Your office life can sure get hectic at times. We will list sample for thank you notes for corporate dinners for you in this article. The large number of projects you get, doing overtime, and getting immense stress- all these issues are common when you enter a corporate world. However, let’s not focus on the negative aspects but look at your office life’s positive side. You enter a job not just to show your skills but also to work on them and improve. You meet new people in that place, your coworkers, who also become a part of your life. We all know that it’s just not our own doing which helps us achieve our goals, but also it’s the people behind us who keep giving us their support. In a workplace, it’s the same. You may meet a few people you dislike or don’t get along with, but there are also people you form a great bond with. A workplace is as same as any other social ground which helps you shape your future.
Corporate life has a lot to offer to an individual. But one of the things one gets to enjoy in this field of work is dinner parties. If you are one of those people who enjoy social gatherings and like talking to other people, then corporate dinner is a place where you can easily mix-up. If you are a part of a corporate, you must be knowing that dinners are not just a place where higher-ups discuss deals and meetings only. After all, it is supposed to be a social gathering where different people meet and share their knowledge and ideas with others and make deals.
So tell me, who does not enjoy a good dinner party? If you have ever been to a corporate dinner party organized by your office, you must have noticed the atmosphere there. Unlike normal dinner parties where you meet your friends and family, this is pretty much a professional gathering where people from other companies also join in. However, it does not mean that the dinner cannot be a good one. Corporate dinners go beyond the usual dinners as it gives you a chance to socialize with others and let you have a good time with these new and familiar faces. It helps you build strong business ties with others and strengthens your position at the workplace.
Your coworkers usually organize corporate dinners, and many times, you even get to attend dinner parties hosted by other companies. If you have ever been a part of these parties where you had a perfect time with your coworkers, it is a courtesy to show your appreciation. Of course, you cannot just go to a party nonchalantly, discuss projects with others, have a really great time and dinner, and come back home only to act like nothing really happened the next day at your office. If you end up acting like that, it would be very rude of you. Not only would you be called inconsiderate, but there are also chances that you end up ruining your professional relationship with your coworkers. Remember, the host of a party always works hard to make the gathering and the service as best as possible. Their goal is to make every guest feel welcomed and comfortable in there. If someone is doing so much for your sake, then it is your responsibility to show our appreciation. And the best way to do so is to send them a thank you note.
We have always heard that actions speak louder than words. However, we cannot apply this phrase in every single situation, especially in this one. Sending a thank-you note is one way you can convey your message to your coworker who has organized a dinner for the office. When you are invited to such a dinner party, you are a significant member of the office whose work is appreciated. And as soon as you receive the invitation, you should send a thank-you note afterward to let the host know that it is an honor to be a part of this corporation.
But wait. There is a chance that even after reading all this, a question may pop in your head, which can be something like, “is it essential to send a thank-you note?” Well, of course, it is necessary. Like I said before, if you end up acting like this corporate dinner was nothing the next day in the office, it would show that you are not considerate towards your job and your coworkers. There is even a chance that you may not get invited next time. You should know that being a part of these events benefits your career and your company.
However, saying only a simple “thank you” in the thank you note will not be enough. Instead, you should professionally convey your appreciation, showcasing the other person that they are important enough for you to take time out of your busy schedule to ‘put pen to paper.’
Before you go and start writing a thank, you note, keep a few things in mind. Remember, it is a professional note, after all, so you should be careful with your words. One of the biggest things you should consider is that do not send a thank you text on WhatsApp. Honestly, that will not be very professional because WhatsApp is usually considered a social platform where we mostly contact our friends and family. Also, it is not compulsory to give a handwritten note. The best option for you will be to stick to an email. It is convenient to use and can e considered professional as well.
But before you start typing, here are a few tips you can look at for your thank you note:
- WRITE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE: Of course, when you get invited to a corporate dinner, you should respond to their invitation as soon as possible. Please do not end up waiting for more than two days before finally sending them a thank you note; that would only suggest that you are pretty lousy when it comes to such situations and do not take these events seriously. It is your responsibility to let the person/host know that you are grateful to be a part of that gathering. That is why write the note or email with the intention of why you are thanking them. Not only will it be very professional and considerate of you, but it will also make the host happy after receiving such a positive response.
- GREET THE HOST JUST AS HOW YOU WOULD GREET THEM WHEN YOU MEET FACE-TO-FACE: If the event has been organized by someone you are well associated with at your office, you don’t need to be too formal with your greeting. You can begin the thank you note with a simple “Hello (name of the host)” or by just using their first name such as “Richard.” However, if it was organized by someone you have never met before, do not begin your note in such an informal manner. Here, use a greeting such as “Dear Mr. Fujiwara.” Beginning your note in such a formal manner will leave a good impression on the receiver. If more than one person had hosted the event, greet the main contact and then follow by addressing the others in the body of the note. For example, you can write something like, “Hello Eric; It was a pleasure to meet you and the rest of your team at the dinner last night.”
