What are back shift hours?
The backshift is a colloquial term for a schedule that involves working the hours that most people sleep. It is most commonly associated with the solo entrepreneur lifestyle, where the boss works in the evening and on the weekend, and then gets to sleep in late and enjoy the weekend with their family. Backshift as a lifestyle has been popularized by the solo entrepreneur lifestyle, which is often referred to as being a digital nomad or a lifestyle entrepreneur. A survey of solo entrepreneurs in the UK showed that 60% of them have worked the back shift, with 33% working three to five days a week and 27% working at least six days a month.
However, the trend of the back shift hours is not limited to entrepreneurs who work for themselves or to anyone who works a 9-5 job. Instead, the back shift schedule is becoming a growing portion of the global workforce; from the UK to the USA to China, more and more people are working these kinds of hours. The backshift hours have even become a common practice in Japan, where the government has been advocating a change.
Advantages of Back Shift Hours:-
Backshift hour schedules usually have more benefits than disadvantages.
- The benefits of this type of schedule are that they are more productive and that the back shift hours are much easier to get in and out of, which means people can work there long-term.
- The backshift hours work in a way that is consistent with the culture of the company, which can make people in charge more comfortable with it, especially if it is a new culture within the company.
- You can work from anywhere that you want, you work when you want, and you can have a flexible schedule that allows you to have the freedom to work from home; this allows you to work from an office, a coffee shop, or wherever.
- With a flexible schedule, you can schedule your time around the day that you have school or work, you don’t have to worry about getting into rush-hour traffic, and you can even sleep in at night if you want to.
- The backshift hours make it incredibly easier to maintain a balance between work and life.
Disadvantages of Back Shift Hours:-
There are certain disadvantages to the back shift hours. Some are listed below:-
- The backshift hours are not always a good lifestyle. It is a hard lifestyle to maintain, especially when you are a parent or a spouse with a full-time job.
- Many people have trouble with the transition of working in a normal office and when they are on the back shift; since the office is a culture that is not conducive to working on the weekend, it can be hard to make that transition.
- You lose out on benefits such as the flexibility of knowing that you work in a place that you like.
- Because these hours are flexible, there is no day off, which means that you lose the day off and will have to compensate for it. Hence you work long hours, which can result in burnout.
- The backshift hours are not a standard 9-5 schedule. While some people are happy working this way, others find it difficult to be accountable to a set time of the day.
However, there are ways to integrate the back shift hours into your day-to-day schedule and to make sure that the transition from office hours to on-hours is not disrupted. In other words, you just have to be flexible and make sure that you still have routines to follow.
Some Companies that provide back shift hours:-
- Thermo Fisher
- Kroger Co.
- Ferguson Enterprises
- The MENTOR Network
- DSJ Global
- Amazon Workforce Staffing
The backshift hours are the hours that people work when most other people are sleeping. They are the hours between about 1 am and 6 am. Shift work can be a big challenge for people. It means working at tomes that are totally out of sync with what we are used to, but for some people, it is just a way of life.
The backshift is considered a lifestyle that attracts the entrepreneurial spirit and the lifestyle entrepreneur, and it is a form of flexible work. It is considered as a lifestyle that is not only for early-stage entrepreneurs, as it is also attractive to mid-stage entrepreneurs, who can work from anywhere they want, with a flexible schedule that can be adjusted as their businesses grow. The backshift is a lifestyle of freedom and a way to take control of your time.
- What are typical back shift hours?
Answer:- The back shift typically runs from around 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. or 9 a.m. to 6 p.m during traditional business hours with one hour for lunch.
- Does it pay well?
Answer:- Yes, the back shift pays well.
- Do back shift hours affect your health?
Answer:- Back Shift hours may raise your risk of health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, obesity, ulcers, and depression.
- How many hours do we work in a week?
Answer:- Working hours may differ between 48-52 hours.