Since the time school was invented by Horace Mann, homework became an integral part of it but is homework illegal? – Homework is never a topic that students want to hear, and according to the research, this happened worldwide. They find it time-consuming and stressful. Homework topic is still a debatable issue, but to be on the safe side, you need to be open-minded about it because for some reasons, you can say it illegal, and for some, it legal. I will start with the illegal side. Some American elementary schools have banned homework because they find that homework stress may affect students’ health by causing headaches and stomach problems.
Some children may experience sleep deprivation by staying up too late to finish their homework. It may be harmful to kids, and their learning abilities as sleep has been shown to help memory consolidation. As we all know, elementary school students are beginning their careers; fun is still one of their favorite words to hear after school. They only think about going home and play. When work is beyond a child’s ability, it becomes work for parents, and it also can become an issue for parents who feel forced to complete their child’s project since they also have work of their own.
Is Homework A Waste Of Time? | Is Homework Illegal
- Homework is a waste of time because students also need free time to be young and enjoy life, whereas homework takes that away. They will no longer get time to do other activities such as sport, enjoy family moments, etc. During the day, they have to attend school and after school hours also do homework.
- It gives students the pressure to complete homework every night, whereas they need to relax and refresh their minds and body.
- Many teachers don’t have time to grade papers as they are too busy designing lesson plans consulting, and teaching resources to manage lessons. By the time students are getting their paperback, the class moved on to a new topic.
- A child should be a student at school and a child at home because at home they should be children parents should teach them to be responsible at home as well, as they won’t be at school for the rest of their lives.
- Homework can be a burden to a student. Heavy homework load can negatively affect the performance of students.
- Teachers can give students homework to see where they lack, but some parents hire tutors to do their children’s homework. This means that the benefit of homework tasks goes to waste.
- At the beginning of the article, elementary students still need time to be children have playtime with their friends and be able to spend time with their family members and refresh their minds and body. Homework should be something they should not stress about.
The book of the law may not legalize homework; it may be only our opinion on how helpful it is. Still, it within the school’s power to make the student do homework, and teachers will get to know how well their student understands the lesson they teach and help students test their knowledge on that lesson.
Why Homework Is Important?
- It encourages children to use time wisely and teaches them to take responsibility for their work.
- Children/ students are the only ones who get help from homework. Still, parents also get an opportunity to work together with their children and know their children enthusiastically. By that, they can develop a strong relationship with their children.
- It teaches children the skill of solving problems on their own.
- It helps children get ready for the next grade.
- Student gets to know how to invest in their future by taking responsibility of their school work.
- Homework teaches students to know how to seek information on their own. It can be on books, the internet, or any platforms they will use to get it.
- They can also know how teaches think, which they can use to their advantage during quizzes and tests.
- Homework teaches time management and how to prioritize tasks.
Why Students Should Have Homework?
One of the essential reasons for a student having homework is that it helps teachers know where students lack when it comes to the lesson and assist. At the same time, some students get to work in their comfortable place, which is their home. It also allows teachers to know their students because some students may be fast learners and some slow learners; teachers come across knowing where their students lack. The benefits of homework teach students to know how to work as a team or work well with others. It can help the student to know how to be independent. Parents get to see their children’s schoolwork. There is no enough time at school, and some projects need to be done, which is why students should end up with homework. Homework can also help students boost their self-esteem, but if they are not good with it, they can quickly identify their problems and get help before it is too late. One of the reasons teachers give homework is to motivate students to keep up because if they fall behind, and they can fail.
Why Do Student Need Summer Homework?
Summer homework gives students a chance to brush up on their knowledge. Students get an opportunity to plan on how they will do their assignment, and they can even point a deadline on when they want their summer homework finished. They can also have a schedule when they want to rest and do something else and proceed with their assignment later, and they can also get to work with other students since they cannot get assistance from teachers if they are stuck with their assignments. To motivate themselves, they should get rewards, and that way will keep them moving, and they can get time to spend with their parents if they understand the subject. While teachers reward their students with the highest scores, they should think about the personal reward for the summer homework assignment. In that way, they will keep themselves motivated. As we all know that summertime is the best season of the year to explore the world with your family student will be thinking of that as well. But it also the best time to make time for your textbooks just managing your time.
Another good idea about summer homework is that you get a chance to work with different people on your schoolwork by that I mean a tutor, you get to know to explain better to you the teacher or the tutor, and by that, you will get to know wish method work for you. In my opinion, homework should be one of the topics that people get to be open-minded about because you can say it bad and support your opinion. You can also state that it good in that way you can support your opinion as well. Students should not think of it as a bad or good thing because that can jeopardize their career during to the mindset they will be having. The big issue that we face is that people turn to be one-sided about this topic and turn to colonize their minds since they will only be focusing on arguing with the other person who is also on the other side.
Also read Who Invented Homework and Why?