A School Resource Officer is a person who is responsible for the protection and smooth running of a school. The officer takes care of any violations or trespassing on the school campus. They are assigned to law enforcement, addressing rule breaks such as not following signs and school codes. Let us know more detail about ‘Salaries For School Resource Officer’.
Salaries For School Resource Officer
A School Resource Officer has many responsibilities on the school premises and is concerned with the restrictions, rules, and violations on campus. The resource officer is somewhat like a police officer. He or she should be able to justify any wrongdoings and teach students moral standards. This helps students learn how to judge and differentiate between right and wrong actions.
A school resource officer’s salary is $72 522 per year on average. The salary ranges from $63 279 to $90 036. From this 57% of the school resource officers make $70 969 to $76 436, while 86% make $90 036. The resource officer has to pay a 22% federal tax which makes it $60 628 on average. Each month they take home $5 052 and have to pay rent of $2 506 which is 49.6% of their monthly salary. The. school resource officers make the most in San Francisco with a salary of $87 510 per year on average. This is 21% higher than the US average.
Salaries Of The School Resource Officer Area-Wise
The salaries of a school resource officer vary in all the cities of the US concerning many factors like living costs, daily expenses, and location. These are the salaries of different cities in the US per year:
- Scottsdale, Arizona- An average of $68 859, a fed tax of 22%, and an Arizona state tax of 4.24% make it $55 460. The salary ranges from $68 317 to $69 518.
- Tucson, Arizona- an average of $65 915, a fed tax of 22%, and an Arizona state tax of 4.24% make it $53 289. The salary ranges from $52 732 to $79 098.
- Plano, Texas- An average of $73 448, a fed tax of 22% makes it $61 350. The salary ranges from $71 368 to $75 018.
- Greensboro, North Carolina- An average of $70 943, a fed tax of 22%, and a North Carolina tax of 5.5% make it $55 495. The salary ranges from $69 300 to $74 006.
- Bakersfield, California- An average of $77 635, a fed tax of 22%, and a California state tax of 9.3% make it $60 391.
- Birmingham, Alabama- An average of $67 857, a fed tax of 22%, and an Alabama state tax of 5% make it $53 636. The salary ranges from $54 286 to $81 428.
- Winston Salem, Carolina- An average of $70 943, a fed tax of 22%, and a North Carolina state tax of 5.5% make it $55 495. The salary ranges from $69 300 to $74 006.
- Arlington, Texas- An average of $73 448, a fed tax of 22% makes it $61 350. The salary ranges from $71 368 to $ 75 018.
- Chesapeake, Virginia- An average of $69 424, a fed tax of 22%, and a Virginia state tax of 5.75% make it $54 477. The salary ranges from $69 141 to $69 809.
- El Paso, Texas- An average of $76 076, a fed tax of 22% makes it $63 400. The salary ranges from $66 380to $94 448.
Highest Paid Cities For A School Resource Officer
The highest paying cities in the US are many but here are mentioned the top 10 to give you an idea of the salary ranges all over the US. The highest of all are Atkinson, Nebraska, Texas, and Barnstable Town. Let us look at the 10 cities that pay the highest:
- Atkinson, Nebraska $55 855
- Barnstable Town, Massachusetts $52 075
- Frankston, Texas $53 604
- Inverness, California $51 614
- Santa Rosa, California $50 048
- Dimondale, Michigan $50 240
- Manhattan, New York $49 844
- Hopper Bay, Alaska $49 469
- Skyline-Ganipa, New Mexico $48 553
- Cambridge, Massachusetts $48 445
Many cities pay more or less than the salaries above and you can apply anywhere if you are looking for the best salary. There are many jobs related to a school resource officer like school medical officer, technical officer, business Information security officer, healthcare information officer, or senior security operations officer.
Life Of A School Resource Officer
A school resource officer has an hourly pay of $20.96 on average and a monthly salary of roughly $5 052. They have to pay the rent of $2 506 per month which is 49.6% of their total payment. A 2% bonus which amounts to $1568 is received by 100% of the school resource officers in the whole US. Whereas the base salary is $70 955. To choose the right place to apply you will need to know about the living cost of that particular location.
School Resource Officers have a wide range of options in the US and you have to be diligent in this job if you want to make this your sole career. There are many options you may find concerning salary and location but remember to consider the costs involved as well. The salary of a school resource officer may not be the highest paid in the US but the job is a well-respected one.
- What qualifications are required to be a school resource officer?
To be a school resource officer you will need to have a high school diploma and a police training certificate. You have to know about CPR and a criminal background check as well.
- Which is the lowest paying state in the US?
The lowest paying state in the US would be Georgia with a salary of $30 378 per year. This makes the monthly pay of $2 531 and hourly pay $14.60.
- Does a school resource officer take classes at the school?
Yes, in some school programs the school resource officer can give lessons in the class regarding safety regulations and rules to be followed on campus. But otherwise, they do not give lessons as teachers do as a part of the curriculum.