Remember the time when in our childhood we used to play in the mud? It was not a cup of tea for all but noticeably some of them liked it. so, the person who likes it and has an interest in it can have a sparkling career in becoming a heavy equipment operator. A heavy equipment operator is the one who is responsible for handling the heavy machinery. Are you dreaming of becoming one? Are you also thinking about achieving your childhood dream but don’t know the direction? Also, do you want to know about the salaries that you will get as Heavy Equipment Operator? So, buckle up and your destination awaits you.
The salary base of a heavy equipment operator starts from the range of $57,331. The maximum that a heavy equipment operator gets is $77,770. The average salary and the median salary of a heavy equipment operator range from $68,550. The hourly rate that a heavy equipment operator gets in the United States is about $21.50. This job can help you earn a fancy amount along with new adventures.
How to become a heavy equipment operator?
When you have a clear-cut idea of your future, that you want to become a heavy equipment operator, then half of the task is completed. The only thing that is left is to ride the journey well. But before reaching the destination, the journey is too long, and you need a road map of the same. Thereby we mean that you know that you want to become a heavy equipment operator but don’t know the ways to become the same. So, we are providing you with a detailed list for becoming a heavy equipment operator. Follow these steps and become one.
- Take admission to a school: The first thing that you need to do is to take admission to the school. Graduation from high school is very necessary. While you’re in school you can also take vocational training. You can opt for internships and can take other programs which help you with your job profile in the schooling itself.
- Complete the research: The next step after completing the schooling is to conduct your research in this field. Look for the specifications and specialized fields in which you can earn more and more experience. If you conduct the research well, then you will have the goodie points that you will know your field better.
- Start the training: The third step for becoming the best heavy equipment driver is to gain the practical experience to opt for training. Training helps you in exposing you to the practical difficulties that you will face shortly. You can join any training and vocational school. Joining a training school will cost you from $4000 to $18000.
- Earn the certificates: Certificates work as brownie points for you. when you know the field in which you want to go, then it is easy for you to choose the path. Once you choose the path, then you can continue either diploma or any certificate course in that. This certificate course will help you in gaining more salary.
- Build a good CV: After the completion of these steps, you need to combine all the achievements and qualifications and will have to make the best CV or resume showcasing all of these.
- Apply for jobs: Now the last task that is left for you is to apply for jobs. You can apply for the post of heavy equipment operator via LinkedIn, indeed, etc. there are huge vacancies in this field and about 453,200 jobs were available in 2018.
Salaries for a heavy equipment operator
No matter where you go, you can easily find the job of a heavy equipment operator through various platforms. The heavy equipment operators earn a very fancy amount of salary. They can lead their life with this very easily. Some of the facts regarding the salary are given here:
- The average base salary for heavy equipment operators is near about $68,550.
- The maximum salary that the heavy equipment operator can get in various cities is $77,770. This can keep on increasing with the increasing experience.
- The lowest salary figure that one heavy equipment operator gets is $37,010. This is the heavy equipment operator gets in their initial days of starting the work.
- The hourly rate for a heavy equipment operator keeps on fluctuating according to market standards. But the heavy equipment operator will get $21.05 for working an hour.
Salaries for a heavy equipment operator in various cities
You can understand the importance of the location factor in determining the salary bracket of a heavy equipment operator. The salary of a heavy equipment operator keeps on fluctuating according to the location and city. If you relocate yourself then you will earn according to the rates that the city offers. A list of cities along with the salary is given under:
- New York – $83,840
- Hawaii – $78,500
- Mississippi – $37,010
- South Carolina – $40,680
- Illinois – $79,330
- Alabama – $41,510
- Arkansas – $37,900
- California – $75,440
- New Jersey – $78,120
- Georgia – $38,290
- Hawaii – $78,500
- We are having the idea that this full-fledged guide will surely sail you through all your queries and will lead you to the destination of becoming a heavy equipment operator. You can easily target the city in which you want a job as a heavy equipment operator with the help of the list of cities with salaries provided above. This complete guide will fulfill your dream of becoming the best heavy equipment operator of all time. You can also choose different specifications for you according to your interest in the field.
- Which heavy equipment operator is the highest paid?
The crane operators are the highest-paid heavy equipment operators. Their salary starts from $37,500 and ranges to $77,770 per annum.
- What are the different fields for heavy equipment operators?
There are yard managers, backhoe operators, riggers, motor grade operators, crane operators, construction equipment operators, winch truck drivers, etc. in this field of heavy equipment operators.