasks. The hourly pay ranges from approximately $28.64 to $33.95.
- A driver assistant at QT needs to assist the main driver in parking the vehicle at designated locations. The pay is usually $15.64 an hour.
- A warehouse selector has to mark materials, stock and select merchandise, and fill the store supplies accurately. The pay is from $15.64 an hour.
What does a Quiktrip employee do?
On average, a QT employee has to provide excellent customer service, since a major part of the jobs here are dealing with customers, directly or indirectly. According to Quiktrip’s website, employees need to maintain the store merchandise and cleanliness, whilst also providing customers the service and experience they expect. QT is also a demanding corporation. They expect employees to work hard and best all the time. The list of assigned tasks must be completed in every shift, while also taking care of customers and keeping the store in check.
What is the environment like at Quiktrip?
The environment at QT, as said by several employees is supportive. They also give a clear sense of purpose and provide a feeling of personal appreciation to their employees. The majority of employees have said that the company is amazing and several employees also said that all stores of Quiktrip are run the same way. QT has a set schedule, it gives good pay and bonuses along with several benefits, and working double is very rare. The pay and benefits, job security and advancement and, culture have been ranked the highest by several Quiktrip employees. Quiktrip has been rated 4.1 out of 5 stars on indeed.com.
There are several benefits offered to employees at Quiktrip. One of them is insurance. They provide health, vision, life, and dental insurance. They also give paid to time off. They also provide flexibility at work. Apart from all this, they also offer several financial perks to their employees. Some of them include – bonus pays, yearly bonus, anniversary bonus, stock options, performance bonus, monthly bonus, weekly bonus, quarterly bonus, and a stock ownership plan. They also offer tuition reimbursement and a retirement plan like 401k. Though they do not provide free meals to the employees, few said that they give free coffee and soda. They also offer relocation assistance, parental leaves, and employee discounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of drug test does Quiktrip administer?
Quiktrip does a urine drug test for its full-time employees. In case an individual is working part-time, then no drug test would be administered on that person unless they get hurt or something else on the job. They give 24 hours to do this urine drug test and if you wait longer than that, then they will do a hair follicle test. If you have to work full-time from part-time, then you’ll be tested. Also, if you join as a manager or getting a promotion, then you’ll be tested too.
What kind of dress code is allowed at Quiktrip?
Quiktrip is strict about being entirely professional, neat, and clean, even in their dress codes. Visible tattoos are not allowed and being clean shaved is a must. For the interview, a business professional outfit is recommended. Once you get the job, the red uniform shirt has to be tucked in. Piercings and dreadlocks are not allowed. Long nails may be worn but it’s not recommended because employees will be wearing gloves all the time and they will have to throw trash out.
Do they check a person’s background before hiring?
Yes, Quiktrip does a background check for every employee. A criminal test is a must before getting hired. They do not hire anyone with felonies or convictions. In case you have pending charges, then it will hinder employment opportunities at Quiktrip.
Quiktrip interviews ask the following type of questions:
- What do you do?
- How would you deal with rude customers?
- Why should we hire you at Quiktrip?
- What can you do to contribute to our company?
- What makes you believe that you will be a valuable asset to our company?
- What’s the worst job experience you’ve had previously?
- How far are you willing to drive?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why do you think you will be a good fit for the company?
- Tell us something about yourself.
- What do you know about Quiktrip?
- Why do you want to work here?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- What are your salary expectations?
- What motivates you?
- Who are the top competitors of Quiktrip?
- How would you define good quality customer service?
- How many hours can you work?
- Will you be able to work late nights and weekends?
- What is/what was your major?
- If you were to switch position with us for a day, then what would you do that would benefit Quiktrip?
- How fast are you at working?
- How do you handle conflict?
- Are you willing to work on your feet without breaks if you are applying for part time?
- How many of our gas stations are there in the United States?
- What are your long term and short term goals?
Overall, Quiktrip is a great place to work at especially if you need a part-time job, or you are a beginner and studying in high school or college. The environment here is tiring and may be stressful, but if you are accurate and fast-paced, then you can easily ace this job. The best part about Quiktrip is that it offers flexible working hours, so whether you want to work during the day, or at night or maybe in the afternoon, then this is perfect for you.
You can work here as a clerk or a cashier in the beginning and get a raise later. According to a few sources, Quiktrip gives promotions every six months or every one year. However, if you need a promotion fast, then the best way is to work hard over there, maintain good relationships with your coworkers and your employers, and also do great customer service.
Everyday jobs may be a bit tiring but at Quiktrip, it’s worth it because of the several benefits provided to the employees and also a good pay every hour to its employees and the weekly pay. Hence, this is the way to apply at Quiktrip.