It is no lie when we say that Dunkin’ Donuts has been everyone’s favorite for the longest time. Whenever there is an eager craving for donuts, Dunkin’ Donuts is the knight in shining armor. Here, we’ll know ‘Does Dunkin’ Donuts drug test?’
When it comes to working at this food chain, people wonder about a lot of questions that they find difficult to find on the Internet. Well, not anymore.
This article covers everything you need to know about working at Dunkin’ Donuts. Let’s first start with what Dunkin’ Donuts is and its history, for those who are unaware of the same.
An American multinational doughnut and coffee company, Dunkin’ Donuts was founded in 1950, in Quincy, Massachusetts by William Rosenberg. It was acquired by Baskin Robbins’s company Allied Lyons in 1990 and then was purchased by Inspire Brands on 15 December 2020.
With concerning 12,900 stores in 42 countries, Dunkin’ Donuts is currently one of the world’s largest coffee and doughnut chain in the world.
And like any other company, it aspires to grow more and more.
What are the products that Dunkin’ Donuts sell?
Dunkin’ Donuts is a beverage-led company and its products include the following:
- Donut holes,
- And basically everything you can ‘munch’ on.
How much does Dunkin’ Donuts pay?
The salary at Dunkin’ Donuts is pretty good for those who want to work there during their summer break, or for side money, or simply just for students who want to earn part-time or needs pocket money. Following are the salaries of people with different designations at Dunkin Donuts:
- A Crew Member is paid $10.81 per hour.
- A Shift Leader is paid $11.28 per hour.
- A Baker is paid $11.41 per hour.
- A General Manager is paid $13.88 per hour.
- A Barista is paid $10.65 per hour.
- An Assistant Manager is paid $12.51 per hour.
- A Restaurant Manager is paid $16.01 per hour.
- A Stocking Associate is paid $1,396 per week.
- A District Manager is paid $68,088 per year.
Does Dunkin’ Donuts Drug Test?
Dunkin’ Donuts does not drug test during the interviewing process but once you are hired, they mention it in their policy that employees can be drug tested anytime during the job.
A survey has shown that most people who have worked at Dunkin’ Donuts were never tested for the same. But if they do your drug test and if you are tested positive, actions would be taken against you. These actions might include- firing you or filing a report against you. Not to forget, getting fired because of drugs also hurts your reputation badly.
It is understandable that people who consume drugs also need jobs and that drug testing comes in the way of that, but it is always advised to not consume drugs in the first place, for better health, of course.
What are some qualities that Dunkin’ Donuts values?
Following are some qualities that you should have if you are considering Dunkin’ Donuts for a job:
- Being responsible,
- Being fun,
- Being innovative,
What is the Hiring process of Dunkin’ Donuts?
There are several ways of applying to Dunkin’ Donuts which include- online application, in person, or through a referral.
Step 1: Choosing the method of application that you prefer the most.
- Online application: You have to go on their website and fill out an online application for the position you want to apply for. It usually takes a week or two for them to get back to you after receiving your application.
- In-person: When you apply in person, you will be either hired or denied on the spot or maximum within a day. It does not take any longer.
- Through a Referral: Applying through a referral is applicable when someone already working at Dunkin’ Donut refers you for the job. Since you have been referred for the job, getting the acknowledgment of whether you got the job or not shouldn’t take long.
Step 2: Interview.
- Depending on the application process you chose, you will be called in for an interview according to how much time it takes to evaluate your application.
- The interview is not so difficult and people are successful, but, it is not promised that everyone would get the job.
Some of these interview questions are as follows:
- What makes you better than the other candidates?
- What is the one thing that you like the most about our company?
- What is the one quality that you like most about yourself?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- If you were given 1 minute to describe yourself, how would you?
- What kind of work environment do you like?
- What do you expect from the job?
- How often will you be available for the job?
- What are your plans for working with us? Do you want to work for any specific time period?
- How do you manage work stress?
What are some of the benefits of working at Dunkin’ Donuts?
Following are some of the benefits that employees get at Dunkin’ Donuts:
- Life Insurance,
- Short and long term disability,
- Optional health plans,
- Paid time off,
- On-site fitness coach,
- Education opportunities,
- Free munchies,
- Discounts on packaged coffee, etc.
What is the hiring age of Dunkin’ Donuts?
Anyone of age 16 and above can apply for a job at Dunkin’ Donuts for any role available. Although, some roles and some locations might have their own age requirements, so please be sure to check beforehand.
If you want to work at Dunkin’ Donuts and get the opportunity to do so, grab it. Working at the company is very convenient especially for school students who are always in need of side/extra money and wants to work part-time.
Other than that, for those who want to work full time and at a high position, the salary is pretty good and other perks are also there so it’s a win-win.