How to say “Thank you” on different occasions? This is one of the most recurring questions an individual can have during several situations. It is not surprising that we, in our lifetime, get several opportunities to show our respect and appreciation towards others for their encouragement and support. When it comes to people with whom we are very close, such as our friends, lover, and family, we generally thank them in a very casual manner. Even when we are alone with any of these people, our way of thanking them is particularly very brief and simple. Of course, we don’t like to exaggerate our words and use fancy ways to impress them- it just does not seem necessary. They are some of those people with whom we are most comfortable. But what if there is an occasion and you are supposed to make a speech in front of a large audience?
Like I said, with our family and friends during a one-on-one conversation, if we do say “thank you” to them for some reason, it is concise and simple. But what if there is an office party or a family occasion where you are speaking in front of a lot of people? Whatever it is, surely you will not end your speech with a mere “thank you.” Especially when you are collectively thanking a lot of people.
For example, let’s assume that you are at an office party celebrating your promotion with your coworkers. There, you have decided to give a short appreciation speech to show your gratitude towards your supportive coworkers. If you think that by just saying “Thank you, everyone, for this amazing party,” you are done with your little speech, think back. You are at a gathering, especially which concerns your job, and if you end up speaking just a little, it won’t leave an excellent impression on others. In fact, if you are at any other gathering, simply saying “thank you everyone” to conclude your speech is not a very wise choice to make.
During any speech, especially which concerns saying “thank you” to several people collectively, you should try to make your speech a little more expressive. I am not saying that a simple “thank you” to conclude your speech is bad. It’s just that it will not leave a very lasting impact on the audience. Surely you are not obligated to impress everyone with your expressive words, but you should show your appreciation more eloquently on some occasions.
Personally, thanking someone, as I said, is pretty easy. However, when you are collectively thanking a lot of people, it can get pretty hard. If you are very good at being expressive with your words, then I’m sure you have got it covered, whatever the occasion is. Though you feel not so very confident with your speech and want to add a few more words to express your gratitude properly, this article is here to help you. Further in this article, I will be telling you how you can say “thank you everyone” in different manners. So let’s check it out!
Thanking Everyone During A School/College Ceremony
We all know that there are several ceremonies celebrated in schools and colleges. Whether we are talking about orientation, any campus programs, a graduation ceremony, or something else, you definitely see at least one person making a speech during these situations. If you have gotten such an opportunity to speak in front of an audience, you should make sure that you conclude your speech properly. Here are a few suggestions you can look at to say “thank you everyone” in a more meaningful and elaborated manner:
1. Being a part of this institution has taught me a lot of things. The people here have always been supportive and encouraging, and I feel so grateful for everything you have given in these past few years. Now that I am graduating, I want to thank all the people present here. I will forever cherish the memories I have made here and will do my best in the future. Thank you so much, everyone!
2. Now that the ceremony has come to an end, I would like to thank everyone for being such a great and amazing audience on behalf of our team. All of you have been so patient and supportive during the performances. We wanted you all to enjoy this day, and by your responses, I can say that you all had a great time. And so had we all. Once again, thank you so much for all your love and support. We, too, will continue to give our best. I hope you all have a great day ahead.
3. Thank you so much, everyone, for joining this seminar today. As the representative of today’s seminar, I am very grateful to have such an amazing speaker and audience with us today on behalf of our team. It would not have been possible if it weren’t for your knowledge and support. We are glad that we could provide the students with something new and fresh, and it sure has been such a great session. Once again, thank you, everyone, for being a part of this.
4. As a teacher, I am proud to say that I am a part of this institution. This place has given me many things- respect, love, support, and such great students. Today’s ceremony has been wonderful, and it is all thanks to our students and the staff members who worked so hard to organize this program for our sake. All of you made it certain that we were having a good time, and on behalf of the teachers, I would like to say that this was an amazing event. Thank you so much for making our day special. It means a lot to us.
