A Director of Brand Marketing manages all the marketing of the company. He is in charge of managing and leading marketing strategies and campaigns to reach new buyers. He creates weekly and monthly reports to analyze and strategize the aspects related to the production and implementation of the marketing campaign. Let us see about the salaries for the Director Brand Marketing.
What is the Salaries for the Director of Brand Marketing?
The estimated salaries for the Director Brand Marketing ranges between 157,863 USD to 220,421 USD per year in the United States as of January 2023. A person typically working as a marketing director earns around 177,301 USD annually.
The salaries for the brand marketing director depends on factors like years of experience, education, performance, and additional skills. A fresher can expect a median salary of 170,301 USD, while, those with experience of more than 20 years can have a median salary of 181,442 USD.
Breakdown of the Salary Distribution
Below is a detailed breakdown of the salary distribution-
The estimated salary for the Brand Marketing Director ranges from 157,863 USD to 220,421 USD per year. The median salary of a Marketing Director is around 177,301 USD per year. It means half of the people earn below 157,863 USD, and another half where everyone wishes to fall make more than 220,421 USD yearly.
The salary percentile is broken into two percentiles ,25% and 75%,25% of Brand Marketing Director(s) are earning less than 157,863 USD, and 75% are earning more than 157,863 USD. Besides this, 75% of Marketing Director(s) are earning less than 200,421 USD, and the remaining, 25% are earning more than 200,421 USD.
Median Salary vs. Experience
Experience is the chief factor in determining the salary package. Below mentioned is the breakdown of salaries with the experience.
- The median salary of a fresher or entry-level with 1 to 2 years of experience is 170,301 USD.
- With the experience of 3 to 4 years median salary increases up to 170,919 USD.
- The Median salary of someone with 5 to 6 years of experience is 171,499 USD.
- Further, for an experience of 7 to 9 years, the median salary is up to 172,301 USD.
- Again, with experience of 10 to 14 years median salary goes up to 175,271 USD.
- After 15 to 19 years of experience, you can expect a median salary of 179,027 USD.
- Finally, with 20+ years of experience, median salary touches 181,442 USD.
Salary Expectations Vs Education
As we all know a higher level of education gets you a good-paying job. Here is the comparison of education with salaries.
The median salary for those who have earned a diploma or technical certificate is 164,536 USD with experience of 1 to 2 years.
The median salary for someone with a bachelor’s degree is 167,727 USD per year, assuming an experience of 1 to 2 years.
While the median salary for someone holding a master’s degree or MBA is 169,468 USD per year, with experience of 1 to 2 years.
The median salary for those who have gained JD, MD, Ph.D. or equivalent qualification is 170,919 USD per year with 1 to 2 years of experience.
What is the Role of the Marketing Brand Director?
The brand marketing director’s role is to manage the company’s marketing and communication strategies. Let’s dive deep into the role of marketing brand director.
- Propose and implement the marketing strategy for existing and latest brands.
- To develop a brand-building strategy.
- Prepare annual marketing budget.
- Manage the agenda and line up events like webinars, conferences, and meetings.
- Guide and lead the marketing team.
- Regularly review the market trend and activities of competitors and make a marketing plan.
- Enable the sales team to function effectively by providing the necessary tools.
- Manage the company’s social media presence.
- Conduct market research and identify new business opportunities.
- Use data for marketing campaigns, and examine the company’s data with external data.
- Deal with media agencies for the promotion of the brand.
How to become Director of Brand Marketing?
Director Brand Marketing requires minimum bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, advertisement, communication or relevant field. To become Director of Brand Marketing, you must go through the roles of brand manager, marketing manager, and account executive.
Having MBA or master’s degree will enable you to rise to the level of chief marketing officer, strategy officer or head of marketing.
Enroll in Certificate Courses to become Director of Brand Marketing
The marketing certificates from some best institutes will prosper the marketing career. Below is a compilation of some best institutes in the world.
|Professional Certified Marketer (PCM)||AMA|
|Certified Manager Certification (CM)||ICPM|
|Certified Blockchain & Digital Marketing Professional||Blockchain Co…|
|Certified Manager Certification (CM)||MRERF|
|Certified Manager Certification (CM)|
Below are critical skills for a successful marketing career
Strong Management Skills
You will supervise the marketing department and guide everyday operations. You will have to guide and direct the members of the marketing team.
Leadership and Communication Skills
The marketing director’s role is quite creative, it is crucial to have good interpersonal and communication skills as this role demands constant networking and representing your organization.
Positioning the brand in the existing market by constantly analysing and reviewing the market data, market trends, and consumer behaviour. This analysis helps to plan the marketing strategy.
Undergraduates specializing in marketing and business studies are eligible for the role of marketing director. However, some employers prefer MBA or post-graduation qualification.
5+ years of managerial experience is expected for this role. Generally, marketing directors are promoted from marketing managers or head of marketing.
In the U.S., a typical marketing director earns 177,301 USD per year. The salary ranges from 157,863 USD to 220,421 USD per year in the United States. The estimated Entry-level salary is 170,301 USD.
- What are your following career opportunities after being Director Brand Marketing?
Answer: The following career opportunities include Chief marketing officer – strategy officer- marketing executive.
- Which are the highest-paying industries for a Director Brand Marketing?
Answer: Manufacturing > Technology > Finance > Media >Telecommunication > Professional > Retail Healthcare > Hospitality