Quantity surveyors are the people who are responsible for conducting surveys related to the amount of quantity or bulk in the companies and different places. The quantity standards and legal standards are maintained while going through the surveys by the quantity surveyors. This article discusses why quantity surveyor is a good career.
Yes quantity surveying is a good career as it provides ample opportunities to the people who wanted to work in the industrial field. This area moves around certain sectors and provides excellent remuneration to people. You need to spend a certain time understanding the construction work and dealing with the clients. By
becoming a quantity surveyor your task will be to monitor the project related to the construction and grab the more profitable, clients, architects.
Job Description of quantity surveyors
Quantity surveyors are the people who are involved at every stage of project development and its execution. They meet with the clients to ensure that all the results are valuable. Sure that the structures made by the brand companies need all the legal and quality standards. Quantity service also works for estimating and controlling the cost required to build large construction projects.
- The average salary of a quantity surveyor is
- Around $20000-$80000
- Mostly hours per week
- Newly trained quantity surveyors can earn in the region of $20,000 – $40,000
- The salary of the people will depend upon the employer’s capability in overtime done by them and the location of the company.
- You should have at least two to three years of relevant work experience to work as the chartered accountant in any of the company’s royal institutes of chartered surveyors because they have more priority over other companies.
Ways to become a quantity surveyor
There are several ways through which you can become a quantity surveyor.
- Required Qualification -Should have the required qualifications and degrees that can help you to become the quantity surveyor in any of the companies. The work of the quantity surveyor is to serve different contracts based on the construction stamps and clients
- Internships– By internships and apprenticeship programs to acquire the knowledge regarding this career.
- Having the relevant experience you may be able to apply directly to an employer not trained on the job. Different options are available in this line of career through which you can choose the right one for yourself.
- Need of following degrees
- Graduation courses in equivalent level
2 – 3 undergraduate programs or commerce courses. It should be from a good institution.
A postgraduate program in any respective field related to commerce, management, and technical areas.
An apprenticeship program helps you to understand more about the knowledge and industry. It may be fully employed by our company and it will be expected to work within minimum hours of 32-40 per week. And you will also get on-the-job experience from the industry.
- Education experience
If you have work experience in the relevant field area then you have great chances of getting into the quantity surveyor. They are related to the accountancy marketing business and other types of jobs that can help you to excel in the company.
- Advantages of being a Quantity surveyor
- Quantity surveyors are responsible for carrying out construction-related surveys.
- If you have good management skills, calculation skills, and technical knowledge then this career will be providing great opportunities in the future.
- It helps you to understand and relate things and analytically researches many things.
- Explore different websites and different portfolios before entering into this career.
- Quantity services are required where more of the construction work has to be done related to building dams.
- Advising on the costs related to maintenance and big buildings valuation of different
- Estimating quantities, costs, and time scales for material and labor
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Experienced service can earn a good amount of self which country $40000-$50000
- Work experience
Work experience is essential for getting employment in any of the construction or quantity surveying-based industries. This experience can be game for years by practically working in some of the industries participating in internship or apprenticeship for getting some practical knowledge related to it in your schools and potential candidate will always be given the chance in most of the reputed companies
- Duties of quantity surveyor
Quantity surveyors are responsible for coordinating with the estimators of cost quantity buyers other project deadlines to provide the information to different clients. The license up with different kinds of teams and help them to keep their projects and contracts up-to-date.
The job role of a quantity surveyor involves the following duties:
- Listening with the clients is an important need of a quantity surveyor to maintain the quality of work in the organization.
- Good qualities are required to be estimated and scales for material labor and time is a most important part of a quantity surveyor.
- Waking up the risk related to the different projects and identifying the need of working is also an important part of a quantity surveyor.
- Finding the work to different contractors, finding the value to the completed work, managing out the budgets, finding out the payments, and ensuring that all the legal and quality standards are maintained is the most important task of a quantity surveyor.
- Finding out the quantity, cost, and time scales related to the material and labor for different projects is also one of the responsibilities of a quantity surveyor.
- Career path
With time, you could become a senior quantity surveyor, project manager, contract, or commercial manager. Many surveyors specialize in one area such as planning, contracts, mechanical or electrical projects, or risk assessments.
You could join an independent surveying practice or become a freelance consultant. Some quantity surveyors teach at universities or colleges.
- Related roles
Building control surveyors are involved in the planning & construction phases of projects, every day is different for a building control surveyor. Click for more about the job, training & pay.
Quantity surveyors are the people who are responsible for getting the work done related to construction and industry-related tasks. Arranging the payment for the staff and settling the final accounts at the end of the year is also the work of the quantity surveyor.
Quantity surveyors are the people who should have the required skills and capabilities. These will benefit anyone who wants to become a quantity surveyor in any of the companies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What work is done by Quantity Surveyors?
Feasible work is done by the quantity surveyors where he works on different sides and meets with potential clients. You also find out which contracts can be easily performed and the detailed cost analysis of different elements of work is done. It enables the payment system for those words that can happen in the near future. The quantity survey also divides the project into different components so that each and every component is worked upon by specialized and expert people.
Q 2. How to become a talented quantity surveyor?
Quantity surveyors have the responsibility of building the legislation building material designs that are highly organized. They are great negotiators because they deal with different contractors and clients and negotiate on the projects at their best prices. They build certain new schools and other contract projects by spending around $10 to $ 20 million.