Many of the four million motorcycles that are now on the road are serviced and repaired by motorcycle mechanics. They carry out minor repairs, including adjusting and changing spark plugs, ignition points, and brakes, as well as significant ones, like rebuilding engines. The majority of motorcycle mechanics work for dealers or motorbike shops. Some work for the government and maintain the police motorbike fleet.let us know about that the Salaries For Motorcycle Mechanic.
Depending on the business they work for, how far up the career ladder they go, or whether they opt to start their own bike repair business, this vocation can offer a range of wage expectations. According to Career Explorer, a motorcycle technician typically makes an annual salary of $37,600. Beginning mechanics may make as little as $24,490, while those with more expertise can reach the top rung of the field and make up to $60,060 yearly.
How Much Money Do American Motorcycle Mechanics Make?
In the United States, the average compensation for a motorcycle mechanic is about 38,700 USD per year, with the lowest average salary being around 18,800 USD and the highest average salary being 58,600 USD.
Motorcycle mechanics working in the United States of America make an average annual salary of $38,700, and a monthly salary of $3,225.
There are also some motorcycle mechanics working in the United States of America who earn the lowest annual salary of $18,800, and lower monthly salary of $1,566.
Some Motorcycle mechanics working in the United States of America also have highest annual salaries of $58,600, and highest monthly salary of $4,833.
These are the typical yearly earnings for motorcycle mechanics in the US, which also take into account advantages like housing and transportation. A motorcycle mechanic could make more or less money than the aforementioned typical wages.
Salary Distribution for Motorcycle Mechanics in the United States
A motorcycle mechanic’s annual salary in the United States ranges from 18,800 to 58,600 USD on average, as we already know. A statistical term for this is the range.
Employers can use this information to determine how much they can anticipate to pay, and employees can use it to know how much they can earn. The difference between the maximum and minimum numbers is a good indicator of salary variability.
In the United States, a motorcycle mechanic makes an average salary of 40,300 USD. In the distribution of salaries, this value sits in the middle. This means that roughly 50% of people earn less than $40,300 per year and 50% of people make more than $40,300 per year.
While percentiles and median salaries are similar, they focus on the top and bottom halves of the distribution rather than the middle number.
25% of people in the United States earn less than 27,400 USD while 75% of people earn more than 27,400 USD for the average Motorcycle Mechanic pay. 25% of people earn more than 55,200 USD, while 75% of people earn less than that amount.
Similar to the median income, the 25th and 75th percentile wages can be used to establish which quartile you fall into so that you can determine whether you are being paid adequately in comparison to others in your profession and location.
Factors influencing the salaries of motorcycle mechanics
Level of experience
Salary increases are typically correlated with your amount of experience. In general, you may anticipate making more money as a motorcycle technician the longer you work in the field. According to the National Compensation Survey and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, experience might have an impact on your motorcycle mechanic compensation.
- 0 – 2 Years of Experience With less than two years of experience, a motorcycle mechanic in the United States can expect to make around $19,400 per year.
- 2 to 5 Years of Experience. The typical motorcycle mechanic pay would rise to $27,800 with two to five years of expertise
- 5 to 10 Years of Experience. The average income for a motorcycle mechanic with five to ten years of expertise is $36,800 per year.
- 0 – 15 Years of Experience The average pay rises around 47,800 USD once you have more than ten years of experience.
- 15 to 20 years of experience. A motorcycle mechanic with 15 to 20 years of experience may expect to make an average salary of 49,700 USD.
- 20+ Years of Experience. The predicted average compensation for a motorcycle mechanic with more than 20 years’ experience rises to 54,100 USD.
Level of education
In order to determine if a higher education level would result in a higher income, the following is the average salary for a motorcycle mechanic in the United States based on the education level of the employees.
- Upper secondary. In the United States, a motorcycle mechanic who has completed high school may expect to make an average salary of $23,800 per year.
- Certificate or degree A motorcycle mechanic in the United States who has completed their studies may expect to make an average salary of $34,400 per year.
- degree of bachelor. In the United States, a motorcycle mechanic with a bachelor’s degree can expect to make an average salary of $58,200 per year.
How much money they may make working as a motorbike technician depends on where they reside. Working in a major city is typically associated with a higher wage and greater cost of living.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has provided a list of some significant cities and their related average motorcycle mechanic salaries.
- Motorcycle mechanics working in San Francisco, CA earn an average salary of $65,614 per year.
- Motorcycle mechanics working in Boston, MA earn an average salary of $55,137 per year.
- Motorcycle mechanics working in Philadelphia, PA earn an average salary of $52,943 per year.
- Motorcycle mechanics working in Indianapolis, IN earn an average salary of $52,381 per year.
- Motorcycle mechanics working in New York City, NY earn an average salary of $51,132 per year.
- Motorcycle mechanics working in Milwaukee, WI earn an average salary of $44,065 per year.
In conclusion, It’s the best of all worlds for motorcycle mechanics who are also avid riders. They may make a living while doing something they enjoy doing every day at work. There are a variety of programmes available to assist you acquire the fundamental knowledge you need and obtain certification if this is something you’re interested in pursuing as a career. It takes several years to finish such programmes. In most cases, these programmes include business-related courses.