Frito-Lay, Inc. is an auxiliary branch of Pepsi Co. which is mainly concerned with the food industry. It deals with the manufacturing, packaging, and selling of potato chips, corn chips known as Fritos, and other packaged snacks like Cheetos, Doritos, and Tortilla chips; the most popular among these snacks happens to be Lay’s—a potato chips brand which is consumed by a majority of people. There are many more brands of snacks manufactured by this company and according to stats all of these brands separately generated a revenue of $1 billion in the year 2009. Here we will see about Frito-Lay Careers.
Frito-Lay has a variety of job roles and careers to offer, they have jobs ranging from the least experienced to the most experienced. Jobs that hardly require experience are warehouse/machine handler, picker/packer, sales, detailer, delivery specialist, route sales representative, universal packaging technician, driver, sales utility representative, maintenance mechanic, fleet technician, merchandiser, reset specialist, etc. Frito-Lay North America generally follows a three-phase structure to its hiring process. The three steps are The initial application process, the interview round if your application is selected, and the final assessment before finalizing a candidate for the job. Let’s have a look at the job application process first.
Job Application Process for Frito-Lay
How to Apply for a job?
Step 1: Visit the official Frito Lay’s website http://www.fritolayemployment.com
Step 2: You can use the “search” button to improve your search results.
Step 3: A new page takes you to all the job options available at your disposal, Frito-Lay offers a variety to choose from.
Step 4: In case you are interested in any of the jobs, you may proceed further by clicking on your desired job.
Step 5: The new page that opens up provides you with further information along with an “Apply” button on the upper right-hand corner of the page.
Step 6: Next you are required to log in by providing a username and password, you can either provide fresh credentials or log in using your existing Facebook or Google account. The account that has been created can be used to check your application status and/or search for new job roles keeping in mind your skills and your location.
Step 7: Complete your application process by filling in the information that is required accordingly.
Step 8: After filling in your details for the application you will have to complete the pre-screening process which includes the following questions:
- Questions regarding whether you fulfill the minimum qualification needed for the position applied or enquiring about your past work experiences.
- You may be asked to go through an assessment process to check if your skill set fits the job position you have applied for, advice here is don’t panic and just answer naturally.
Step 9: After having completed the online process, you will receive an update from the assessing team regarding your application whether you have been selected to move forward or not.
Cracking the interview:
- Once your application is selected you will be getting a mail asking you to schedule a one-on-one interview.
- After you have scheduled your interview you will receive another confirmation mail, specifying your details along with the zoom link and all the instructions that are to be followed.
- The interviewer will ask you to speak about yourself, how adept you are in solving problems, and in what way you are going to be an asset to Frito-Lay, in what way can you make a change to their company as an employee.
Listed below are a few probable interview questions for different positions which the interviewees have shared on Glassdoor:
- Tell me about a time when you inspired someone?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- How flexible are you when it comes to schedule and driving?
- Tell us about yourself/ Introduce yourself
- There’s this product that you currently use and how would you persuade others to use it?
- What are the few leadership qualities in you? How would you practice them to make a difference in this company?
- If your team member needs help and you have a deadline to meet, would you help them?
- Being a leader how would you handle a team member who is contentious or difficult to handle?
- Tell us about a time when you had to change a plan for a task?
- Have ever gone for an unpopular opinion? What was the outcome?
- What was the most challenging engineering project you have worked on? Why was it the most challenging?
- Describe a time when an engineering project did not go according to the plan?
- Describe a mistake that you committed?
- Why do you want to join Frito-Lay?
After the interviewer is done questioning you, you are free to ask any questions that arise in your mind—ask them about the work culture, to elaborate on the role that you are interviewing for or even for that matter about the Frito-Lay company in general, be open and asks questions whether how would their work culture enhance in upgrading your skill set? You are also free to ask about the work schedules, the compensation or remuneration, benefits, and perks, etc. They are open to any questions that come their way and will be more than happy to answer your queries.
You made it through the interview! What Now?
- In case you clear the interview process, you will receive a call from the Frito-Lay HR team informing you about your selection and discussing your schedule and the pay
- Once through with the verbal confirmation you will receive a written offer letter via mail. This mail contains the details regarding your job and the instructions on the completion of your pre-employment screening.
- After receiving the offer letter, you will have to go through a background and drug screening test. Under the applicable laws.
- After you are done with all of the above-mentioned steps the hiring manager would get in touch with you to discuss and determine a tentative joining date.
Once you have gone through the whole of this job-application process, you officially become a member of the Frito-Lay family.
Having discussed the job-application process in detail let’s take you through the salary offered by Frito lay for various positions that an individual is applying for.
