Travel nurses can work in any specific location for a predetermined time frame. They can work for a period of 13 to 16 weeks in any particular place. These work locations are any type of facility – like hospitals, long-term care facilities, doctors’ offices, etc. for which they receive handsome salaries. Stay with this article to get some more information regarding the salaries of travel nurses. So Let us know more detail about ‘Salaries For Travel Nurse Practitioner’.
Salaries For Travel Nurse Practitioner
The average hourly rate of a travel nurse is $36.72. Though the recently-licensed travel nurses can start with a smaller amount of $26.23 while after getting some experience they can easily make $45.36 on average.
Wages that a travel nurse can receive depending on their working span:
Check below the respective wages that a travel nurse can receive on an hourly, monthly, and yearly basis:
- Hourly: A travel nurse can make $56.49 as an average hourly rate. However, the recently-licensed travel nurses might have to struggle with a starting salary of $37.71 while after getting the experience they can charge even an average of $82.06.
- Monthly: A travel nurse can make $9,790 as an average monthly wage. However, it may deviate depending on working hours or bonuses.
- Annual: The average yearly salary may also vary for certain reasons (overtime and bonuses). On average, they earn $117,490 with a starting salary of $78,430, rising to $170,680 as more experience is gained.
Salary of Travel Nurses depending on their work type:
The salary of travel nurses also varies depending on their types of duties. Various duties or performances can help them make more money. So, check out the list below for the highlights of the salaries of different types of Travel Nurses:
|Type||Hourly Wage||Monthly Salary||Annual Salary|
|Critical Care Travel Nurse||$56.52||$9,800||$117,570|
|ER Travel Nurse||$54.86||$9,510||$114,110|
|Home Health Travel Nurse||$51.63||$8,950||$107,400|
|Hospice Travel Nurse||$55.12||$9,550||$114,640|
|ICU Travel Nurse||$53.77||$9,320||$111,840|
|Labor and Delivery Travel Nurse||$51.06||$8,850||$106,200|
|LPN/LVN Travel Nurse||$35.48||$6,150||$73,800|
|OR Travel Nurse||$58.47||$10,130||$121,610|
|Pediatric Travel Nurse||$50.04||$8,670||$104,090|
|Psychiatric Travel Nurse||$51.68||$8,960||$107,490|
|RN Travel Nurse||$56.49||$9,790||$117,490|
|Travel Nurse Practitioner||$79.53||$13,790||$165,420|
|Travel Nurse Recruiter||$41.36||$7,170||$86,020|
Other Benefits that a Travel Nurse can enjoy for their work:
Apart from the handsome salaries, the travel nurses also receive an attractive package of benefits that furnish additional value. Check out some of such benefits enjoyed by Travel Nurses in the United States:
- Insurance Coverage
- Retirement (401K) Options
- Tax-Free Travel Reimbursement
- Sign-On, Completion, and Retention Bonuses
- Free Housing
- Free CEUs
Methods through which a Travel Nurse can increase her Salary?
If you are aspiring for a career in travel nursing, then you can the means below the increase your average travel nurse pay as a travel nurse:
- You can work per diem and pick extra traveling shifts
- Maintaining multiple nursing licenses for various states is another way to boost your wages as a travel nurse.
- Evolve yourself with several skills and specializations, so that you can get a specialized grade and charge more for your work.
- You can also try a high-demand assignment for a better opportunity.
- You can also refer a traveler for further betterment in duties.
States that can offer a good salary for travel nurses in the United States:
The salary of travel nurses can also vary depending on their work location, let’s check out the variable salaries of travel nurses according to their workplaces:
1. California: The average annual pay a travel nurse can make in California is $177,040.
2. Texas: The average annual pay a travel nurse can make in Texas is $112,780.
3. New York: The average annual pay a travel nurse can make in New York is $131,810.
4. Florida: The average annual pay a travel nurse can make in Florida is $102,070.
5. Pennsylvania: The average annual pay a travel nurse can make in Pennsylvania is $108,910 .
6. Ohio: The average annual pay a travel nurse can make in Ohio is $102,420.
7. Illinois: The average annual pay a travel nurse can make in Illinois is $109,490, too.
Causes that influence the salary of a Travel Nurse Practitioner?
Apart from the location or workplace, the salary of a travel nurse can also vary depending on some factors. Check below the list of such aspects:
- A nursing education degree
- Nursing-related skills
- Work experience
If someone wants to obtain a higher salary range as a Travel Nurse Practitioner, then she needs to work hard under the above conditions.
Now we’ve learnt about ‘Salaries For Travel Nurse Practitioner’, Travel nursing was not as famous as standard nursing or home health, but now this career also has some great perspectives in the future. The problem of shortage of nursing staff in so many popular states can be one of the greatest reasons for this demand. The demand for travel nurses is gradually growing, though the training cost of the progressive nursing schools of today and the length of timing to get a nursing degree can be an obstacle to the career of a travel nurse, after getting some experience they can easily earn a handsome wage for their skill. There are many more facilities and opportunities open for travel nurses. The travel nursing profession also allows LPNs, RNs, and even nurse practitioners to find profitable jobs, travel all around the country, and visit their workplaces – often with their families.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Travel Nurse practitioners in which location in the United States can earn the maximum in comparison to other locations?
Ans. The salary of a Travel Nurse Practitioner in San Jose, CA is $150,931, it is the highest payment provided in the United States.
- What are the other benefits ( apart from a handsome salary) that a travel nurse can enjoy?
Ans. Apart from the attractive salaries that the travel nurses are provided by their employers, the travel nurses also receive an attractive package of benefits such as part-time work wages, bonuses, and insurance. These benefits can surely furnish additional value to their skill and time. Check the details in the above sections.