- EXPLAIN THE REASON BEHIND YOUR MESSAGE: While you start writing, tell the host about the reason why you are writing this note. If it’s an email, you are sending them, mention the reason in the subject line. For example, “RR: Regarding last night’s dinner party” or “RR: Thank you for the wonderful event.”
- KEEP THE MESSAGE SHORT AND CLEAR: When you are done mentioning the reason in the subject line, start constructing your body for the email but do not make it too complex. You have to be very careful with your words; while writing, you cannot get overly emotional or start using difficult words. Keep the message very simple and clear instead of making it too unprofessional by adding unnecessary content. You can write about why you enjoyed the dinner and what kind of discussion you had with others regarding work. You can also talk about the venue (such as the restaurant) and the guests’ services. Mention a few projects which you discussed and agreed with others while also showing your appreciation towards the host.
- CLOSE IT WITH AN OPTIMISTIC NOTE: After you are done writing the body, end it on a positive note. Mention how you are looking forward to the next event and thank the host for all their hard work and services they had provided during the event. Close your email or note with “Sincerely,” “Best Regards,” “Regards,” or “Yours,” and your name.
- CHECK FOR GRAMMATICAL AND SPELLING ERRORS: Remember, this note is supposed to professional. You cannot write it casually and send it without double-checking. Before sending it, properly look at the content and the words used. If there are any mistakes or changes, you might want to make, improve them and then send them to the host.
Thank You Notes For Corporate Dinners Samples
1. Dear (Mr./Ms./Mrs name),
It was a pleasure to finally meet you and your team at the dinner last night. I must say that it was such a great event and to meet such incredible people was an honor. The venue (name of the restaurant) you had chosen for the dinner was such a wonderful choice. The service there was amazing, and so was the dinner served. The food was incredible. I hope that the two companies can work well together, and I genuinely look further to work and discuss matters with you. I am very grateful to you for sending me the invitation.
Thank you so much. I had a really great time there.
(your full name)
2. Dear (Mr./Ms./Mrs full name),
Once again, thank you so much for inviting me there.
(Your full name)
3. Hello (name of the host),
The choice of restaurant you made was great. I have to say I haven’t attended such an incredible dinner party in a really long time. Not only was the service great there, but you also managed to handle such a huge crowd with such ease. The whole company was impressed with your work, and I must say, we are fortunate to have such an incredible coworker with us. Because of this event, the company was even able to score some really great deals. We even met new clients, and we are looking forward to working with them in the future. This wouldn’t have been possible if not for this amazing dinner party.
Thank you so much for your great work.
4. Dear (Mr./Ms./Mrs full name),
I am writing this mail/note to thank you for inviting me to your dinner party last night. As a new member of this company, this event was a learning experience for me. Not only was I able to see the higher-ups, but I was also able to observe others’ working skills. The new projects which were discussed helped me understand how much more I have to learn. It was a pleasure to be a part of this event. Thank you once again for inviting me there as well as giving me a chance to learn more. I will work my hardest to become a valuable part of our company and contribute my share.
5. Hello (name of the host),
It was great seeing you at the dinner. Thank you very much for the invitation. The restaurant choice was amazing; I’m thinking of taking my wife there someday. I am glad that we finally got the chance to discuss the project in detail. I will arrange for you to have those quarterly sales figures by the end of the week. If you have any queries regarding the issue, please feel free to contact me. I am really looking forward to working with you. Thank you once again for dinner.
6. Dear (Mr./Ms./Mrs. name of the host),
Last night’s dinner was amazing. Gorgeous venue, a fabulous choice of vines, and such an incredible menu, everything was managed in such a perfect manner. It was such an honor to be a part of this dinner. Meeting so many new and incredible people there made my evening. Thank you so much for the invitation. I look forward to working with your company on the XYZ project soon. I am sure this project will be a success.
7. Hello (name of the host),
It was a pleasure to meet you and your team once again last night. As always, you all work in a perfect manner and choose the best venues possible for these events. All of you are great assets to the company, and if it weren’t for you all, we might not have gotten the A project from the XYZ company. Thank you so much for always working so hard and for always giving the best results. The company was able to seal other deals as well because of this event. All of you did such an amazing job. It is genuinely a pleasure to work with you all.
8. Dear (Mr./Ms./Mrs name),
I must say you have the talent to handle such stressful situations with ease. Even though there was quite a ruckus in the middle of the dinner party, you were able to handle it properly. You choose the perfect venue, and because of your skills, we got the project we were after for so long. I know if our company plans any future events, I can, without any doubt, entrust it to you. Thank you so much for your good work.
9. Hello (name of the host),
As your junior, I have always looked up to your skills at the office. But now that I got invited to last night’s dinner, I realized why the company relies on you so much. You genuinely are a significant member of the company, and because of this event, we were finally able to confirm the deal with AB company. Thank you so much for the invitation. I intend to learn more from you and do better in my job. It is a pleasure working with you.
So, here are a few examples and tips that you can look at while sending a thank you note for a corporate dinner. Be sure to show your appreciation properly not only because it is necessary for your company and your career, but it is also a human courtesy to show respect and gratitude towards others’ hard work. And honestly, hosting a corporate meeting is no easy feat.