A group interview is an interview process in which several candidates are interviewed at the same time for similar positions. Amazon’s application process and the interview process differ from role to role. These are the few steps we have to know about the interview. Let us know more about that the Amazon Group Interview Process.
Steps involved in the Amazon group interview process:
- Online application process
- Assessment test
- Phone Interview
- Face-to-face Interview
These are some of the steps involved in the Amazon group interview process.
1. Online application process:
This is the 1st and crucial step involved in the Amazon group interview process.
Steps involved in the online application process:
- How to apply online
- Uploading or updating the resume
- Creating an email address or creating an account using the phone number
- Notice the status of your application
- Get back amazon passwords
These are some of the main and important methods in the online application process.
How to apply online?
- Before starting, you have to search for your interest in that job. Later you can search by locations, job categories, etc.
- Later you find the one, click the apply now button next to the title of the role at the top of the page.
- Later, then follow the instructions on your screen.
Uploading or updating the resume:
- It is recommended to upload the resume during the application process. Before uploading you have to update the resume.
- And you will have to fill in a description of your background achievements, skills, educational qualifications, and about experience.
- Without any information the application will not proceed to further process.
Creating an email address or creating an account using the phone number:
- We have to create an email address for further validation.
- In the future, however, you will able to sign into amazon. jobs by using your number.
Know about the status of your application:
- You have to log into your profile to check the status of your application.
Recovering amazon passwords:
- If you forgot your amazon passwords you have to click forgot passwords on the screen.
2. Assessment Tests:
- At an amazon group interview process, one of the highest priorities is hiring and developing the best.
- Amazon uses assessments to know you better.
- According to your role the number of assessments will be given.
- Most of the interviews are conducted virtually, whereas in some cases the hiring should be held on-site.
- During your assessment test, be in a non-voice and comfortable place with no disturbances.
- Read instructions thoroughly and carefully, as some of the assessments should be completed by a particular date.
- If an assessment deadline is missed, you are unable to grant extensions.
- All assessments will require good internet.
- In most cases, you will be notified through email whether amazon was going forward with your application or not.
- After the completion of the assessment, certain roles may require you to participate in a virtual interview or on-site face-to-face interview.
- For any software developers there are topics in the booklets.
- Try not to overthink too much or spend too much time on one question.
- For all other roles, no additional preparation is required to complete the assessment.
- Be yourself and do your best.
3. Phone Interview:
- Mostly amazon used to ask questions about behavioral-based questions that ask about the past challenges or situations you have faced in life and how you handled them.
Some examples of behavioral-based questions:
- What will you do when you need to motivate a group of individuals or collaborate on a particular project?
- How will you respond to a mistake or error during the project and how will you grow from that experience and what will you learn from that mistake?
- How will you motivate yourself when you are in a bad situation?
- Have you ever made a mistake?
- How will you set your goals?
- How will you handle any challenge?
- How will you manage your work under pressure?
- What is your goal and how you achieved it?
- Why do you want this job?
These are some of the examples of behavioral-based questions asked during the amazon interview.
Although phone interviews are easier when compared to face-to-face interviews and still you have to maintain your professionalism.
Some Do’s and Don’ts during a phone interview:
- Do not take the call in a car, cafe, or in any noisy place.
- Do not answer the call with a casual tone.
- Do not crunch gum or smoke during the interview call.
- Don’t interfere or don’t disturb the interviewer while they asking the questions.
- If you don’t have any knowledge about the answer don’t prolong the situation.
- Put your full attention on the interviewer.
- After 1 or 2 days of the interview send thank you mail.
- Introduce yourself professionally with confidence.
- Just in case you miss the call put the voice message professionally.
4. Face-to-face Interview:
- It is the final step that involves the Amazon group interview process.
- Based on the role, you have to meet two to seven Amazonians.
- The interview session will last up to 45 minutes to an hour, so you have to prepare well.
- After an interview expects to hear back call from recruiting team within five days.
These are the steps involved in the face-to-face interview.
These are the steps you have to follow during the Amazon interview process. Hopefully, this information will help you during any group interview process.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
- Tell me about Yourself?
You have to tell your present situation, and about your past job experience and you have to tell yourself how good you fit for the role.
- Why do you want to join this organization?
You have to answer like this, Sir as a fresher it’s a great opportunity for anyone to work in a good company like yours. So, I strongly believe that this company provides better opportunities for candidates. This is the reason why I want to join your organization.
- Why do you need this job?
You have to tell that you have skills that are matching to the current requirements in that organization.
- What will you do if you are in a tough situation during the project?
Tell HR that in the past you have faced many tough challenges and you have faced many difficult situations and these experiences help me to face any tough situations during the project.