You’ve probably got a job interview at Chick-fil-A, one of America’s largest fast-food chain restaurants. There’s no better time than now to get prepared for the screening processes, and one of the pressing questions remains, “Does Chick-fil-A test prospective staff for drugs?”. The simple answer is no. While Chick-fil-A does not tolerate any act involving illegal drugs, it also does not make it mandatory for its outlets to conduct pre-employment drug testing. Chick-fil-A uses a franchising model, meaning the different fast-food outlets have different owners. Generally, the fast-food chain gives its owners the freedom to decide if they want to take a drug test or not. With that in mind, you may or may not have to take a drug test at your upcoming Chick-fil-A interview. It’s best to check with your local Chick-fil-A about their drug testing policy. So, this article will let you know ‘Does Chick-fil-A Drug Test?’
Let’s consider what you’ll need to do if your interview at Chick-fil-A is going to involve a drug test. Green fleets state that Chick-fil-A mostly conducts a urine drug test. Here’s how you can prepare for this kind of test.
What’s to expect at a Urine Drug Test?
Outside the testing room, you’ll have to leave your outerwear and empty your pockets. There’s usually a suspicion of test subjects sneaking in urine samples other than theirs in a bid to falsify the test results. It helps to leave most of your belongings at home.
- You’ll walk into a testing room that has a toilet. Although the toilet room door is watched, the toilet room itself is private.
- A urine sample will be required, which will be collected in a tiny plastic cup.
- Temperature, color, odor, presence of extraneous items or material, manipulation, adulteration, or replacement will all be checked on each urine sample.
Ways to Prepare for a Urine Drug Test
- Stay Away From Drugs – This may appear to be the most obvious method of preparing for a drug test, but it could also be the most challenging. A drug test will detect illicit substances in your body, whether you’ve been using drugs for a long time or are just trying them for the first time. Some people try to blame their positive result on a roommate’s drug abuse. But the truth is, to test positive as a secondary drug user, you’ll have to spend an unrealistically long period inhaling smoke to test positive. It also doesn’t matter how minute your consumption of the illegal substance is, a urine drug test will find even the slightest trace of the drug in your system. Ensure to abstain from any kind of drug.
- Pre-test Your Urine – While home detection kits aren’t as reliable as the tests offered by bigger drug testing firms, they can serve as a starting point for determining the number of detectable substances in your system. Test yourself at home to ensure you’re drug-free before the actual exam. This will go a long way in reducing your level of nervousness at the drug test. Ensure to test your first urine in the morning. If this sample is positive, you can try diluting your urine by using the other techniques we’ve suggested.
- Drink Lots of Beverages – One great way to cleanse your body of any existing drug traces is to drink a lot of liquids. This increases the rate at which you urinate, thus removing unwanted substances from your body system. Some tea or coffee will do. However, avoid the aforementioned beverages if you’re expecting or are diabetic. It’s best to check with your physician to determine the safest fluids to take.
- Exercise to Speed Your Metabolism – Regular exercise for at least 35 minutes daily, will go a long way in helping you burn body fat at a faster rate and clean your body of any drug residue. You can download an exercise app that plans some effective indoor exercise for you, or register at a gym. Don’t forget outdoor exercises like jogging can help a great deal. Anything that raises your heart rate will speed up your metabolism and aid in the removal of drug remnants from your body. Exercise should be avoided 48 hours before the drug test. You’ll want your body to cease burning extra drug residue at this stage. You’ll instead let your body absorb it.
- Eat Fatty Foods – Start consuming extra fatty meals, such as deep-fried dishes from any fast-food chain, two days before the exam. At this stage, the objective of eating fatty meals is to slow down your metabolism. This enables you to pass out any unwanted drugs. Your liver absorbs the drug residue and passes it into your urine as a way of cleansing your body. If you’re taking this route, then it’s best to hit the pause button on exercise. Ensure to pass urine as much as you can in the morning before heading for the test. Breakfast should be a large, fatty meal with lots of drinks to wash it down. It’s also recommended that you take lots of vitamin B which gives your urine a nice yellow hue and helps flush it of any drug residue.
All in all, it is crucial to abstain from drugs as this will put you in the safest spot with the hiring managers at Chick-fil-A. Even when you’ve secured the job, remember that the fast-food chain reserves the right to conduct random drug tests if any questionable injuries or suspicious behavior occurs at work.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Drugs Does Chick-fil-A Test Target?
The drug test at Chick-fil-A usually targets 5 of the most commonly addictive drugs Opiates, Phencyclidine (PCP also known as angel dust) Cannabinoid (compounds found in cannabis), Cocaine, and Amphetamines/Methamphetamines.
- What is the most common Drug Test at Chick-fil-A?
Chick-fil-A mostly uses urine drug tests. This is because it detects the 5 commonly abused drugs. It’s an affordable and effective way to a drug test.