5. on behalf of our batch, I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to all the teachers and staff members who organized this farewell party for us. It has been an honor to be a part of this institution and be taught by such amazing teachers. We will never forget the lessons you all continued to give us for the last four years. Even when we were troublesome, all of you continued to support us and never left us behind. All of us will never forget the days we have spent here. It has been a great ride. Once again, thank you so much for everything that you all have done for us.
Thanking An Audience During A Professional/Office Event
While you are a part of a profession, you know that holding parties and events are pretty common. And after all, it is a human courtesy to show appreciation towards the guests who join a party. Whether it is a huge party with other companies also joining in, a farewell event, or a small party organized among the coworkers to celebrate your success, there is always a host who is given the task to manage the whole event. There can also be an individual for whom that event is being organized. Whichever the situation is, here also these individuals make a small speech for the guests. If you, too, are given a chance or want to make a small speech during an office event/party, here are a few suggestions you can look at to say “thank you” to them:
1. As the host of today’s event, I would like to thank you all for joining us here tonight. On behalf of my company, I welcome you all here and hope you are all having a good time here. We have been preparing for this event for a few months, and now that the day is here, it fills me with joy to see everyone who decided to join us even after having such a busy schedule. Once again, thank you, everyone, for being a part of this event. I hope all of you enjoy your time here.
2. Being a part of this company for the last four years, I have learned many things. The support I have gotten from my supervisors, the love and respect my colleagues and juniors have always shown me, all of this means so much to me. Where I am standing today is because of all of your support. Thank you so much for putting your faith in me and allowing me to be a part of this place. I am very grateful for being a part of this office, and I promise to work better with my coworkers. Once again, thank you, everyone.
3. on behalf of the department, I would like to give my thanks to ABC and his team for their hard work. If it weren’t for your team, we would never have gotten our hands on the project we have been working on for so long. Everyone did a great job in this project, and as the head, I am so grateful to have coworkers like you. Thank you so much for making this dream come true. We have come a long way together, and we still have a long way to go. Once again, it is a pleasure working with all of you.
4. This office has given me a lot. During the past few years, not only did I improve my skillsets and excelled in my career, but I also met wonderful people and made such beautiful bonds with them. I have learned so much from all of you, and all I can say is thank you so much for everything. I may not be working here anymore, but the memories I have made here, the things I have learned from everyone will continue to cherish for the rest of my life. This little event, which you all organized for my sake, means so much to me. Thank you so much for this lovely farewell; I will always remember this. I will continue to give my best in the future, and yes, it has been a pleasure working with all of you.
Saying “Thank You Everyone” During A Family Or Friendly Gather
Well, I did say that we thank our friends and family members in a very casual manner but sometimes, showing your appreciation towards them in front of an audience is not a bad idea. In fact, it makes them feel special. Whether it is your family or your friends, thanking them for their support and love during a gathering or a party can become a very memorable moment for them. And if you are thinking of saying something like this during the next occasion, here are a few suggestions you can take some help from:
1. Thank you, everyone, for throwing this surprise party for me. I seriously was not expecting this grand ceremony for my birthday, but once again, all of you proved me wrong. This has been a wonderful evening, and it is all thanks to you. Thank you for making my day special and for always loving and supporting me. I am very grateful to have such amazing people like you in my life.
2. This little event I organized for tonight was to say this- thank you. It may sound a little corny, but I consider myself very lucky to have friends like you in my life. Whatever the situation has been, you guys never left my side for all these years. And I want to thank you all for everything that you have done for me. Thank you for being such great friends.
3. We may not see each other very often, but during occasions like these, when the whole family meets once again, it always feels wonderful to have everyone and enjoy our time together. Thank you, everyone, for coming here today and making this place lively!
Saying “thank you,” especially when you address it in front of many people, is always a good idea to be more expressive. Sticking to a simple “thank you everyone” during an occasion may not work out every time, and that’s why these examples above are there to tell you how you can thank everyone in a more meaningful way. I hope these will you out!