Listed below are some of the job positions and the salary you should expect:
|Packing Machine Operator
|$25.75 per hour
|Warehouse/ Material Handler- PT
|$20 per hour
|$22.77 per hour
|Material Handler/ Forklift Driver FT-MEW2F-T
|$23.71 per hour
|Route Sales Representative
|$58,000 per annum
|$20 per hour
|$19 per hour
|$20.00- $21.28 per hour
|Picker/ Loader PT-MEW 2/3
|$20.42 per hour
|OTR Driver Apprentice
|$70,000-$100,000 per annum
|Backup Packaging Machine Operator
|$20 per hour
|$20.16 per hour
|$30.99 per hour
|Flex Fryer Operator
|$20.03 per hour
|$16.50 per hour
|$30.99 per hour
|$32.24 per hour
|$19.33 per hour
|GFS Technician FT- B shift
|$22.74 per hour
Frito- Lay Employee Benefits
Frito-Lay values varied perspectives and to that end, they encourage their associates to voice their opinions fearlessly and act as individual owners especially when it comes to the trajectory of their careers at Frito-Lay. This vision of theirs is reflected in their competitive pay grade, excellent benefits, and winning team culture. Their vision of catering to diverse consumers and communities is reflected in their workforce which ranges from values like leadership to frontline associates. The various benefits enjoyed by their employees are:
- Accounting for the employees’ Life and health insurance primarily.
- A Health Savings Account (HSA) option open to all employs
- Paid leave and vacation in some cases
- A 401K plan in place to help the employees financially during retirement
After having looked at the basic aspects of the benefits enjoyed by Frito-Lay employees let’s get in-depth into the various benefits and perks provided by them to their employees
Insurance, Health & Wellness
The benefits provided under this category include:
- The health insurance scheme which Frito-Lay has in place is pretty neat and with good coverage for the employee and his family.
- The Dental Insurance provided by Frito-Lay is probably the best there is in the market. They two options to choose from when it comes to dental insurance: Basic and Enhanced.
- The Life insurance plan here is quite cheap and easily accessible, making it easier for the employees to avail them
- Other than these Frito-Lay also has vision and disability insurance in place.
- In addition to the above, there is also this option of a Health Savings Account (HSA) in place.
Financial and Retirement
- Frito-Lay has a wonderful 401K scheme rolled out for their employees wherein they provide fifty percent coverage of the retirement pension to be paid on completion of their full term.
- There is also a pension plan in action which is automatically activated after your first five years tenure in the company
Family and Parenting
- Frito-Lay has an extensive maternity plan for its female employees including paid maternity leaves to ensure a smooth transition into the crucial stages for the expecting mothers.
- In addition to this, there is also paternity leave provided to the male employees to take care of their child and their wives.
- Frito-Lay provides up to twelve weeks of Family Medical Leave option available, which you can adjust in your short-term or long-term leave.
Vacation and Paid Time off
- Similar to all the good companies, Frito-Lay also provides leave for vacation and a short period of paid time off
- Along with these they also provide a three-day bereavement leave in case of a close family member.
Perks and Discount
- In case you are stuck in a legal problem, Frito-Lay has got your back if you are an employee here, they provide legal assistance to its employees.
- Frito-Lay provides job assistance to its employees wherein they are trained by experienced professionals to people who have just started in the field.
- Frito-Lay has a wonderful tuition reimbursement program wherein it pays half of the fees for college degrees and other courses to employees who would prove to be an asset at Frito-Lay.
Applying to Frito Lay is not a very herculean task, their application and job process is carried out very smoothly. The food giant that caters to a variety of communities and consumers maintains this diversity in its workforce as well. The staff strength of Frito-Lay comprises 26.9% female and 38.6% ethnic minorities. 535% of its employees identify as members of the Democratic party. An interesting fact about this company is that it has a great staff retention quality with an average of its employees staying for 5.6 years, which reflects the kind of wonderful work culture and healthy environment it has.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I apply for multiple job roles?
Yes, you can apply for job roles at different positions but you have to remove yourself from all the other positions if you have been accepted and offered a specific position.
- Are there part-time jobs available?
You can search for part-time jobs specifically in the “Search” dialog box, however, it must be kept in mind that any job, until specified as being part-time is a full-time job.
- How long does it take to go through the job application process?
It typically takes 30 days for completing your entire job application process—the initial screening takes a couple of days after that if you are selected for the interview, you can schedule your interview stretching out to over two weeks. After you have been selected for the position, the background and drug screening take up a few more days.
- If I have been rejected for a specific role at Frito-Lay, is the option for applying for a different job role available?
Yes, you can always apply for a different job role; moreover, you are allowed for the same job role as well after a bit of time has passed.